PDA

View Full Version : Leadtek TV Tuner Installation problem!

ringu61
04-29-03, 04:03 AM
I am facing a really annoying problem. When I install da whole thing, da CrossOver driver always reboot my computer. what the hell........Help.

FastM
04-29-03, 01:40 PM
Would you by any chance be using a nForce2 with an Audigy sound card?

Jon
04-29-03, 04:50 PM
Funny that, I got my Leadtech TV tuner about 3/4 days ago. I had exactly the same problem (using Windows XP with SP1). What I actually had to do is, as soon as the desktop started to load, rush to control panel and there should be a device with a yellow exclamation mark that says unknown device. Right click on it and disable it. This should stop it from rebooting.

Also, I found the problem was caused by the fact that the Crossbar had already been detected and was in control panel once installed correctly, this was the second time it had been detected and was causing a conflict.

You can then go on to install the software by exploring the CD and go to the WinfastTV/AP directory and run the setup program.

I have to admit that I was very annoyed about the difficulty in getting it to work. However, I can forgive it because since I got it working I have found it to be an excellent TV/Capture card. I also love the application software that came with it.