PDA

View Full Version : TF2...why I hate ubering people.

Pages : [1] 2

AngelGraves13
03-10-08, 10:45 PM
So, I play a lot of TF2 and I hate to uber people as a medic. The last 4 people I ubered on a server did nothing. They didn't even run into the action...they ran away from it, or tried to cap a point. What's wrong with people? I don't exactly have ubers to waste. I uber someone I expect them to run into the action and kill as many as they can before they get killed when it runs out. Nobody wants to take risks anymore. They're so worried about their precious points and their rank, they want to kill but not be killed. So, that is why I hate ubering people. I even let people know on servers where ubers have been wasted.

A reply from someone when I said "I hate ubering people" was "because you suck" but really...I'm a medic, I follow you and uber you. If you suck, so do I...I'm pretty much your shadow.

JigenD
03-10-08, 10:56 PM
So, I play a lot of TF2 and I hate to uber people as a medic. The last 4 people I ubered on a server did nothing. They didn't even run into the action...they ran away from it, or tried to cap a point. What's wrong with people? I don't exactly have ubers to waste. I uber someone I expect them to run into the action and kill as many as they can before they get killed when it runs out. Nobody wants to take risks anymore. They're so worried about their precious points and their rank, they want to kill but not be killed. So, that is why I hate ubering people. I even let people know on servers where ubers have been wasted.

A reply from someone when I said "I hate ubering people" was "because you suck" but really...I'm a medic, I follow you and uber you. If you suck, so do I...I'm pretty much your shadow.

You shouldn't say you hate ubering people. Say you hate people wasting your uber.

Anyways, I've never seen anyone waste an uber, but often people overextend and get us both killed after the uber wears out. Then again I'm playing the 360 version (I own the PC version too, but don't play it much).

crainger
03-10-08, 11:10 PM
You have to communicate. You just can't uber someone and expect them to do as you say. Find someone willing to work with you and enter the action.

AngelGraves13
03-11-08, 12:46 AM
You have to communicate. You just can't uber someone and expect them to do as you say. Find someone willing to work with you and enter the action.

I don't have a microphone.

bob saget
03-11-08, 12:49 AM
maybe type quickly in team chat.
To own when ubered, you need constant communication, maybe invest inna 10 dollar mic, mine works great, and people have no problem hearing me.
Try to uber someone who looks like they are good :)

Atomizer
03-11-08, 12:52 AM
Back in the day, we used to use text to communicate on the internet, oh wait, we still do.

bob saget
03-11-08, 12:57 AM
i appreciate medics healing me when i am sniping, but i honestly dont need UBER. Give it to some heavy or soldier.

AngelGraves13
03-11-08, 01:27 AM
Back in the day, we used to use text to communicate on the internet, oh wait, we still do.

I can't sit there typing all day. By the time I finish typing a sentence, the whole situation has changed and what I wrote doesn't even matter.

I like ubering people who have mics so they can help me help them.

bacon12
03-11-08, 02:01 AM
So thats why you never speak to me in game.. :(

Seriously some people suck and you are wasting an uber on them.

Atomizer
03-11-08, 02:04 AM
I really need to play more anyway, I think my favourite classes would be sniper and spy, but yeah, Im guessing you havent been ubering those classes, hmm, a scout with uber, seems like a perfect match(with a scout that knows how to move at least....)

CaptNKILL
03-11-08, 02:19 AM
Keep an eye out for the players who are at or near the top of the score board. Heal everyone, but uber the people who are obviously good at the game. And always uber Pyros, Heavies and Demos before soldiers (soldiers shoot 4 times and then the uber is wasted... at least a demo can toss 8 stickies in a room and blow everyone up at once). Keep an eye out for people who are reloading or firing too. If you are at 100% uber with only one or two people around and someone is yelling for an uber but is reloading or just finished firing a bunch of rounds, wait for them to reload. There's nothing more useless than giving an uber charge to a soldier or demoman who's weapons are empty or close to it.

Still, some people just suck and others have a bad moment. If someone fails to take advantage of an uber, try someone else next time if you have a choice.

AngelGraves13
03-11-08, 02:38 AM
So thats why you never speak to me in game.. :(

Seriously some people suck and you are wasting an uber on them.

You in my friend's list?

AngelGraves13
03-11-08, 02:40 AM
I had a good uber just now. Ubered a heavy and he took down all of point B's defenses at gravelpit inside. It was great. We captured the point (even though we died). I did have to waste a uber on myself because a pyro uber snuck up behind me and I had to run.

RAY16
03-11-08, 02:46 AM
Yeah, I hate using my uber on somebody just to have them backpedal and totally waste the damn thing.

Here's a vid of me and a heavy rocking it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6gBacSuwEM

Only reason I used that Uber on the Soldier is because it's better to have used it then to die holding on to it, and one more hit would have killed me.

i appreciate medics healing me when i am sniping, but i honestly dont need UBER. Give it to some heavy or soldier.

Ubering a sniper is retarded... O_o

AngelGraves13
03-11-08, 02:51 AM
Yeah, I hate using my uber on somebody just to have them backpedal and totally waste the damn thing.

Here's a vid of me and a heavy rocking it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6gBacSuwEM

Only reason I used that Uber on the Soldier is because it's better to have used it then to die holding on to it, and one more hit would have killed me.

Ubering a sniper is retarded... O_o

I've ubered a really good sniper at 2Fort once and he killed about 7 people before my uber ran out, but yes...generally, I don't uber a sniper.

BTW...my STEAM if anyone wants to add me or check my stats.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/AngelGraves13

bacon12
03-11-08, 09:56 AM
You in my friend's list?

Yes I am.

poullos
03-11-08, 01:58 PM
I know what you mean when you talk about wasted ubers. I had my share as a receiver when the medic wouldn't follow me or when I pressed X,7 would wait until I was dead...

OT: Dustbowl second stage at last point, uber with a heavy/pyro from the hut but, instead of chasing those far from you, aim for those coming from spawn. We did that once(me as HWG with medic and another pair aiming the sentries) and we had no problem capturing the point and killing everyone before the end. :)

ArrowMk84
03-11-08, 02:15 PM
I hate getting medics that are (1) either noobs and have no clue what the right mouse button does, or (2) are posers trying to play like the top 1% of medics (switching between heal targets rapidly, trying to spread the uber, etc. - I've only ever seen one guy pull that stuff off, and that was on youtube...).

I much prefer medics that stick with one guy (I don't care if its me or not), only occasionally healing others, and that understand how to draw sentry fire while uber. Get a couple of medics like that up on the front line, and the entire team can steam roll the opposition.

bacon12
03-11-08, 03:34 PM
I hate getting medics that are (1) either noobs and have no clue what the right mouse button does, or (2) are posers trying to play like the top 1% of medics (switching between heal targets rapidly, trying to spread the uber, etc. - I've only ever seen one guy pull that stuff off, and that was on youtube...).

I much prefer medics that stick with one guy (I don't care if its me or not), only occasionally healing others, and that understand how to draw sentry fire while uber. Get a couple of medics like that up on the front line, and the entire team can steam roll the opposition.

I disagree with you there, and think that the medics role is more than a single player healer/build to go uber.

I look at it this way, the more teammates I can keep alive to kill the opponents then I am doing my job to help my team win!

The plus is I am building uber up and can get more points when I hook up with a good player and go on a killing spree.

crainger
03-11-08, 03:44 PM

Type things in like "Who wants my uber?" and "Ubering, meet behind that shed over there"

Those are simple, so it's fast and people see them and respond right away. So get out there Angel and unleash your hot uber all over the nearest willing muscley Heavy. He'll thank you for it.

ArrowMk84
03-11-08, 03:48 PM
I disagree with you there, and think that the medics role is more than a single player healer/build to go uber.

I look at it this way, the more teammates I can keep alive to kill the opponents then I am doing my job to help my team win!

The plus is I am building uber up and can get more points when I hook up with a good player and go on a killing spree.

I guess what I'm getting at is that hate it when I've a medic at or near uber, and I'm ready to charge right in, and he leaves! WTF?!? I can't begin to tell you many times I've yelled over the mic "give me the uber" only to find my medic has left and four sentries are using me for target practice.

AngelGraves13
03-11-08, 03:54 PM
Type things in like "Who wants my uber?" and "Ubering, meet behind that shed over there"

Those are simple, so it's fast and people see them and respond right away. So get out there Angel and unleash your hot uber all over the nearest willing muscley Heavy. He'll thank you for it.

I do usually.

bacon12
03-11-08, 04:17 PM
The one thing I hate most is a player who's arse you saved a brazillion times that won't protect you.

No correction I most hate dying moments away from ubering..

G-Man
03-11-08, 04:34 PM
i love uber'ing snipers its fun

CaptNKILL
03-11-08, 04:39 PM
The one thing I hate most is a player who's arse you saved a brazillion times that won't protect you.

No correction I most hate dying moments away from ubering..
I hate passing through a room and catching a stray crit rocket or grenade and dieing instantly, especially when it comes from someone who has dominated me.

If people can kill you instantly without even trying or seeing you, there is a problem. :p

I also hate when a medic heals one other player and ignores team mates who are on fire or screaming for help.