PDA

View Full Version : Fan control

xmichaeluk
03-11-08, 12:56 PM
Hello guys, I have GeForce 8800GTS 512MB and am looking for a tool that would control the fan speed according to the temperature of the card. In other words, I am looking for a program that would decrease the speed (lower the noise) of the fan when it's not doing a lot, and increase it when I launch a 3D application to keep it cool automatically. I am a noise freak, want my pc as cool and quiet as possible. Don't really wanna play in fan mods or buying an aftermarket cooler, they have mixed opinions.
I don't care about the noise when I'm playing games, but it's annoying to increase the fan speed everytime I play. I've overclocked my card. It's now running at core770mhz and memory 2000mhz. Fan running at constant speed of 50% - a bit noisy. Idle temp = 41-43c Load temp = 70-75c

Thanks for any suggestions.

Quick420
03-11-08, 01:38 PM
Here ya go http://www.guru3d.com/article/article/449/1/
It should get you exactly where you want to be m8;)

xmichaeluk
03-11-08, 01:57 PM
Mate, you saved my life! :) thank you

HiCZoK4
03-11-08, 02:32 PM
New rivatuner have great tool for fan control. You can set it in schleuder tab.

XDanger
03-11-08, 02:57 PM
Rivatuner does what now?

________
K thats nice but wheres "When opening a D3D/OGL application"

xmichaeluk
03-11-08, 04:43 PM
I used the advanced technique involving working out the range etc. The basic one didn't work properly. Thanks anyway :)

XDanger
03-11-08, 05:10 PM
I used the advanced technique involving working out the range etc. The basic one didn't work properly. Thanks anyway :)
The what now?

xmichaeluk
03-11-08, 05:51 PM
Ok, what it does is: The hotter your card gets - the faster the speed of the fan
The cooler your card is - the lower the speed of the fan.

While setting this up you have to include couple variables such as maximum speed of the fan, in my case 80% and minimum speed of the fan, 30% in my case.

Then you have to set your min temperature after which the fan will start speeding up e.g. 45c.

Then you use a formula to calculate the gradient at which the speed of the fan will increase.

This is how it works on my system. The card is now idling at 49c and fan is spinning at about 34-36%

While playing a game temperature raises to 55-60c and so does the speed of the fan which reaches 44-50%

BTW. I managed to reach 800mhz on the core, it is completely stable!

Very useful thing.

RaidenWoW
03-11-08, 05:52 PM
Mate, you saved my life! :) thank you

HE SAVED MINE TOO!!!