PDA

View Full Version : Asus P5N-D opinions please?

grey_1
03-12-08, 06:35 PM
http://usa.asus.com/products.aspx?l1=3&l2=11&l3=627&l4=0&model=2033&modelmenu=2

I want to be able to go SLI if I choose and it's only a 15 minute drive to replace if it dies on me, so I'm willing to chance the NV chipset.

Any folks here have any experience with this board?

TIA guys!

Dazz
03-12-08, 07:31 PM
Funny you should bring that up i just got mine today after nothing bu headaches with my ABIT 680i and memory slots diying. Anyway it is a really good board to tell you the truth although the overclocking options are confusing in that some options help better then others. Bumping the North bridge and south bridge voltage yeilded very mild overclocks but increasing the HT voltage allowed me some good overclocks. However temps didn't half shoot up. But it did stablise my overclock of my E4300 to 3.2GHz. I would recommend the board it also has a nice 60mm fan which is very quite.

I should note the max voltage the board can pump out for Vcore is 1.53v, although i have the option in the BIOS set to 1.6v you don't get anyway near that :( But am plently surpised that i did get to 3.2GHz @ 1.53v whole my ABIT board needed 1.6v

grey_1
03-12-08, 08:31 PM
That's a sweet overclock! Sounds like you're having a good experience with it, I just want stable and fast and I'll be happy. Thanks for the reply!