PDA

View Full Version : HP BlackBird 002 RMA only after nearly 90 days of use!

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Digital_Trans
03-12-08, 11:17 PM
Today is a very sad day. My HP Blackbird 002 decided to die on me. The motherboard won't post a bios at certain times and even if it does post my display goes black and the monitor goes on stand-by mode while the computer is running. I rebooted and it's still doing the samething. I even went into the bios to check some settings and while in the bios my display goes black and the Dell 30" LCD goes on stand-by mode while the blackbird continues to stay running. I checked the back of the HP Blackbird because there's an LED poster display which gives you code messages. It's been reporting the following code messages.

CPU INIT

DET IDE

That is all I've noticed for the codes being posted on the Asus Stiker Extreme 680i LED poster. I'm not even hearing beep codes on bootup to give me a sign that maybe I've got a bad video card or something else. It's just odd and I wish I knew what to do but if I can't find out what the real problem is. I'll just have to RMA this old bird back to HP for a complete replacement a/sap!

Amuro
03-12-08, 11:35 PM
CPU INIT is CPU initialization failure. Not sure what Det IDE means. You can try clr the cmos, unplug all hard drives, optical drives and see if it POST. If that doesn't work, try a spare CPU if you have one.

CapnKirk
03-12-08, 11:57 PM
DT did you flash with an Asus bios?

Also, hold on, my Striker 2 Formula has the code defs in the manual.
Gunna scan them all and post them.
Give me a few minutes.

CapnKirk
03-13-08, 12:04 AM
ok uploading them to image shack now, hope it helps some. :(

Amuro
03-13-08, 12:06 AM
I checked my Striker II manual:
CPU INIT -- CPU Initiation
DET IDE -- Detect & install all IDE devices: HDD, LS120, ZIP, CDROM

CapnKirk
03-13-08, 12:09 AM
Ok here's all of them.
http://img212.imageshack.us/my.php?image=imgaj6.jpg

http://img212.imageshack.us/my.php?image=img2oe0.jpg

CapnKirk
03-13-08, 12:27 AM
CPU INIT is CPU initialization failure. Not sure what Det IDE means. You can try clr the cmos, unplug all hard drives, optical drives and see if it POST. If that doesn't work, try a spare CPU if you have one.

Also, pull the power plug and press your power button a few times to discharge the capacitors and wait a few minutes, then pull that cmos battery out, put newspaper over your video card incase you drop it, it's a pain to get to, but that will completely wipe the bios of everything including the date and time which doesn't reset by just pressing the cmos reset button, so that's the best way in a case like this.

Once the battery is out, press that cmos clear button and give it an hour or leave overnight if you are hitting the sack.

Digital_Trans
03-13-08, 12:37 AM
DT did you flash with an Asus bios?

Also, hold on, my Striker 2 Formula has the code defs in the manual.
Gunna scan them all and post them.
Give me a few minutes.

No, I never flashed anything.

CapnKirk
03-13-08, 12:45 AM
Just a thought, they will just put in another SE mobo which as you now know, succ the big one.
Between the crapp support and the low price you paid, they might jerk you around.
Believe me, I've heard all their BS and you are better off with a 780i.
I have the pics of all the steps and will be glad to help you if you want to install or are forced to install a new mobo.

Good luck, and let me know if I can help you in any way. :)

Digital_Trans
03-13-08, 12:47 AM
Also, pull the power plug and press your power button a few times to discharge the capacitors and wait a few minutes, then pull that cmos battery out, put newspaper over your video card incase you drop it, it's a pain to get to, but that will completely wipe the bios of everything including the date and time which doesn't reset by just pressing the cmos reset button, so that's the best way in a case like this.

Once the battery is out, press that cmos clear button and give it an hour or leave overnight if you are hitting the sack.

Okay, will do mate. I hope it's only a bios issue and not anything else. It's under the hp warranty for anything that might need replaced so that's at least something to consider on a good note. My new hp notebook will arrive soon to hold me over if the bird needs to go in for service. It's just a pain in the ass to have to pre-package and load the thing up for shipment and be without for a while. I don't know their turn around time on a RMA but It shouldn't take long if any. As for the CPU it loads and sometimes I can get into Windows for a short time but then the screen goes black on the monitor and it goes on stand-by.
It's just so odd and I wish I knew. I'm sure the cpu is fine. It could be the motherboard or PSU or video cards.

CapnKirk
03-13-08, 01:06 AM
Use two fingers and touch each coolant line, you should feel a vibration if the coolant is pumping, if not or it's very weak, it may be a heat issue.
The tubes should be SLIGHTLY warm, not hot.

That radiator over the fan assembly gets really dusty in just a few weeks.
If you never blew it out with air, it is loaded with dust and not cooling much.

Call them and see if they can help you before shipping it, but you may want a six pack next to you when you talk to the "tech"

Digital_Trans
03-13-08, 01:11 AM
I'm using my PS3 via the web to access the forums for now. More bad news!!! I went to turn on the system and now it's just hanging without the bios posting. The Blue LED Poster on the back on the hp blackbird is giving off codes. The codes that it's posting are as follows..........

09-50-10 I rebooted and a new code came up as 10-19-59 Odd and I'm starting to really get pissed with all the time and money I've put into it. Okay, off to bed I don't want to be upset anymore. :( One more thing, I let the system just set there for 5 mins. and after awhile of just hanging it rebooted and posted the bios only to revert right back to the same problem.

CapnKirk
03-13-08, 01:16 AM
Ok bud, get some sleep.
Let's see what they can or will do for ya and we will take it from there.

:cool:

nekrosoft13
03-13-08, 06:14 AM
09-50-10 I rebooted and a new code came up as 10-19-59 Odd and I'm starting to really get pissed with all the time and money I've put into it. Okay, off to bed I don't want to be upset anymore. :( One more thing, I let the system just set there for 5 mins. and after awhile of just hanging it rebooted and posted the bios only to revert right back to the same problem.

really no offense, but thats what a lot of people been trying to tell you. you would have been better off building your own.

Revs
03-13-08, 06:36 AM
LOL, 09-50-10 is the time, silly ;). Did it display 10-19-59 about 30 mins later?? :rolleyes: :D

CPU INI is the code that basically means the mobo is ****ed. It means it can't initialize the CPU. I had that code on my striker loads of times. I could get rid of it usually by unpluging the PC and removing the battery for 1/2hr of so. Aventually the CPUINI code came and wouldn't go, so I returned it and got this Striker II.

The think it's the NB that fails. I had a Abit IN9-Max that got the 'A0' code, which equates to the same failure.

CapnKirk
03-13-08, 07:21 AM
really no offense, but thats what a lot of people been trying to tell you. you would have been better off building your own.

From what DT said he got it a while back and at that time there just wasn't many reviews on it yet.

He also got a $5800 rig that was being hyped to heck for only $1500
It's been the last 2 months or so that there are now enough out there where a good amount have been sent to review sites and also have been sold to the public.

I got mine last November 28th when they only had the Dedication Series available.
I found what info I could at the time which was all good, I spoke to them on the phone, e-mails, and decided to call up and order one.

The head salesman/a$$whole in charge lied about when I would get it, the system specs, the support and sent me a machine that was nothing like we had talked about me buying.

Plus, everyone there, techs, sales, customer care, all contradict each other about everything.
Honest to God man, it is so messed up that they should slapped with a class action very soon.

They outright lie on the website about the machine specs, even the videos are BS.

I haven't made one payment and seeked legal advice.
I hope DT has no probllems since he works for them in some way from what he said.

All the techs there own VooDoo Omen rigs and know jack about this Blackbird.
These guys and this Pro Labs division can kiss my left nutt!

If they were in driving distance, I would have been there in a flash.
They talk SShhit on the phone, ignore your e-mails for support and TRY to make you look like the bad guy on thier forum.

I'm all upset again about this, it has affected my health which is not that great to begin with.

:thumbdwn:

Sazar
03-13-08, 07:22 AM

Honestly, it's his choice.

There is absolutely no guarantee that had he built his own system, he would not have had issues now is there?

Digi, doesn't HP have on-site assistance? Can't they get a tech out to you? Or do you have to RMA the whole rig?

Revs
03-13-08, 07:26 AM
If you have a Striker Extreme, you're gonna have issues. It's just a matter of when. I'd be interested to know if anyone has an Extreme that has been trouble free. I bet there aint many.

CapnKirk
03-13-08, 07:43 AM
They are horrible and to add insult to injury went and modified the POS.

The 680i and quad cores just don't get along, then it's picky about the ram, and just plain stinks.

It was a biotch to intsall the new MB, but this Striker 2 Formula is really what should go in there and not another SE installed by those guys.

Awesome MB, the NB heat issue is a con, but can be worked with.

Oh well, Here for ya DT, just give me a yell if I can help.

Amuro
03-13-08, 07:57 AM
Is HP customer service that bad or just the division responsible for the blackbird?

nekrosoft13
03-13-08, 08:02 AM
There is absolutely no guarantee that had he built his own system, he would not have had issues now is there?

Digi, doesn't HP have on-site assistance? Can't they get a tech out to you? Or do you have to RMA the whole rig?

better choice of components, mostly lifetime warranty, i had quicker service with component comapnies RMA, then with actuall system builder RMA

people tried to warn him, of course it was his choice not to lisen.

nekrosoft13
03-13-08, 08:18 AM
They are horrible and to add insult to injury went and modified the POS.

The 680i and quad cores just don't get along, then it's picky about the ram, and just plain stinks.

It was a biotch to intsall the new MB, but this Striker 2 Formula is really what should go in there and not another SE installed by those guys.

Awesome MB, the NB heat issue is a con, but can be worked with.

Oh well, Here for ya DT, just give me a yell if I can help.

i have evga 680i since march of 07, got a quad running in it since september 07 OC'ed at 3.5ghz. zero issues.

what ever mods HP did to that board, and custom bios really screwed things up.

CapnKirk
03-13-08, 08:20 AM
Is HP customer service that bad or just the division responsible for the blackbird?

My Wife has an HP Pavilion Elite m9080n that was supposed to be shipped with dual TV tuners and had just one.

Customer care was very bad with her and I got on the phone, the guy was talking in circles and didn't know much about computers.

I asked for a manager and was put on hold for 20 minutes, and was disconnected. So IMO, they succ too.

The Blackbird Division makes Dell look like Gods! LOL!

See for yourself, just a heads up, IMAX on there is full of krap and his replies to my posts are incorrect and will be delt with when I feel the timing is right.

Here, have fun.
http://www.voodoopc.com/boards/threads.aspx?forum=1036

Revs
03-13-08, 12:04 PM
i have evga 680i since march of 07, got a quad running in it since september 07 OC'ed at 3.5ghz. zero issues.

what ever mods HP did to that board, and custom bios really screwed things up.

The Extreme is very different board to reference boards or the EVGA board. IMO the EVGA was always the best and most stable. Seems to be best with quads too, especially later revisions.

nekrosoft13
03-13-08, 05:18 PM
There is no good 680i board out there, that's impossible :p

Sorry to hear that DT, I hope you'll get a replacement soon.

stop by my place, i will show you one