PDA

View Full Version : Mass Effect 2 to be Xbox 360 Timed Exclusive, PC Shortly Thereafter

Pages : [1] 2

SH64
03-14-08, 06:41 PM
Good news i suppose :)
Since we know Mass Effect is meant to be a trilogy, the fact that there will be a sequel is no surprise. With EA's recent acquisition of Bioware/Pandemic however, a big question was whether the franchise was going to become multiplatform or so. BioWare senior manager Matt Atwood revealed in a recent interview that Mass Effect 2 will be exclusive on the Xbox 360, at least for a certain period, and then make its way to the PC shortly thereafter.
http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=184788
http://www.videogamer.com/news/14-03-2008-7779.html
"We haven't announced plans for timing on Mass Effect 2, period, so at this point we're not really ready to talk about it, but because we've got a really great PC fan base we think it's really important to deliver the PC experience as quickly as possible. Look for more news on that soon," stated Atwood during an interview with VideoGamer.com.

wollyka
03-14-08, 07:31 PM
Yay!
Still waiting for ME 1 on PC :p

crainger
03-14-08, 07:46 PM
Quickly as possible. i.e. rushed port. ::(:

Rather play it on 360 myself. Kotor was better on PC, Jade Empire was not.

nekrosoft13
03-14-08, 07:49 PM
Quickly as possible. i.e. rushed port. ::(:

wrong, jade was perfect on PC

crainger
03-14-08, 07:51 PM
LMAO!

You can't be serious!

I played both and the xbox version was a much better all round experience. It could have been better on PC, but the port was sloppy. Which surprised me after how good the Kotor ports were.

JigenD
03-14-08, 07:59 PM
I worry that they're talking about ME2 so much already. I worry that EA is going to push Bioware to keep pumping out games and keep cashing in.

crainger
03-14-08, 08:03 PM
I think they are fine. They have the engine and a heap of assets, all they have to do is do the story, which they probably already have, and do some tweaking and some fresh assets.

Besides I think they've only announced 2 and 3 were coming. I don't think they've said soon.

nekrosoft13
03-14-08, 08:11 PM
LMAO!

You can't be serious!

I played both and the xbox version was a much better all round experience. It could have been better on PC, but the port was sloppy. Which surprised me after how good the Kotor ports were.

yes it wasn't the best port, but wasn't bad either. it was direct xbox port with few changes that xbox version didn't have.

crainger
03-14-08, 08:15 PM
Crap changes. Useless and poorly done fighting styles. So much they could have done in the time it took to release the PC version.

xbox version plus 360's AA equals best experience for Jade Empire.

nekrosoft13
03-14-08, 08:16 PM
since when does 360 have AA (lee)

crainger
03-14-08, 08:19 PM
360 upscales and adds AA to older xbox games where possible.

I mean it's nowhere as nice as 16AA you'd get on PC, but there is more than graphics. The fact the PC version is very picky when it comes to the drivers it will run with is a major pain. ::(:

NarcissistZero
03-14-08, 08:58 PM

I can't imagine Mass Effect being better on 360 since it's such a buggy mess on that system.

nekrosoft13
03-14-08, 09:29 PM
The fact the PC version is very picky when it comes to the drivers it will run with is a major pain. ::(:

what fact? i played jade empire with about 15 different drivers, it always worked great. I'm playing it right now for the third time, about 70% done

crainger
03-14-08, 10:05 PM
I can't imagine Mass Effect being better on 360 since it's such a buggy mess on that system.

Depends how they port it. I have a feeling all the bug are coming with it.

crainger
03-14-08, 10:05 PM
what fact? i played jade empire with about 15 different drivers, it always worked great. I'm playing it right now for the third time, about 70% done

You must be playing it on xbox without realising.

nekrosoft13
03-14-08, 10:09 PM
yeah you are right i'm playing it on my xbox with 8800gtx and quad core

crainger
03-14-08, 10:10 PM
Jade Empire isn't multiplayer dude. Tell your quadcore and 8800GTX to GTFO.

Seriously, who would have a quadcore and 8800GTX? What a pretentious arsehole.

::D:

arioch21
03-14-08, 10:11 PM
Depends how they port it. I have a feeling all the bug are coming with it.

nope they squashed bugs and actually added new features people wish'd was on the 360 version, redone inventory, and they added higher textures as well.

crainger
03-14-08, 10:12 PM
nope they squashed bugs and actually added new features people wish'd was on the 360 version, redone inventory, and they added higher textures as well.

If that is the case, then I shall buy it. It will be good.

arioch21
03-14-08, 10:17 PM
Optimized for the PC, Mass Effect for the PC incorporates the following features:

* Optimized controls designed specifically for the PC.
* High resolution visuals Mass Effect for the PC features highly detailed textures, characters and environments.
* Fully customizable controls PC gamers can re-map the control scheme any way they like.
* Run & Gun Control Players can assign biotic powers or skills to 'hot keys' allowing them to play Mass Effect with a heavier focus on action.
* New decryption mini-game.
* New inventory screen GUI and functionality The enhanced inventory system makes it easier for players to equip and modify their weapons and armor.

main things added to PC version

crainger
03-14-08, 10:20 PM
Question is will we actually see high res graphics? I hoping we do. I mean this IS Bioware we are talking about. Have they ever screwed up before? Well perhaps letting Obsidian do Kotor2.

nekrosoft13
03-14-08, 10:21 PM
Jade Empire isn't multiplayer dude. Tell your quadcore and 8800GTX to GTFO.

Seriously, who would have a quadcore and 8800GTX? What a pretentious arsehole.

::D:

whats up with you? acting weird abit

crainger
03-14-08, 10:22 PM
whats up with you? acting weird abit

LMAO

This is crainger we are talking about.

Also check my sig. Might get the joke a bit more then...

spirited1
03-14-08, 10:25 PM
yes it wasn't the best port, but wasn't bad either.

I thought you said it was perfect?

It's ok to admit JE on the xbox was better than the pc. You won't get console cooties by dropping the platform bias.

Tuork
03-14-08, 10:31 PM
main things added to PC version

The new inventory sounds like a good deal. It was rather annoying.

I'm really looking forward to Mass Effect 2. The game was freaking awesome. it's the first RPG I've played in a long long time and I LOVED it.

The game obviously has a lot of things that could be fixed, namely loading elevators and textures popping up...oh, and the Mako "handles like a fat man on a unicycle". I'm confident they'll address these issues.