PDA

View Full Version : Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi 2.15.0006

Dragunov
03-16-08, 02:13 PM
Driver for XP and Vista:

http://files2.europe.creative.com/manualdn/Drivers/AVP/10485/0x57365BEB/SBXF_PCDRV_LB_2_15_0006.exe

Fixes:

Resolves the issue for systems with 4 GB of RAM.
Resolves the Digital I/O detection issue when restarting your computer.

Known Issues:

Before installing this driver, close the Creative MediaSource Go! application on your desktop and restart your computer. (After you have installed this driver, you may manually launch the MediaSource Go! application from the Start menu)
When adjusting the master volume in any of the Mode Console, there is no sound output in the rear speakers. (Use the Microsoft Volume Control panel to adjust the master volume)

This download supports the following audio devices only:

Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeGamer Fatal1ty Professional Series
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Platinum Fatal1ty Champion Series
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeMusic
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeGamer
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Platinum
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Fatal1ty
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Elite Pro
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi

Notes:

Do not install this driver for Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Audio.

t3hl33td4rg0n
03-16-08, 10:28 PM
We wait this long (over a year) and thats the list of fixes? :headexplode:

Yaboze
03-16-08, 10:35 PM
Word on the Creative forums is that these install an older driver file and are causing issues. Not sure what the deal is, I have no tried them but they mentioned they fixed the 4GB problem in the last set. So they install an older driver and are still problematic. I'm confused here.

Lith1um
03-16-08, 11:01 PM
Fixed the audio related ctd's I had with the CaptainSim C130X-sp1. (FSX)

amk21
03-16-08, 11:58 PM
Bah creative sucks

crainger
03-17-08, 01:52 AM
We wait this long (over a year) and thats the list of fixes? :headexplode:

Hasn't been a year.

CaptNKILL
03-17-08, 12:33 PM
It hasn't been that long since they updated the driver. And I haven't had any problems with my sound in a very long time. Its been pretty much perfect for about a year.

ATOJAR
03-17-08, 12:55 PM
Posted below - 03-14-08 :)

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=109857

t3hl33td4rg0n
03-17-08, 10:20 PM
Latest official drivers posted for XP is is 08/17/2006

amk21
03-17-08, 10:22 PM
Latest official drivers posted for XP is is 08/17/2006
What about vista though, thats what most of us are running...

911medic
03-17-08, 11:45 PM
What about vista though, thats what most of us are running...
No, it's not.

amk21
03-17-08, 11:49 PM
No, it's not.
7 out of the 9 people in this thread are running vista, that seems high, but I would think that over half the people on the forums have vista installed...

911medic
03-17-08, 11:59 PM
http://www.nvnews.net/reviews/msi_geforce_nx8800gt/index.shtml

From November of last year, but I highly doubt Vista usage here on nVNEWS has jumped significantly since then...

The statistics below reveal that many of our visitors have made the transition to Windows Vista although they are in the minority. Also noteworthy is that the transition rate to Windows Vista has been decreasing during the past few months and started to level off.

The slower adoption of Windows Vista among enthusiasts could be an indication that there is no compelling reason to abandon Windows XP just yet.

amk21
03-18-08, 12:08 AM
http://www.nvnews.net/reviews/msi_geforce_nx8800gt/index.shtml

From November of last year, but I highly doubt Vista usage here on nVNEWS has jumped significantly since then...
October of last year..... That was 4.5 months ago, so I could imagine a %10 jump, so that would be around %40, but that doesn't tak in account a lot of factors, I do most of my posting on my mac running windows... BUt still I expected it to a bit higher.

911medic
03-18-08, 12:45 AM
October of last year..... That was 4.5 months ago, so I could imagine a %10 jump, so that would be around %40, but that doesn't tak in account a lot of factors, I do most of my posting on my mac running windows... BUt still I expected it to a bit higher.
I suppose a 10% jump is possible, but considering from April to October it didn't even go up 10% AND that the adoption rate had leveled off the last 3 months, I'd say it's highly unlikely.

crainger
03-18-08, 12:47 AM
I'd wager most people around have XP, it's just they are content and quiet. It's just were hear more from the Vista users as they are having some sort of issues to work out, or they are posting because they just made the move.

jcrox
03-18-08, 01:09 AM
....or they're trying to play The Witcher :rolleyes:

amk21
03-18-08, 01:13 AM
I'd wager most people around have XP, it's just they are content and quiet. It's just were hear more from the Vista users as they are having some sort of issues to work out, or they are posting because they just made the move.
I couldn't stand the copy of xp(lee) I had installed, it was so ****ing buggy, that was the main reason I upgraded to vista. Believe it or not, vista has been way may reliable than xp ever was for me. Granted I upgraded 10 months after the release.