PDA

View Full Version : Vista losing gamma settings after screensaver

Sycario
03-16-08, 08:10 PM
I posted this over in the Vista forum but haven't gotten any replies so I thought I'd post here too.

Everytime I come out of screensaver I have to reset my gamma setting that I set in the control panel. It's extremely annoying. This is on Vista x64 SP1 Ultimate or Business. Has anyone had this happen? This doesn't happen on my laptop (8600M GT) but it happens on my desktop at work also (8600 GT). It didn't happen with the RC service pack (668 I think). I'm using the ISOs off MSDN with the service pack slipstreamed but I've also tried the stock ISOs.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Steamer2499
03-16-08, 11:32 PM
I posted this over in the Vista forum but haven't gotten any replies so I thought I'd post here too.

Everytime I come out of screensaver I have to reset my gamma setting that I set in the control panel. It's extremely annoying. This is on Vista x64 SP1 Ultimate or Business. Has anyone had this happen? This doesn't happen on my laptop (8600M GT) but it happens on my desktop at work also (8600 GT). It didn't happen with the RC service pack (668 I think). I'm using the ISOs off MSDN with the service pack slipstreamed but I've also tried the stock ISOs.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Try different video drivers. What video drivers r u using? Personally I don't use screen savers. I just have monitor to turn off automatic after a certain time.

Sycario
03-16-08, 11:41 PM
I've tried a lot of drivers and all seem to have this problem. I have no idea what is causing it.