PDA

View Full Version : Neverwinter Nights impressions

Pages : [1] 2

Kruno
07-27-02, 10:03 PM
I'm making a module for Neverwinter nights that will rock. So far it's taking me 2 days and I am still learning as I go in more depth.
The scripting or placing takes little effort. I just take a long time with ideas. :)

BTW Morrowing runs beutifull on my system at 1024x768 32bpp and AI distance and shadows and view distance set to lowest and 4xs AA on with 2x aniso. 1024x768 with QAA and 2x aniso runs even better (with halfway view distance). I always keep AI slider lowest otherwise enemies come from 50ft away and attack me which annoys the piss out of me lolz.

Maniac
07-27-02, 11:20 PM
Great game, if only i could find the time to keep playing it without being bothered by my old lady....heheh!!

Matthyahuw
07-28-02, 12:53 AM
Couldn't really get into NWN as much as I did with Dungeon Siege...Then I had to re-format, and never re-installed it...dunno, should I put it back on and give it another try?

SavagePaladin
07-28-02, 01:41 AM
I heard NWNs single player campaign sucked, and you might as well wait for the mods.
I had lots of fun with DS, though, and AM waiting for the mods :)

DIMA
07-28-02, 07:11 AM
Yeah, I couldn't get into NWN myself too...

Played it a bit, then uninstalled! :D

vampireuk
07-28-02, 07:49 AM
How is it compared to dungeon siege? Im currently hooked playing it online and some of the mods people are making! There are starwars mods and someone is even making a men in black mod for it:eek:

Think I might pick up a copy since im really getting into RPG games now, they are just more satisfying that FPS and other games:)

DIMA
07-28-02, 07:50 AM
Originally posted by vampireuk
How is it compared to dungeon siege? Im currently hooked playing it online and some of the mods people are making! There are starwars mods and someone is even making a men in black mod for it:eek:

Think I might pick up a copy since im really getting into RPG games now, they are just more satisfying that FPS and other games:)

I donno...

I honestly liked Dungeon Siege more than I did NWN...

They're both good games, but I still prefer FPS! :D

vampireuk
07-28-02, 07:53 AM
I think the main problem with dungeon siege is its lacking in things to do at times, its still really fun but hopefully it will get some official mods which add other perspectives to the game. It should be made a bit like runescape, a weird online rpg where you have crafting smithing mining you can made your own weapons and armor with enough skill:)

Kruno
07-28-02, 07:54 AM
Bleh! I do that in Morrowind :D

DIMA
07-28-02, 07:57 AM
Originally posted by K.I.L.E.R
Bleh! I do that in Morrowind :D

Morrowind is nothing special...

Sure, it's pretty (especially the pixel shaded water), but I just couldn't get into it...

Maybe RPG's are just not my style of game...

vampireuk
07-28-02, 08:02 AM
well everyone has their favourite:) I prefer RPG's myself just because of the levelling aspect to it you have to increase your skills to use new items. I love that kind of gameplay and its highly addictive:cool:

DIMA
07-28-02, 08:04 AM
Originally posted by vampireuk
well everyone has their favourite:) I prefer RPG's myself just because of the levelling aspect to it you have to increase your skills to use new items. I love that kind of gameplay and its highly addictive:cool:

Hehe

I love the kind of gameplay where u blow some serious ass!!

Like SOF II for example :D

Kruno
07-28-02, 08:06 AM
Morrowind is bloody addictive.

This is as much as I currently have in my NWN module :)

vampireuk
07-28-02, 08:27 AM
Originally posted by DIMA

Hehe

I love the kind of gameplay where u blow some serious ass!!

Like SOF II for example :D

SOF II is damn fun :D its fun just blasting someone away with a shotgun :D

SavagePaladin
07-28-02, 11:45 AM
Skill building in FPS involves...actual skill :p
As to Morrowind, I hated the presentation of the game...and the story to boot.
As to Dungeon Siege I'm almost positive it'll have some unique mods
s'what I get for being a DS site reporter, y'know

fishlung
07-28-02, 12:13 PM
I've been hoping to get NWN and Warcraft 3, but, at $50-60 each it's painful to think about. Of course these games had to come out after I locked away the credit card. The girlfriend is taking much joy in this, too. :rolleyes: I saw Fallout: Tactics in a $5 bin, I may go play around with that for a while instead. Hehe.

SavagePaladin
07-28-02, 12:28 PM
$50 I can understand...kind of a requisite these days...but $60? Ask me if I'd pay that. Or don't bother. Hah.

fasedww
07-28-02, 01:24 PM
Bestbuy ad here in mpls. got the game today at 39.00 :D

SavagePaladin
07-28-02, 05:28 PM
too bad my money needs to go elsewhere
hehe

DaveW
07-28-02, 07:48 PM
I saw Fallout: Tactics in a $5 bin, I may go play around with that for a while instead. Hehe.

Fallout Tactics is a cool game, I spent a lot of time playing that.

Note my new avatar :)

nin_fragile14
07-28-02, 08:44 PM
Originally posted by Matthyahuw
Couldn't really get into NWN as much as I did with Dungeon Siege...Then I had to re-format, and never re-installed it...dunno, should I put it back on and give it another try?

Exact same thing happened to me. I imagine that playing through the tutorial again will be both boring and a headache.

vampireuk
07-29-02, 03:52 AM
Thats one thing I dont like in games, a huge ass tutorial that you cant skip:mad:

SavagePaladin
07-29-02, 07:22 AM
I think tutorials are totally lame, flipping through a manual is quicker.
If you're gonna have a tutorial, why not disguise it as a mission and actually have something that isn't stupid? :p

DoinkyBottoms
08-02-02, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by DIMA

Morrowind is nothing special...

Maybe you should examine the complexity of the game and think about how hard it would be to make such a huge world. Every boulder is hand placed you know. How much more effort did it take to create Morrowind than any other game? I don't like it either, but it commands a certain amount of respect.

Kruno
08-03-02, 05:43 AM
If you drink and post your posts look like gibberish.
Anyway I much prefer NWN over MW.