PDA

View Full Version : Vista driver issue?

Burnt_Ram
03-18-08, 03:21 PM
hey all, today i put vista on a partition, and this time around it runs much better! however, i run my desktop at 1024, and game at 1600. so when i come out of a game my icons are freakin huge, and the only way to ge them normal is to change rez's back and forth or reboot? refreshrates dont work either unless i use refresh lock. any suggestions you guys have are welcome, it's frustrating having to change rez's everytime i come out of a game ....

oh and MS update installed 169.06 i believe.

Monster909
03-18-08, 09:47 PM
Download and install a application called UltraMon. In that app you have in the menu (on the taskbar icon) a option called "Desktop Icons/Save Positions". And then when the icons are off place again, you use the other option "Restore Positions" and voila. But easiest way is just to use same resolutions on both game and desktop?? Why dont you do that??? :)

Burnt_Ram
03-19-08, 09:30 AM
Download and install a application called UltraMon. In that app you have in the menu (on the taskbar icon) a option called "Desktop Icons/Save Positions". And then when the icons are off place again, you use the other option "Restore Positions" and voila. But easiest way is just to use same resolutions on both game and desktop?? Why dont you do that??? :) thanks ill give this a try. but my icons stay in posititon, its that they get 3 times there size. maybe this will help. its the oddest problem.

Burnt_Ram
03-19-08, 11:28 AM
i figured out what's cause my icons to resize after a resolution change. it's "Dream Scene" if i use 2d background it doesnt happen! soon as come back to the desktop after playing a game with dream scene running that isnt using my desktop rez it makes my icons HUGE.

wonder what the heck i can do to fix that?? it never did that a few months ago when i had vista installed? weird ...