PDA

View Full Version : SP1 Vista help

ChiBChombo
03-18-08, 09:50 PM
Ok just now I got home, started "Downloading" SP1 from Windows Update, but it keeps "Failing" to download, I click help and it says to stop the windows update service, delete some stuff etc... my question is, I did this but I did not Delete ALL the folders in one of the files, just the files, then tried again and still fails.

Any ideas?

hokeyplyr48
03-18-08, 10:10 PM
maybe the servers are overloaded? sorry didn't really understand you're problem.

was it just a failure to download or a failure to install?

ChiBChombo
03-18-08, 10:23 PM
Here, better explained :P

I just got back home from a 1 month vacation, and I checked for updates (I knew Vista SP1 was going to appear), so I click "Install update", then it says "Downloading Updates", got to 19%, then it says "Update Failed", I click "Get Help" (Error was 80070002), did everything it said, didn't fix it.

So my question is, I have windows vista ultimate 64 Bit, if I go to Microsoft.com and download this file:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/thankyou.aspx?familyId=874a414b-32b2-41cc-bd8b-d71eda5ec07c&displayLang=en

Will this work like the one in Windows Update? The one in windows update is called the exact same except it doesn't have the 5 language pack.

crainger
03-18-08, 10:29 PM
It will work. The update one is customised for you PC in a way. The one you download is the full pack designed for network admins and the like. Either will work. Probably handy to download the big one and store it somewhere. Just in case you have other PC to use it on.

ChiBChombo
03-18-08, 10:30 PM
Ok cool so No problems?

crainger
03-18-08, 11:02 PM
Shouldn't be any. It's all the same file, just the update version trims stuff you don't need. The download version has it all just in case.