garikfox
04-29-03, 11:53 PM
Im happy YES i am, using 43.51 and IM impressed here, Switched fROM 9500Pro

bkswaney
04-29-03, 11:55 PM
Why did u switch? Just wondering. :)

garikfox
04-29-03, 11:57 PM
My EQ kept crashing with my 9500 PRO and i have NO probs now BUT i got banned from rage cuz the think that they are better then US, lol

garikfox
04-30-03, 12:00 AM
5800 Ultra WOW u ROCK !

bkswaney
04-30-03, 12:55 AM
Yep... I love my 5800 Ultra. :angel:

I had a 9700 Pro but it was very unstable with
my G-bay "intel 7205" chipset motherboard.
The 5800 is rock stable in my system.
Not the first crash after almost a week of gaming. :D

Congrats on your new card. :)
To bad the 9500 pro did not work out for you.
The 9500 Pro is one powerful card.
But if it's not stable in your rig it does you know good. :(
I'm sure your 5200 will be. Nvidia cards are very stable
in most any rig. :)

ChrisRay
04-30-03, 01:21 AM
Originally posted by garikfox
My EQ kept crashing with my 9500 PRO and i have NO probs now BUT i got banned from rage cuz the think that they are better then US, lol

eqgame.exe error?

I get that occasionally in Nerriak commons, I mean it may happen once a day for me and I play Everquest almost 12 hours a day :O

Or is this another issue? The eqgame.exe error could not even be related to Ati cards,

But wasn't sure, I love My Radeon 9500 Pro in Everquest..

GlowStick
04-30-03, 02:10 AM
First of all

EVERQUEST RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Second of all bkswaney, i usto beable to do that! Not anymore, wanna guess why : P

and finaly

EVERQUEST still rules :DDDDDD

Matthyahuw
04-30-03, 02:52 AM
I just read the thread over there, they banned you for saying goodbye???

That warrants a BAN?

They really are sad folk over there...

The sad thing is I got more help with my 9500Pro over here than there...

bkswaney
04-30-03, 03:16 AM
Originally posted by Matthyahuw
I just read the thread over there, they banned you for saying goodbye???

That warrants a BAN?

They really are sad folk over there...

The sad thing is I got more help with my 9500Pro over here than there...

The mods over there are a bit overboard on locking theads.
You have to walk softly over there ...well... unless u are HB. :rolleyes: ;) :angel:

ChrisRay
04-30-03, 03:32 AM
Originally posted by GlowStick
First of all

EVERQUEST RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Second of all bkswaney, i usto beable to do that! Not anymore, wanna guess why : P

and finaly

EVERQUEST still rules :DDDDDD

hehe And I bet it runs fine on your radeon 9800 Pro. I know it runs fine on my 9500 Pro

But tis no secret its an Nvidia optimised MMORPG

gRoUnD
04-30-03, 04:01 AM
garikfox all you did @rage3d was starting a thread and never answering back as far as i see this. You blame your Radeon for being faulty, you downgrade to a rip-off gfx card and start kissing up over here. If you use one forum for flaming, the other one for kissing up, then you donīt understand what most forums are about: solving proplems and talking about this and that.

edit by StealthHawk: removed flamebait

ChrisRay
04-30-03, 04:11 AM
Originally posted by gRoUnD
garikfox all you did @rage3d was starting a thread and never answering back as far as i see this. You blame your Radeon for being faulty, you downgrade to a rip-off gfx card and start kissing up over here. If you use one forum for flaming, the other one for kissing up, then you donīt understand what most forums are about: solving proplems and talking about this and that.

"Licking ass"

I think you have a very sincere comprehension about what forums are about to you. And it's not about solving problems.

gRoUnD
04-30-03, 04:47 AM
Keep this guy and defend him. Donīt even try to realize he did wrong.

ChrisRay
04-30-03, 05:00 AM

I'm not defending anyone, I just find it ironic that you would question his posting content, When your post was just a pure flame. Completely destroying your credibility in this case.

gRoUnD
04-30-03, 05:22 AM
Maybe i should have tried not to lose my temper, but he is the reason for me to go off.

mreman4k
04-30-03, 07:10 AM
Im happy YES i am, using 43.51 and IM impressed here, Switched fROM 9500Pro Peeps at Rage 3d BANNED me already etc. for saying this, hmm... NICE place NOT..

WOW....9500 Pro to a FX 5200:rolleyes: ...you could've at least got a Ti 4200. The 5200, maybe your are saving up your money, if so, good call, if not, that has got to be one of the most...nevermind... :confused:...

EDIT: The way they banmed your from Rage3D was kind of wrong

Sazar
04-30-03, 07:57 AM
Im happy YES i am, using 43.51 and IM impressed here, Switched fROM 9500Pro Peeps at Rage 3d BANNED me already etc. for saying this, hmm... NICE place NOT..

perhaps the ban had something to do with you saying you had posted your last post there... and then 3 pages later were still posting (or should I say spamming?) gib asked you to do as you say and stop spamming effectively :) and helped you along...

I think its a reasonable trade-off...

PreservedSwine
04-30-03, 08:31 AM
Holy smokes, he went from and R9500PRO to a GeforceFX5200? And he's happy? Oh man, as if there's not enough people who are "Upgrading" their Geforce4Ti's to FX5200's, this will only add to their collective anger.....

btw- Why a 5200? There are so much better cards for less money. (GF3, R8500)

Solomon
04-30-03, 09:03 AM
I'm curious too, You changed your graphics card on just one game? Maybe you could help us who don't understand why you "downgraded for all purposes" your video card?

Share with us your resolution you game at and if you use FSAA and AA on as well? It's not that quite often you hear someone trade down for a card.

Regards,
D. Solomon Jr.
*********.com

Matthyahuw
04-30-03, 10:46 AM
Wrong?
WTF are you to say what's right and wrong, it's not like ATI is Jesus Christ or something...if someone left Christianity, I'd say that's wrong, but leaving ATI cuz of incompatabilities???

You've got some messed up ideals man...

gRoUnD
04-30-03, 10:53 AM
I accuse him of starting threads over there for the sole purpose ppl start flaming each other. I never claimed what you just said.

ReDeeMeR
04-30-03, 11:03 AM
lmao, from 9500Pro to FX5200??? Ahahahahahaha :p :rolleyes:

Matthyahuw
04-30-03, 11:35 AM
I accuse him of starting threads over there for the sole purpose ppl start flaming each other. I never claimed what you just said.
I read the thread, there was no flaming...at least nothing considered to be worthy of a ban!

He stated he had issues, and went nVIDIA, if you consider that a flame, you guys @ rage need to get your priorities straight...

I have a 9500 Pro in this box here, and it's not all roses, so I know where he's coming from, and I'll prob be going back to nV if my issues are not fixed with the next ATI driver release...

Sazar
04-30-03, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by Matthyahuw
I read the thread, there was no flaming...at least nothing considered to be worthy of a ban!

He stated he had issues, and went nVIDIA, if you consider that a flame, you guys @ rage need to get your priorities straight...

I have a 9500 Pro in this box here, and it's not all roses, so I know where he's coming from, and I'll prob be going back to nV if my issues are not fixed with the next ATI driver release...

check that thread again... and view the post times...

also note what was said in the first post...

I would personally not have banned him.. a closed thread would have sufficed... but then to come to another forum and post negative comments about the other forums... thats bad form...

concerning hardwre... there are problems with all manner of hardware... incl nvidia/ati...

nvidia gets off a lot easier than ati does concerning drivers :)

it is expected ati's drivers HAVE to work off the bat perfectly in every single thing... nvidia drivers on the other hand may work for something and not for something else and people are willing to play around with different versions of drivers in order to resolve problems whereas they are not so willing to do so with ati drivers...

:)

GlowStick
04-30-03, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by ChrisRay
hehe And I bet it runs fine on your radeon 9800 Pro. I know it runs fine on my 9500 Pro

But tis no secret its an Nvidia optimised MMORPG

Actually im off the sauce!!!

Havent played EQ for a long time, dont intend too, but i have such good memories.

The funny thing is, once the lucian came out, FPS went down the toliet, no matter what zone i was in, same hardware it just sent poo poo.