PDA

View Full Version : "Save Windows XP" petition exceeds 100,000 participants

Pages : [1] 2

Lenin
03-20-08, 07:42 PM
This just shows once more that there are quite a lot of people that don't want to have Vista shoved down their throats whenMS ends sales of XP on June 30th.
People are generally unhappy with Vista's excessive bloat, still greatly lacking soft-and hardware compatibility even after a year, many things being changed around for no good reason and its many other flaws.
http://weblog.infoworld.com/save-xp/archives/2008/03/sign_the_save_x.html
After their attempt to force people to buy Vista just for DX10 failed because people found out that gaming is still much faster in XP, they want to do away with XP now because they see no other way of getting people to buy their Vista dud :thumbdwn:

There are many reasons on why XP is still better than Vista. Here's a collection of articles detailling them:
http://weblog.infoworld.com/save-xp/archives/2008/01/learn_why_xp_sh.html

In a recent survey done by PC World, Vista fared quite bad and most people are unhappy about MS' decision to discontinue XP and force them to buy Vista:
http://blogs.pcworld.com/techlog/archives/006622.html

The comments to the above articles are also very interesting:
Save XP? Indeed, Microsoft needs to keep it alive, at least until a serious overhaul is done of Vista.

Something is dreadfully wrong with an operating system when every government agency in the United States has a moratorium on installing it on their own desktops.

To date, (IMHO) the only useful purpose that Vista install DVDs serve is as drink coasters.
Posted by: Caeden O'Riordan at February 4, 2008 05:57 PM
Vista is INCOMPATIBLE with the software we use for our small business. XP works. We like it. We don't have to pay through the nose to upgrade all our software on all of our computers. My biggest complaint about Vista (yes, I do own a laptop with Vista pre-installed): if you do not have a laptop with a discrete video card and a decent CPU, it's pretty slow, even with 2GB of RAM. I tweaked Vista's services (turned off unnecessary services) and turned off Aero. It did make it a bit faster, but not responsive enough to my tastes. I installed XP onto the laptop -- dual boot with Vista -- and wow, XP runs much more quickly on my slow-CPU-with-integrated-video laptop. And this laptop was built for Vista! Vista also drives me crazy with incompatibilities: not recognizing my Sandisk Cruzer because the security software is not Vista complaint; not allowing me to adjust the printer settings on the network printer; many of my games cannot be played on Vista (this is a BIG ISSUE with me). In the end, Vista cost too much money (for software upgrades) and has too many incompatibilities. XP works. All our software are compatible. It's relatively secure with all the Service Packs, security software loaded onto them. Why upgrade?
The problem with Vista is that MS build it against common sense and against user but with RIAA and MPAA requests on its mind.
Not allowing drivers to access the hardware level and "calling home" far to often is one of the source of the problem. Trying to encrypt and decrypt everything to avoid playing unauthorized copies of so called "premium content" is another reason for such huge requests imposed on hardware.
I'd better pay for Linux than install Vista even if MS would give it for free.
Posted by: Andrei at January 17, 2008 04:45 AM
You aren't allowed to access the hardware level because of DRM in Vista, it is being said that only affects "premium content" but that is not true, it doesn't allow you to work at the hardware level. In the case of sound cards you might as well take it off your computer since the audio is processed by software alone, what are the consequences of this? how is the sound in Vista vs Xp in normal applications as games?

Well.. check it out: http://www.soundblaster.com/alchemy/

Not even in DOS's times things were so bad. Welcome to the past.
Posted by: T. Nemesis at January 18, 2008 03:37 AM
You know, when Microsoft said their Vista sales were a record-breaking 100 million, how many of those exercised the downgrade rights and are actually using XP right now?
I know every single new laptop we have at our old company are doing just that right now.
Posted by: Calvin at January 18, 2008 07:32 AM

Drolfrawd
03-20-08, 08:04 PM
Get with the program dude! Vista rules, XP drools.

There is no way Xpee will be saved, its a no brainer. Billions of $ spent R&D
just to keep a competitor in the same market. It's not going to happen.

All the above comments as to why vista sucks , were all said about xp in its early days

flowbeejoe
03-20-08, 08:43 PM
I'm in. Not a fan of Vista, nothing worked right for me. Vista copies should be gathered, burned and destroyed.

Drolfrawd
03-20-08, 08:46 PM
I'm in. Not a fan of Vista, nothing worked right for me. Vista copies should be gathered, burned and destroyed.

You should be, gathered, burned, and destroyed. Clearly you don't have the abilty to use vista properly. You must be doing it wrong

nekrosoft13
03-20-08, 08:52 PM
funny petition,

OMFG SAVE WINDOWS 98!!, Windows 98 is fasssteeer then XP!!

SH64
03-20-08, 08:55 PM
Win95 > All

Drolfrawd
03-20-08, 08:57 PM
funny petition,

OMFG SAVE WINDOWS 98!!, Windows 98 is fasssteeer then XP!!

Who are these morons! Why do they post here, they should be using type writers.

Originally posted by LeninFixed Something is dreadfully wrong with YOU

http://www.personal.psu.edu/users/m/o/mol108/macros/moron.jpg

grey_1
03-20-08, 09:00 PM
LOL, another one. I'm anxiously awaiting my copy of ultimate from MS. The 64 bit worked fantastic for me, can't wait to get back to it. :)

Q
03-20-08, 09:02 PM
Does everyone here really think that their **** smells that good?

Drolfrawd
03-20-08, 09:05 PM
LOL, another one. I'm anxiously awaiting my copy of ultimate from MS. The 64 bit worked fantastic for me, can't wait to get back to it. :)

Howdy grey , just protecting the os, as most of these people , shoudn't be offering views on things that are clearly over their heads. Its a case of mouth moving, before any sychronising takes place.

Drolfrawd
03-20-08, 09:06 PM
Does everyone here really think that their **** smells that good?

What do you think yours smells like?

nekrosoft13
03-20-08, 09:06 PM
Win95 > All

Dos is better, it boots faster

Drolfrawd
03-20-08, 09:10 PM
Dos is better, it boots faster

and those wonderful black and white graphics. No wait , we can change the color to eh, to blue or red ... **** , this is wonderful multi color dos. Dos clearly has a problem, we should keep using our electric type writers until the satanic Microsoft , come to their senses and overhaul the operating system, because it has issues ...so there.:D

grey_1
03-20-08, 09:23 PM
Howdy grey , just protecting the os, as most of these people , shoudn't be offering views on things that are clearly over their heads. Its a case of mouth moving, before any sychronising takes place.
Lol, Hey D. Little tweaking, that's all this OS needs. Got it covered. :)

Mr Bigman
03-20-08, 09:34 PM
Another conroejoe thread.

Vista has its faults, but xp did too and still does.

And for the DRM BS:, XP has drm all over it too.

Vista is good cuz it hanldes the new hardware better, and i stress new hardware.

These idiots need to get a life instead of finding more the complain about in Vista.

I have vista boxes and they work just fine and i leave them all the time.

Drolfrawd
03-20-08, 09:39 PM
Another conroejoe thread.

Vista has its faults, but xp did too and still does.

And for the DRM BS:, XP has drm all over it too.

Vista is good cuz it hanldes the new hardware better, and i stress new hardware.

These idiots need to get a life instead of finding more the complain about in Vista.

I have vista boxes and they work just fine and i leave them all the time.

Your larger than life, and you tell the truth:D praise be upon you my son

Sazar
03-20-08, 10:11 PM
My god, there are so many idiots on that petition :D

That quoted "small business owner" is woefully incorrect but whatever.

Vista is much better than the naysayers give it credit for. I could never go back to XP.

Bearclaw
03-20-08, 10:14 PM
I loved vista and I would like to use it but is a simple issue if running poorly on my aging system. :/

nekrosoft13
03-20-08, 10:29 PM
I loved vista and I would like to use it but is a simple issue if running poorly on my aging system. :/

you are ages behind ;)

time to upgrade, a cheap c2d chip, decent p35 chip, 4gb of ddr2 and 9600gt, won't be expensive

Bearclaw
03-20-08, 10:43 PM
you are ages behind ;)

time to upgrade, a cheap c2d chip, decent p35 chip, 4gb of ddr2 and 9600gt, won't be expensive
Ya, I am wanting to go to quad though, and just skip dual core. I am not a huge performance junkie at all and as long as this system works, I will use it. :) I can do everything and still play my games so it works for me. At the time that it can't play a game I have or something else, I'll upgrade.

Redeemed
03-20-08, 11:09 PM
The sheer level of ignorance that constitutes that partition is discouraging. Our school systems have failed. We're a race of brain-dead, change fearing, fart-tards. :retard:

Runningman
03-21-08, 01:03 AM
and those wonderful black and white graphics. No wait , we can change the color to eh, to blue or red ... **** , this is wonderful multi color dos. Dos clearly has a problem, we should keep using our electric type writers until the satanic Microsoft , come to their senses and overhaul the operating system, because it has issues ...so there.:D
actually when it comes to OS efficency, nothing beats a simple command line based OS. the mainframes i work on can put to shame any of the graphics based OS's out there right now. i remember the OS370's days with 1 meg of ram. lets just say the PC's you guys have with your multi gigabyte memory stores, still couldnt touch the amount of work we used to do with those things.

Gorion
03-21-08, 01:43 AM
http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z132/gorion70/qute.jpg

Kittens!!

Badboy_12345
03-21-08, 03:59 AM
Im going to start a petition to bring back windows 95!!! :retard:

Drolfrawd
03-21-08, 05:23 AM
actually when it comes to OS efficency, nothing beats a simple command line based OS. the mainframes i work on can put to shame any of the graphics based OS's out there right now. i remember the OS370's days with 1 meg of ram. lets just say the PC's you guys have with your multi gigabyte memory stores, still couldnt touch the amount of work we used to do with those things.

This is very true sir,just a quick example my boss wrote an accounts/customer tracking program many years ago, his partner in business to this day won't stop using it.