PDA

View Full Version : Help ! FFVII : what's wrong with my graphic card?

phoenix2087
03-25-08, 01:27 PM
any1 plz help me with this!
Graphic card: Geforce 7300GT , CPU PIV 3,2 Gz, Ram 1G
I installed FFVII and applied the patch 1.02 and the SAINT high res , but look at those screenshots below
http://img.tamtay.vn/files/2008/01/14/phoenix2087/photos/102201/47e9351b_2_resize.jpg
FFVIII has the same problem too!
can any1 help me?

DansFace
03-25-08, 01:49 PM
do you have AA enabled?

|MaguS|
03-25-08, 02:10 PM
Either AA or AF is on, the game uses prerendered backgrounds so its useless for the game.

DeusGear
03-25-08, 02:36 PM
You're better off getting the playstation 1 version and playing it on an emulator. Why?
-No crashing (odds are your game will crash during tower phoenix defense mission)
-Better music (no ****ty midis)
-AA on characters if you want
-Play in your native res.

ralinn
03-25-08, 02:52 PM
You're better off getting the playstation 1 version and playing it on an emulator. Why?
-No crashing (odds are your game will crash during tower phoenix defense mission)
-Better music (no ****ty midis)
-AA on characters if you want
-Play in your native res.
+1

You can also play it windowed too :)

phoenix2087
03-25-08, 03:30 PM
yeah I've thought abt that too, but I think it's much more interesting on PC 'coz I can play with high res character with the path of THe SAINT FFVII PC high res . Don't know why this happen with FFVIII and FFVII. Not because my PC is too week right? :D so any1 can suggest anything?

NaitoSan
03-25-08, 06:50 PM
yes, turn off AA and AF also turn off smooth background (or something like that).

jeffmd
03-25-08, 07:35 PM
hey... the midi's in FF7 were great. It allowed us to use high quality instrument sets to listen to close-to-arranged versions of our fav FF7 music. Also I belive the PV version allows for better spell effects thanks to the more native high resolution, but yea PS1 disc + emulator is probably more stable, less bug ridden. I had the pc version along time ago but the disc got busted, crappy ass cardboard disk holder!

sharvin
03-26-08, 01:55 AM
crappy ass cardboard disk holder!

you not actually serious about it being carboard are you?, ive never seen a carboard disk holder before.

Toss3
03-26-08, 03:06 AM
yeah I've thought abt that too, but I think it's much more interesting on PC 'coz I can play with high res character with the path of THe SAINT FFVII PC high res . Don't know why this happen with FFVIII and FFVII. Not because my PC is too week right? :D so any1 can suggest anything?
I had the exact same problem when I decided to play it again. The problem turned out to be the high res pack; it didn't work correctly. Try it without it and see if it makes a difference. There were also a lot of patches that needed to be applied in order for it to work at all, and finding links that weren't dead for the files was almost impossible.

My suggestion would also be to get the ps one version and save yourself a lot of time and effort.

RAY16
03-26-08, 04:54 AM
That problem might be caused by newer cards lacking support for 8-bit paletted textures (I forget if its a lack of hardware support, driver support, or both).

Serath
03-26-08, 05:53 AM
I've run into this since way back when AA and AF were new to the gaming scene on my TNT2. It's because the backgrounds are pre-rendered. If you play at anything above the games actual resolution, or add AF to it, that's going to happen. no way around it. No patches, no updates, no mods. Nothing will fix it. I've been working with that for over 6 years, and still no progress. Take the others advice... PS1 version + emulator (EPSXE with Pete's D3D or OGL video plugin). Otherwise, go back to stock res.

Lfctony
03-26-08, 06:33 AM
I've run into this since way back when AA and AF were new to the gaming scene on my TNT2. It's because the backgrounds are pre-rendered. If you play at anything above the games actual resolution, or add AF to it, that's going to happen. no way around it. No patches, no updates, no mods. Nothing will fix it. I've been working with that for over 6 years, and still no progress. Take the others advice... PS1 version + emulator (EPSXE with Pete's D3D or OGL video plugin). Otherwise, go back to stock res.

You are not well informed my friend...
http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=54141

jeffmd
03-27-08, 02:43 AM
you not actually serious about it being carboard are you?, ive never seen a carboard disk holder before.

MANY if not most PC games back then used a cardboard sleeve. Some multi disk games like wing commander got abit more creative with a wallet type deal. How ever FF7 as the worst offender because instead of a cd sized holder, they used a "restaurant menu" style sleeve with 2 disc on each side, 4 total. Not only did this make it a pain to stick with other cds, but the holder didn't keep the disc very secure. It ended up sitting in a box where the disc eventually slipped out and got crushed.

Toss3
03-27-08, 02:54 AM

You are not well informed my friend...
http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=54141

pwned :rofl

Serath
03-27-08, 05:53 AM
Wow, color me blushed and green. I feel as though a life-long quest through endless hours of torture was just revealed to have an "EASY" button. My hats off to you, sir. However, the tiles are still a result of the "old" graphics not scaling to fit AA/AF correctly. And yes, the FFVII PC game came with a tall cardboard "case" with notches sleeved out for 4 discs (2 per cover) and manual slid into a pocked between the two covers.

CDE_1246
03-27-08, 08:32 PM
Can someone please put up a link for an ISO or something of FFVII so we can run it in an emulator? Thanks!

NaitoSan
03-27-08, 08:42 PM
I don't think we're supposed to do that. You can easily buy FFVII from ebay for cheap.

XDanger
03-27-08, 11:23 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/Sealed-New-Final-Fantasy-VII-7-Playstation-PS1-Rare_W0QQitemZ150228334335QQihZ005QQcategoryZ62053 QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

HOW MUCH???? I get about 10 over here when I sell FFIV on ebay.

jeffmd
03-27-08, 11:29 PM
Can someone please put up a link for an ISO or something of FFVII so we can run it in an emulator? Thanks!

Its illegal to do so. Also the psx version is 3 disc, the PC is 4.

XDanger
03-27-08, 11:49 PM
http://www.racketboy.com/retro/sony/ps1/2007/08/enhance-ps1-graphics-with-the-best-epsxe-plugin-settings.html

I forgot about the custom shaders in epsxe ,
my go do now.

Lfctony
03-28-08, 12:36 AM
Wow, color me blushed and green. I feel as though a life-long quest through endless hours of torture was just revealed to have an "EASY" button. My hats off to you, sir. However, the tiles are still a result of the "old" graphics not scaling to fit AA/AF correctly. And yes, the FFVII PC game came with a tall cardboard "case" with notches sleeved out for 4 discs (2 per cover) and manual slid into a pocked between the two covers.

In that patch, he changed something in the exe, thus the 2d tiles aren't affected by AA/AF at all.