PDA

View Full Version : Gainward CoolFX

GlowStick
04-30-03, 01:22 PM
http://www.tomshardware.com/graphic/20030430/index.html

OMG, it looks really cool. I am definatly getting a Nvidia card that it will fit on (any gainward FX class card aparently 5200-5800+)

What do you guys think?

Edit

Also, do you think i could get it on my 9800, i think the gpu block would fit, just the ramsinks probly would be a no go i dont see any holes in mine :\

digitalwanderer
04-30-03, 01:47 PM
I'm loving the all-in-one pump/reservoir/control panel bay-thingy!

I wonder if'n they make one like that for a GF4..... :eek2:

GlowStick
04-30-03, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by digitalwanderer
I'm loving the all-in-one pump/reservoir/control panel bay-thingy!

I wonder if'n they make one like that for a GF4..... :eek2:

Ya, i like how its self contained also!!!

I belive the gpu block would fit on your core, dunno about the ram though!

digitalwanderer
04-30-03, 02:25 PM
I'm just thinking of starting to shop for that cute little "water-cooling kit-n-a-bay" kit, I can pick up blocks on me own. ;)

ChrisW
05-02-03, 04:25 AM
Seems kind of redundant to me. It releases the heat back into the case! What is the point? You will have to install much more powerful case fans just to release the extra heat the original cooler released out the back of the case.

GlowStick
05-02-03, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by ChrisW
Seems kind of redundant to me. It releases the heat back into the case! What is the point? You will have to install much more powerful case fans just to release the extra heat the original cooler released out the back of the case.

Because you can oc your 5800u to 550 and your 5600ultra to a redicuously high speed with no heat impact, and then youc an oc your 5200 ultra to a high speed.

Element
05-02-03, 11:22 AM
ChrisW has a good point. If you plan on using this you better have very good air flow otherwise you end up speeding up your video card but slowing down everything else.

GlowStick
05-02-03, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by Element
ChrisW has a good point. If you plan on using this you better have very good air flow otherwise you end up speeding up your video card but slowing down everything else.

doubt it, unless your really oc'ing you will not have a thermal problem. Espically if you have P4.