PDA

View Full Version : Vista SP1 - Piracy beware!

Pages : [1] 2

ATOJAR
03-25-08, 06:38 PM
Taking the next step with Windows Vista SP1.

>Click Me (http://blogs.msdn.com/wga/archive/2008/02/21/taking-the-next-step-with-windows-vista-sp1.aspx)<

grey_1
03-25-08, 06:54 PM
Works for me, just so long as it doesn't glitch and start failing legit installs.

diamonddave
03-25-08, 07:19 PM
Well can't you just disable Windows Updates???

ATOJAR
03-25-08, 07:29 PM
Well can't you just disable Windows Updates???

By reading that i was under the impression this was built into SP1 ... it could just take up to 15 days for vista to recognize the time stopper crack and\or the BIOS hack.

BUT i was thinking the same thing, or even like with xp where with a illegal copy they could just choose the updates they installed, couldn't they just choose not to install that part of the updates? ...either that or they could just run a "vanilla" vista.

Bearclaw
03-25-08, 07:31 PM
What the heck is a "vanilla vista?"

ViN86
03-25-08, 07:32 PM
so now they just have a popup if it's not activated? so can you still play games and stuff?

pfft, for most enthusiasts that dont care about how their desktop looks or any of that crap, i bet they would just run an unactivated copy of Vista lol.

ATOJAR
03-25-08, 07:32 PM
What the heck is a "vanilla vista?"

A fresh vista with no updates\SP's ect!? :o

nekrosoft13
03-25-08, 07:50 PM
By reading that i was under the impression this was built into SP1 ... it could just take up to 15 days for vista to recognize the time stopper crack and\or the BIOS hack.

this is not build in SP1, its one of the updates that is required to be installed prior sp1

dxx
03-25-08, 08:25 PM
It's kinda funny how Microsoft is making piracy so much easier under Vista than it's been under XP since the FCKGW-days. I wonder how much of it is intended to draw back Linux punters, as well as those that have, or are thinking of moving to the Apple camp.

crainger
03-25-08, 09:21 PM
Are you saying Linux users are all dirty no good pirates? That's not very nice dxx. ::nono::

K007
03-26-08, 03:18 AM
They WILL always find a way.

This is like saying Kane is dead....

dxx
03-26-08, 06:40 AM
Are you saying Linux users are all dirty no good pirates? That's not very nice dxx. ::nono::

They're people that willingly diminish their own user experience in favour of saving a small amount of money. The mentality is the same as that of a pirate's.

diamonddave
03-26-08, 07:43 AM
They're people that willingly diminish their own user experience in favour of saving a small amount of money. The mentality is the same as that of a pirate's.

haha yea, linux is only useful for email / surfing boxes. Being a gamer myself I've install a few different distros. Linux is like the MS Paint of OSes. It feels like it's a toy version of an OS. :afro:

dxx
03-26-08, 07:56 AM
haha yea, linux is only useful for email / surfing boxes. Being a gamer myself I've install a few different distros. Linux is like the MS Paint of OSes. It feels like it's a toy version of an OS. :afro:

Innit.

I'm a musician as well as a gamer, and I too have tried installing a various distros when they're released and there's all that buzz about how amazing they are. It always feels the exact same - the sense of anticipation, trepidation and almost danger as it installs, knowing it might fail at any second (or it might not, and unleash all sorts of technological wonders on your tattered old PC), the euphoric excitement upon the completion of the installation of this shiny new toy, the "Oh god, it works! It'a amazing!" buzz from seeing the familiar face of Firefox and your favourite website in the unfamiliar new environment, and then, about fifteen seconds later, the feeling of being utterly bored, as you rack your brain thinking, "Okay, what can I do with it now?", followed a minute or so spent thinking of all your favourite apps, bookended with "Oh, nothing", and the crushing realisation that you might as well have stuck with Windows all along, because Linux doesn't run anything other than OpenOffice, Firefox, and a really sh*tty OpenGL game called TuxRacer. It doesn't even run itself especially well.

People that build a PC for $1000 and then skimp $100 on an OEM copy of Windows for it to make it even half-usable are epic failures.

diamonddave
03-26-08, 10:30 AM
It always feels the exact same - the sense of anticipation, trepidation and almost danger as it installs, knowing it might fail at any second (or it might not, and unleash all sorts of technological wonders on your tattered old PC), the euphoric excitement upon the completion of the installation of this shiny new toy, the "Oh god, it works! It'a amazing!" buzz from seeing the familiar face of Firefox and your favourite website in the unfamiliar new environment, and then, about fifteen seconds later, the feeling of being utterly bored, as you rack your brain thinking, "Okay, what can I do with it now?", followed a minute or so spent thinking of all your favourite apps, bookended with "Oh, nothing", and the crushing realisation that you might as well have stuck with Windows all along, because Linux doesn't run anything other than OpenOffice, Firefox, and a really sh*tty OpenGL game called TuxRacer.

I'm with you 110% here. Been there done there many times now. :cool:

hell_of_doom227
03-26-08, 04:38 PM
Linux sucks and it should be buried forever.

Mr Bigman
03-26-08, 07:33 PM
Only bad thing with linux is, when it crashes or doesn't start cuz of Xserver not loading, you have to know scrpting to get it back up.

crainger
03-26-08, 07:49 PM
Poor Linux. It can be quite powerful in the right hands.

You guys all have the wrong hands. Except for dxx. He has some nice soft hands.

ClosetFanBoy
03-26-08, 08:08 PM

Who ever said us Linux guys use our hands? :p

crainger
03-26-08, 08:18 PM
::rofl:

grey_1
03-26-08, 09:09 PM
Who ever said us Linux guys use our hands? :p
:D

grey_1
03-26-08, 09:11 PM
There's help for that inferiority complex of yours. Doesn't cost much either.

ViN86
03-27-08, 12:13 AM
Linux sucks and it should be buried forever.
i doubt youve ever used it.

from my experience, those who hate have either never run it or dont have enough patience to learn it.

"zOMG i7 d0e5n7 4c7 x4c7lee l1k3 w1nd0ze?? l1nux 15 t3h gh3y!!!!"

:|

Wolfhound
03-27-08, 04:13 AM

I have very soft hands, and linux hasnīt failed me in years, only buggy nvidia drivers, on my old fileserver (AMD64 3000, 1Gig RAM, Geforce 6800, tons of disk space), it still has gentoo 2006.0 with latest kernel and compiz :) and it servers for more that firefox and openoffice...

crainger
03-27-08, 05:16 AM
I use Firefox and Open Office.

I am l33t Linuxoz userz. ::D: