PDA

View Full Version : Take Two Rejects EA's takeover proposal

evox
03-26-08, 09:46 AM
The Board of Directors of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ:TTWO) today announced that it has thoroughly reviewed Electronic Arts Inc.’s (NASDAQ: ERTS; “EA”) unsolicited conditional tender offer with the assistance of its financial and legal advisors and unanimously determined that the $26.00 per share cash offer is inadequate in multiple respects and contrary to the best interests of Take-Two’s stockholders. Accordingly, the Board recommends that stockholders not tender any of their shares to EA. The basis for the Board’s unanimous decision is set forth in Take-Two’s Schedule 14D-9 filed today with the Securities and Exchange Commission.

http://www.businesswire.com/portal/site/home/index.jsp?epi-content=GENERIC&newsId=20080326005480&ndmHsc=v2*A1203944400000*B1206558498000*DgroupByDa te*J2*L1*N1000837*Zvideo%20game&newsLang=en&beanID=202776713&viewID=news_view

Thingding
03-26-08, 10:13 AM
Resist! Fight the good fight!

Madpistol
03-26-08, 01:56 PM
Take it Two da man! :D

LordJuanlo
03-26-08, 02:00 PM
I hope they remain free

AngelGraves13
03-26-08, 02:45 PM
Fight the Future!

Zelda_fan
03-26-08, 04:02 PM
Do you honestly think Take Two cares about "fighting the good fight?" (which is a load of crap if you ask me) They are a business. They will base whatever decision they make on money.

nemecb
03-26-08, 04:05 PM
It sounds highly unlikely that this isn't going to happen at some point, but it will probably be after MGS4 releases if Take Two gets their way.

XDanger
03-26-08, 04:16 PM
"EA’s Offer price is inadequate"

EA are like the ****ing borg

BioHazZarD
03-26-08, 04:49 PM
Why dont they tell ea to take their offer and stuff somewhere where it belongs..

Ayepecks
03-26-08, 09:07 PM
I don't really care either way. You all can whine about how EA's evil all you want, but they still keep making good games. Same with Take Two.

I don't see why the two combining would be bad. It's not like Take Two's good properties (Bioshock, GTA, etc) are going to stop production for no reason. They sell amazingly well and get great ratings. Nothing's going to change, IMO.

DeusGear
03-26-08, 09:12 PM
I don't really care either way. You all can whine about how EA's evil all you want, but they still keep making good games. Same with Take Two.

I don't see why the two combining would be bad. It's not like Take Two's good properties (Bioshock, GTA, etc) are going to stop production for no reason. They sell amazingly well and get great ratings. Nothing's going to change, IMO.
EA makes good games? HUH?

grey_1
03-26-08, 09:46 PM
Why dont they tell ea to take their offer and stuff somewhere where it belongs..
Burning bridges isn't good business practice.

Ayepecks
03-26-08, 10:01 PM
EA makes good games? HUH?
Oh my goodness, not this again. I already addressed in another thread the good series they make. Furthermore, recent statistics from Joystiq showed that EA actually had some of the better reviewed games as far as publishers go.

SH64
03-26-08, 10:08 PM
Take it Two da man! :D
:cool:

Ninja Prime
03-26-08, 11:20 PM
It doesnt matter now, EA has already started buying up private investor stock, hostile takeover incoming.

XDanger
03-27-08, 10:19 PM

I cant believe EA's ownership of Take Two wont have a negative effect on the output of Rockstar.

But if it hastens the arrival of GTAIV to pc then **** em.

sharvin
03-27-08, 11:07 PM

The game series were better before EA took them over, EA just cares about profit if you can leave out X to gain a certain amount of $ they won't think twice. Profit first, gameplay, graphics, story etc. second.

Ayepecks
03-28-08, 01:10 AM
I cant believe EA's ownership of Take Two wont have a negative effect on the output of Rockstar.

Yeah, because EA blocked Mass Effect coming to the PC, right?

What has EA exactly done to hinder PC gamers? They published The Orange Box in its physical format. Published Crysis, a PC-only game. Sounds like they're doing right to me :)

@ Sharvin: "The game series were better before EA took them over, EA just cares about profit if you can leave out X to gain a certain amount of $ they won't think twice. Profit first, gameplay, graphics, story etc. second."
Um, they're a business. Any business that tells you they're not trying to make money, unless they're a non-profit, is lying, and you should trust them far less than EA.

Severian126
03-28-08, 01:22 AM
The only thing I'm concerned about is 2K Sports franchise, notably the NBA 2K series. I prefer it over Live, so I'm not quite sure what will happen if EA takes over and eliminates their biggest sports competition (so to speak). I don't look forward to having only NBA Live and EA's sports offering with ZERO competition.

sytaylor
03-28-08, 10:35 AM

Exactly, they just want GTA profits. They don't want anything else.

I wouldn't mind if SEGA started throwing some cash around to block a few of these and just become the publisher and let the software houses continue to do their good work.

Thingding
03-28-08, 10:59 AM
C&C3 = good engine, polished, long.
NFS MW = good engine, polished, long.

there, i just paid EA two compliments.

let's not mention all the bad ones.

nemecb
03-28-08, 11:35 AM
From the context of your post I assume you meant "hinders"...

nekrosoft13
03-28-08, 11:41 AM
The only thing I'm concerned about is 2K Sports franchise, notably the NBA 2K series. I prefer it over Live, so I'm not quite sure what will happen if EA takes over and eliminates their biggest sports competition (so to speak). I don't look forward to having only NBA Live and EA's sports offering with ZERO competition.

all EA Sports games are horrible, all they do every year is add one number to the title, change rosters, and keep porting over same old PS2 ports to PC

****ING BASTARDS

sharvin
03-29-08, 08:36 AM
all EA Sports games are horrible, all they do every year is add one number to the title, change rosters, and keep porting over same old PS2 ports to PC

****ING BASTARDS

No they have heard PC gamers plea and have decided to stop doing ps2 ports and instead port from Atari.

shabby
03-29-08, 10:22 AM
No they have heard PC gamers plea and have decided to stop doing ps2 ports and instead port from Atari.

Finally!

http://www.atariprotos.com/7800/software/touchdown/football_4.png