PDA

View Full Version : Games That Were?

Pages : [1] 2

Mr Bigman
03-26-08, 11:18 PM
What game did you read about and hear so much hype about that you thought was so great until....

You get that game, install it, play it, and realize that it sucked or wasn't what you thought.

The one game i thought that was end all be all was UT3 until i ran it for awhile and went:

This isn't what i was hearing or reading about for the last 3 years.

So what titles did you guys get hyped up on and realized they sucked?

|MaguS|
03-26-08, 11:31 PM
Doom 3, STALKER, WarHammer Online, LOTR:O and UT3.

Mr Bigman
03-26-08, 11:32 PM
Why did you dislike Doom3?

|MaguS|
03-26-08, 11:33 PM
It didn't feel like Doom at all...

Mr Bigman
03-26-08, 11:36 PM
Was different.

Didn't feel the same as the originals either.

Check the classic doom3 mod.

ChaoticNick
03-26-08, 11:37 PM
STALKER. Not a bad game, but it was quite a bit different than what I thought, and buggy too. I suppose I was expecting more of an Oblivion kind of experience.

a12ctic
03-26-08, 11:58 PM
STALKER. Not a bad game, but it was quite a bit different than what I thought, and buggy too. I suppose I was expecting more of an Oblivion kind of experience.

hmm, I've just gotten the chance to play through this game. I thought it was excellent. One of the better games I've played for sure. And IDK about previous patches but I don't think 1.0005 has crashed once on me, actually, I blue screened when I had my ~2.6ghz OC (works flawlessy in linux, shakey in windowS) but when I downclocked it abit it never did it again.

NarcissistZero
03-27-08, 12:26 AM
Doom 3 was a lot different from Doom, but was still a great game... don't know why people bash it. STALKER is brilliant.

I'll go way back and say King's Quest VII. After the awesome VI it was just lame all over with a bad lead character(s) and crappy enviornments save one.

More recently, Quake Wars I guess... much less epic than I thought it would be. Also Splinter Cell: Double Agent which while not bad a game was crap compared to Chaos Theory, and ran like crap on PC.

SLippe
03-27-08, 12:36 AM
Pacman on the Atari 2600.

Lazaredz
03-27-08, 01:08 AM
Pacman on the Atari 2600.

Biggest letdown EVAR!!!!

Ultima IX (just when we though 8 was as bad as it got).

crainger
03-27-08, 01:18 AM
STALKER is a brilliant game. Anyone who says it is a let down is a merwang loving jetpack wearing lamb lover.

Biggest letdown for me?? Halo 3 easily...

SH64
03-27-08, 02:07 AM
Bioshock & ET:QW.

LordJuanlo
03-27-08, 03:48 AM
Every Halo game, Kane & Lynch, Soldier of Fortune 3

Bokishi
03-27-08, 04:03 AM
Kane & Lynch, STALKER and some others I'll post later

SLippe
03-27-08, 04:39 AM
Rainbow Six: Raven Shield

Thingding
03-27-08, 05:14 AM
2007 for me was pro street.

I loved most wanted. loved it hard. didn't mind carbon since it was basically an expansion pack.

but pro street was just wrong. :(

EDIT: Oh and Hellgate. Can't forget Hellgate.

Revs
03-27-08, 05:29 AM
FEAR. Not the worst game i've ever played, but one of the dullest second halfs. I finished it but I had a job keeping my eyes open.

Agreed on Halo 3. Still not finished it.

crainger
03-27-08, 06:01 AM
I forced myself to finish Halo 3. I paid enough for it. Even attended the mightnight launch. Mainly because my mate at EB asked me too.

Probably trade it in on a GTA4 pre order...

Thingding
03-27-08, 06:23 AM
I heard GTA4 was only 30fps.

Call me a snob but that's not good enough!!

crainger
03-27-08, 06:26 AM
With 16AF I heard you were bearly making 20FPS!

That's not good enough vim.

Thingding
03-27-08, 06:33 AM
Hmm you're right. Might quit gaming and play with marbles. The plot is rubbish but the frame rate is amazing.

crainger
03-27-08, 06:40 AM
::rofl:

Also ::rofl: at the way I spelt barely...

SeriTonin
03-27-08, 09:37 AM
Unreal Tournament 3, biggest disappointment in years, especially after readin the developers blame the pc community rather than themsevles, for just making a really bad game.

Logical
03-27-08, 11:54 AM
The biggest disapointment for me was MoH:Airborne....

EA had hyped it up soo much and i was a keen lover of the original mohaa, i couldn't wait to get my hands on it. I even built a clan for the game prior to its release, had the servers on order, website all paid for etc.

I got the game on day of release and was horrified at the lack of attraction moh:a had towards clans...no dedi server support, no obj gametype, awfull ingame menu's, awfull ingame server browser....everything about MoH:Airborne stunk badly of console and i now use my disc as a drinks coaster.

Thank god CoD4 came out weeks later to totally pwn moh:airborne every way possible and for my clan to have an awesome game to play.

Upyours EA, upyours blackhataa, upyours pmoh.....the game is pathetic :D

mullet
03-27-08, 12:17 PM
Unreal Tournament 3, biggest disappointment in years, especially after readin the developers blame the pc community rather than themsevles, for just making a really bad game.

+1