03-27-08, 03:03 AM
http://www.solwayuk.adsl24.co.uk/blog/

BioHazZarD
03-27-08, 04:03 AM
Wow if thats not fake then this game will be huuuuge :D

crainger
03-27-08, 05:11 AM
I've seen bigger.

Looks like they have toned it down compared to SA. Offer a more focused location. Looks around Crackdown size actually.

Thingding
03-27-08, 05:39 AM
From the looks of it, their manhattan is smaller that the one in Spiderman 3, which in itself was at least four times smaller than the real thing.

I wonder how it'll compare to Prototype and Hulk, and which one has the biggest p****.

crainger
03-27-08, 05:45 AM
biggest what?! ::lol::

sytaylor
03-27-08, 06:37 AM
I've seen bigger.

Looks like they have toned it down compared to SA. Offer a more focused location. Looks around Crackdown size actually.

Crackdown was HUGE, it just didn't have massive highways to nowhere like SA did.

Bman212121
03-27-08, 09:16 AM
I've seen bigger.

Actually, first look at that map it looks exactly like Vice City with one more island at the top of the map. I'm guessing it will be slightly bigger than VC was. As long as the map is layout out well this will be sweet. SA can almost be too big for MP because it will take forever to find someone who's on the otherside of the map.

Peoples-Agent
03-27-08, 10:45 AM
Can't wait!! Changed my order from the 360 version to the PS3 version last week, mostly because of the free MP.

Shame the PSN isn't no where near as good yet. :(

It's all about the single player for me though, i'm actually buying a PS3 the weekend this comes out so i'm hoping some sort of info with regards to version performance is leaked.

Likely to be better frames rate on 360, visually crisper on the PS3 or something there abouts.

Still got it pre-ordered for the 360 and yet to find a reason to change that.

S.I.N
03-27-08, 12:11 PM
Crackdown was HUGE, it just didn't have massive highways to nowhere like SA did.

Whats amazing in SA is that all those highways and bridges led to something. It all like a real city especially if you have been to California.

Destroy
03-27-08, 02:06 PM
After playing Test Drive Unlimited for 4 weeks now, this GTA4 map looks to be very small in area. That is disappointing. :thumbdwn:

|MaguS|
03-27-08, 02:13 PM
People who complain about the maps size don't realize that the game is rumored to have many inside locations aswell...

PA: Why would you automatically think the PS3 would have worse performance? Recently many titles have been equal on each platform... with little differences.

Mr_LoL
03-27-08, 02:31 PM
After playing Test Drive Unlimited for 4 weeks now, this GTA4 map looks to be very small in area. That is disappointing. :thumbdwn:
I would prefer it the same size as San Andreas to be honest. And why Liberty City again ffs :headexplode:

Buio
03-27-08, 02:37 PM
Looks good.

And filled with content > big empty map.

Destroy
03-27-08, 02:47 PM
And filled with content > big empty map.

Not if you like driving around a lot. Might as well have fast travel like Oblivion the map is so small.

Buio
03-27-08, 02:50 PM
Get TDU then instead :)

I know its fun driving/flying/sandboxing, but I don't consider it the primary fun part. But I guess taste differs.

slick
03-28-08, 12:53 AM
The dev team has already commented on the map size, and yes, it's confirmed that it's technically smaller than SA.

They did, however, say that there is far more stuff packed into that area than any other GTA ever, specifically when it comes to the frequency of in-door locations.

Bman212121
03-28-08, 07:42 AM
IIRC there was talks of seamless integration with walking inside and outside of buildings. I would agree that driving around might not has as much area as SA, but it also sucked when you blew up your car in the middle of nowhere and couldn't find a car to get back with.

I think they are striking a good balance so there will still be plenty of areas to explore, but still have it close enough your not so far away from everything. Also the map might be unlocked from the start, so you'll always have a lot to explore.