PDA

View Full Version : Screensaver overheat problem


bkswaney
04-30-03, 03:35 PM
Does anyone know if the newest 51 whql drivers fix this problem?
Or is it still a problem?

I like using my 3d savers. I sure hope they fix this asap.

Badash
04-30-03, 03:45 PM
I don't have this issue with my gainwards, however the PNY I had last month had this problem. It could be due to new drivers or a new Bios or both but the Gainward cards run flawless. I don't remember the bios version of the PNY so I can' compare. Using 42.68-43.03 on PNY had the problem. Using 43.45 or newer on the Gainward equals no problems.

bkswaney
04-30-03, 03:55 PM
I just tested it. It still does it.
The fan just turns off while it running and the cards temp runs sky high.

NV needs to address this quick.
Does anyone know if nvidia knows about this?
I'm going to email PNY tonight about it.

bkswaney
04-30-03, 11:43 PM
WTF is with PNY.
I cannot find 1 emails address for anykind of tech support. :mad:

jAkUp
04-30-03, 11:45 PM
yes nvidia knows about it. they said it does the same thing for them... and it runs hotter, but they said it doesnt reach the point of damaging the card. i wouldnt take their word for it though :)

bkswaney
04-30-03, 11:49 PM
That is BS. If that was ture why does it need flow fx to cool it.?
3D is 3D. Screensaver or game it does not matter.

NV needs to get there head out there ass. :mad:
My system will lock if I let the screensaver run without the fan.

jAkUp
04-30-03, 11:57 PM
yea... its really bad news... im sure nvidia will get it fixed though, i dunno when though... luckily i really dont use ss's.. but there are plenty of people who do.

i heard if you go to display, and then hit the preview button, the fan doesnt shut off for some reason:confused:

bkswaney
05-01-03, 01:15 AM
Originally posted by jAkUp
yea... its really bad news... im sure nvidia will get it fixed though, i dunno when though... luckily i really dont use ss's.. but there are plenty of people who do.

i heard if you go to display, and then hit the preview button, the fan doesnt shut off for some reason:confused:

I know. That is strange. I'm suprised more cards have not burn up before now. :wtf:
I wonder why this does not effect all 5800 ultras?
Is it only PNY?

Behemoth
05-01-03, 02:37 AM
i never have this issue with my inno3d fx 5800 non-ultra too. I have only used 43.45, 43.51 WHQL tho.
the driver works fine, my cooler's fan spins up and down whenever it should, maybe its hardware problem?

Hellbinder
05-01-03, 10:17 AM
That is BS. If that was ture why does it need flow fx to cool it.?
3D is 3D. Screensaver or game it does not matter.

NV needs to get there head out there ass.
My system will lock if I let the screensaver run without the fan.

BK, Sorry dude but it just has to be said. WTF were you thinking about?? you Traded a perfectly working 9700pro for this POS. Then you immidiately become the biggest Nvfanboi on earth. When you know damn well the card you got has FAR more serious issues.

I would not care if you had not done a complete 2 face from all the posotive things you said about the 9700pro at rage3d, then mysteriously had *problems* out of no where that you loudly yaked about over here. When the truth is you seem to have simply had a case of the Grass is greener on the other side. Well, guess what at the moment.. its not.

It is just a sad state of affairs that there are posts here actually DEFENDING and making excuses for all this BS Nvidia is pulling. While at the same time several of you like BK, make posts that Directly attack ATi and its *fanbois*...

But, i guess thats just the way things go sometimes.. Ok, Im done. this was just something i had to get off my chest.

jAkUp
05-01-03, 10:23 AM
have you ever thought for a second that he actually may LIKE his purchase? have you ever thought for a second that maybe he likes cards that actually WORK on his system? he was having problems with his radeon and his mobo... now he has no problems.

believe it or not.. the geforcefx is still faster in some cases.. (high resolutions, low aa)... so if noise and all that other stuff doesnt bother him, maybe he actually enjoys his card.

Solomon
05-01-03, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by Hellbinder
I would not care if you had not done a complete 2 face.....


Hehehe, Do you think that Bk and others needs your permission or something? Are you like Mr. ATi? It's amazing how people get so aggitated when one person switches hardware or whatever. Has it ever crossed your mind that it's their decision and not yours?

People work... People earn money... People buy things...

Every person has a right to buy whatever they want. If you don't think they made a good decision. That's entirely up to them. I wish some people would stop enforcing their fricken opinions onto others as they seem to think that their words and opinions are law.

Regards,
D. Solomon Jr.
*********.com

Behemoth
05-01-03, 12:09 PM
It is just a sad state of affairs that there are posts here actually DEFENDING and making excuses for all this BS ATI is pulling. While at the same time several of you like Hellbinder, make posts that Directly attack Nvidia and its *fanbois*...
After all I think 9700pro is a great card but it can be worse than a POS in many situations. :p

bkswaney
05-01-03, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by Hellbinder
BK, Sorry dude but it just has to be said. WTF were you thinking about?? you Traded a perfectly working 9700pro for this POS. Then you immidiately become the biggest Nvfanboi on earth. When you know damn well the card you got has FAR more serious issues.

I would not care if you had not done a complete 2 face from all the posotive things you said about the 9700pro at rage3d, then mysteriously had *problems* out of no where that you loudly yaked about over here. When the truth is you seem to have simply had a case of the Grass is greener on the other side. Well, guess what at the moment.. its not.

It is just a sad state of affairs that there are posts here actually DEFENDING and making excuses for all this BS Nvidia is pulling. While at the same time several of you like BK, make posts that Directly attack ATi and its *fanbois*...

But, i guess thats just the way things go sometimes.. Ok, Im done. this was just something i had to get off my chest.


Sorry dude but I'm FAR from a big fan.
At least I do not have crashes anymore and I'm pretty happy all but the SS thing.

Attack ATI? WTF. I'm no fan of ati or nv.
I use what ever works best for me at the time.
It seems your the one who attacks everyone who does not agree with u.
Now me... I could care less who uses what. But it seems u r loosing sleep over it.
This is like the old ford vs chevy thing. :rolleyes:

nIghtorius
05-02-03, 02:40 AM
Chevy all the way :D :D :D :D :D

bkswaney
05-02-03, 03:03 AM
Originally posted by nIghtorius
Chevy all the way :D :D :D :D :D

u got it... :D :D :D
I own ls1.com. Chevy is the only car in my book. ;)