PDA

View Full Version : What happened to the PC port of the new Turok?

SeriTonin
03-27-08, 09:33 AM
Did it get delayed? I heard it was supposed to be out this week, but I didn't see it @ best buy or gamestop. Any word on if they pulled a devil may cry 4 and delayed the thing a good 6 months to help our interest diminish?

nutcrackr
03-27-08, 09:34 AM
April 22
http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/51938

Eliminator
03-27-08, 09:37 AM
the new turok is crap anyway... i have it on 360

SeriTonin
03-27-08, 10:03 AM
April 22
http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/51938

Thanks for the heads up. I know not a lot of people loved this game, but I still have warm fuzzies for the original ported to pc back when video cards started coming into frutition. Not looking for game of the year, hopefully just a decent little adventure.

NarcissistZero
03-27-08, 03:14 PM
I played the 360 demo and actually liked it... most of the things wrong with it could be fixed on PC I think (horrible stick-aiming, bad jaggies and muddy textures).

It's not a blockbuster, but it seems like a good game.

Destroy
03-27-08, 03:27 PM
the new turok is crap anyway... i have it on 360

Agreed. Average to below average shooter at best. Dinos deserver more respect that the crap this game has provided.

|MaguS|
03-27-08, 04:06 PM
I played the 360 demo and actually liked it... most of the things wrong with it could be fixed on PC I think (horrible stick-aiming, bad jaggies and muddy textures).

It's not a blockbuster, but it seems like a good game.

A bad game is a bad game no matter what... it could have Crysis level graphics and it would still suck. Very bad map design and just the content blows. It's just not fun...

K007
03-27-08, 04:08 PM
Zeropointreview said mostly control sux.

SH64
03-27-08, 04:13 PM
I'm looking forward to it although feedback has been negative from most of the nvnews users :(
i hope we get a demo just like the consoles before actual release.

NarcissistZero
03-27-08, 04:35 PM
A bad game is a bad game no matter what... it could have Crysis level graphics and it would still suck. Very bad map design and just the content blows. It's just not fun...

Well "bad game" is opinion... as I said, I enjoyed the demo, other than the terrible stick-aiming and fuzzy UE3 textures. Mouse aiming would obviously fix problem one, and hopefully some good AF or higher settings can fix problem two.

The core game seemed really fun to me, especially after you got out of the cave. Large and open enviornments with cool soldiers and dinos together, mixing things up. I liked the knife play as well.

Burnt_Ram
03-27-08, 04:38 PM
hopefully there will be a PC demo?