PDA

View Full Version : Bye Vista :(

Pages : [1] 2

andrebrait
03-27-08, 10:01 AM
Today I had to change back to XP due to an strange incompatibility with AutoCAD...

And, I discovered something... WOW! My PC is Really ***** fast!
Sorry, i'm back to XP's fanclub now :)

I'll keep visiting this section, i wanna know about Vista's enchancements. Probably, I'll not change again till windows 7.

AthlonXP1800
03-27-08, 10:09 AM
Why not upgrade to AutoCAD 2008 which support Vista?

http://www.cadopolis.com/autocad/they-say-autocad-will-not-run-on-vista-.shtml

Vasot02
03-27-08, 10:28 AM
Today I had to change back to XP due to an strange incompatibility with AutoCAD...

I'll keep visiting this section, i wanna know about Vista's enchancements. Probably, I'll not change again till windows 7.

Welcome back :p

amk21
03-27-08, 10:42 AM
Let the war begin

VISATA FTW!!!!!!

DiscipleDOC
03-27-08, 11:08 AM
Why is this in the Driver's Section?

methimpikehoses
03-27-08, 11:12 AM

I blame fail.

BronzeGod
03-27-08, 11:20 AM
I blame fail.

Here here +1

IThinkImAGansta
03-27-08, 11:40 AM
meh... Vista ftw!!

diamonddave
03-27-08, 11:44 AM

lol, welcome, we've been waiting for you. Everyone that likes Vista should have to go back for one weekend and use XP. The rest of the Vista adopters would realize the same thing.

Wolfhound
03-27-08, 11:52 AM
lol, welcome, we've been waiting for you. Everyone that likes Vista should have to go back for one weekend and use XP. The rest of the Vista adopters would realize the same thing.

I cannot use XP 32bits, is a waste of 1Gig of RAM and XP x64 doesn't have the same support that Vista x64 has, but Vista is faster or equal than XP on my system (see sig) and for gods sake, what the heck does this post on Forceware Vista Drivers section?

IThinkImAGansta
03-27-08, 11:55 AM
I cannot use XP 32bits, is a waste of 1Gig of RAM and XP x64 doesn't have the same support that Vista x64 has, but Vista is faster or equal than XP on my system (see sig) and for gods sake, what the heck does this post on Forceware Vista Drivers section?
ya, not exactly in the right section.... But if you want to utilize 4gb of ram, Vista 4-bit is really your only viable option:)

diamonddave
03-27-08, 12:13 PM

The only good that has come from Vista x64 is that 64 bit driver support and app compatibility has definitely improved. That said, XP x64 really benefits from this. Running it here so are a few buddies we have no issues at all. The development that Vista x64 has increased has accidentally made XP x64 a really good OS now. :cool:

Revs
03-27-08, 12:17 PM

Don't aks questions, Mod. Get it moved!!!1!

:D

Oh yeah, zOMG, Vista FTmfW!!!

Richteralan
03-27-08, 12:26 PM
I used Vista for almost one year and went back to XP for a month.

With this kind of experience, I like Vista even more.
;)

DiscipleDOC
03-27-08, 12:51 PM
Don't aks questions, Mod. Get it moved!!!1!

:D

Oh yeah, zOMG, Vista FTmfW!!!
I can't 'mod' this section.

I use XP on my laptop at work, and I use vista on my gaming machine at home. I like them both. Both have their pro's and con's, and I think both still have a vantage point in certain areas.

Riptide
03-27-08, 01:00 PM
@ OP

bye

Yaboze
03-27-08, 04:33 PM
I went to Vista 32 in early 2007 then back to XP, cursing it.

I'm now running Vista Ultimate x64 with 4GB and I would never go back, it rules.

brady
03-27-08, 04:40 PM
I used Vista when I was not gaming. When I decided to get back into pc gaming it was obvious that my two machines with their 6800 and 7600 graphics cards were not going to cut it with Vista. I went back to XP. In December I put together a nice gaming rig and have since gone back to Vista. I've had a good experience with Vista. I find it easier to use, more stable, more secure, and prettier. I say Vista FTW.

WeReWoLf
03-27-08, 11:46 PM
I went Vista early 2007, used XP once after that. Fresh install but for some reason i found it sluggish and, for lack of a better word, outdated. Reinstalled Vista and haven't looked back since.

Zapablast05
03-27-08, 11:57 PM
, I'll not change again till windows 7.

Rumored release year: 2010

NaitoSan
03-28-08, 12:14 AM

Did you try SP1? It got released last week. Did you ever get to upgrade your AutoCAD? Otherwise there's no point to create a pointless thread just to say, I'm back to XP club. :rolleyes:

JaxMacFL
03-28-08, 08:18 AM
Been with vista business x64 for over a year now. Support/updates have come a llllooonnnggg wwwwaaaayyy since then. Vendors, for the most part, have gotten decent applications/drivers out the door. Just reviewing the long list of critcal/recommended vista updates, plus the sp1 release, makes me pine for a viable slipstreaming method for making a vista x64 installation backup disc. It would really cut down on a reformat/reinstall operation. Hopefully thats on the horizon. Nevertheless, vista x64 all the way.

Electronic Punk
03-28-08, 08:41 AM
Ditching Vista 32 bit here also :(

Recieved my rampage, qx9650, 8 gig of ram and two 3870X2s today.

Hello Vista 64 :o

diamonddave
03-28-08, 08:47 AM
Ditching Vista 32 bit here also :(

Recieved my rampage, qx9650, 8 gig of ram and two 3870X2s today.

Hello Vista 64 :o

I tried 8GB ram and Vista x64. Nothing used that much memory but Super Fetch and I felt like I lost so much performance using Vista (games were slower, the whole PC was kinda sluggish) that I sold the second 4GB set about 48 hours after receiving it and reformatted and installed XP 32 again. Much happier without 8GB ram and Vista. :D

Good luck though.

Electronic Punk
03-28-08, 08:52 AM
Well my old rig is 3 years old so its gonna feel faster regardless ;p