PDA

View Full Version : Lost Odyssey introduction is awesome!

EciDemon
03-28-08, 04:04 AM
Picked up the game yesterday and the introduction was awesome!

The average big scale war going on with the hero coming in and pwning everything and then seemlessly your in control! :) That was just briliant!, and made me say "WOW" out loud :D

Ive only played for a coupple of hours yet(up to the first boss, havent beat him yet) then I had to go to bed.

Man this is going to be a slow day @ work >_<

GFX looks good, quite refreshing I think, not at all as bad as I got the impression it would be. And ive not noticed any real long loading times I red about before the game release, I guess they fixed it or something.
Music has been great thus far and I can imagine it's only going to get better!

Only downside ive noticed is fps dropping a bit much and often.

NaitoSan
03-28-08, 06:15 AM
yeah it's better than i thought. i'm going to buy it when i have money. i'm surprised it's four dvd discs!

also the story from his first dream about that little dying girl nearly made me cry. :(

killahsin
03-28-08, 06:27 AM
yes its an awesome game.

elitegamer
03-28-08, 07:30 AM
My friend brought it over to my house last weekend and I must say I thought it was pretty friggin sweet! The game seems to be both very different and yet similar to the FF series if that makes any sense at all. lol.

EciDemon
03-28-08, 07:33 AM
yeah it's better than i thought. i'm going to buy it when i have money. i'm surprised it's four dvd discs!

also the story from his first dream about that little dying girl nearly made me cry. :(

Yeah that was a very sad story.

I kinda wish they spent some of that 4disc space on voice overs for those stories, I dont care much for reading such large amount of texts so close to eachother (4 or so already unlocked), yet I feel I need to take the time to read them as it's part of the character.

Just two more hours of work then I can play the whole weekend :D

crainger
03-28-08, 07:39 AM
Is there a lot of reading in this game?? ::D:

killahsin
03-28-08, 04:12 PM
no there isn't alot of reading. all the cut-scenes and story elements are voiced over. its these little side stories u get as u go through the game that u read. u can skip them but they reveal secrets and history about the characters life experiances. You do not need to read them to either understand the game or complete it. But if u do read them be prepared to feel all sorts of emotions lol

Lyme
03-30-08, 04:55 PM
How is the voice acting? Can you turn the voice to Japanese and enable subtitles?

EciDemon
03-31-08, 02:37 AM
Ive had some more time to play the game over the weekend, Damn this is a good game!
:D :D :D

Lyme>> Voice acting is quite good I must say, and there's japanese too should you like.

crainger
03-31-08, 02:47 AM
no there isn't alot of reading. all the cut-scenes and story elements are voiced over. its these little side stories u get as u go through the game that u read. u can skip them but they reveal secrets and history about the characters life experiances. You do not need to read them to either understand the game or complete it. But if u do read them be prepared to feel all sorts of emotions lol

I don't mind a bit of reading. I just hate it when you have these great DVDs and BDs and you have to sit though page after page of main story text/dialogue.

I might grab this game. The trailers always got my attention.

Toss3
03-31-08, 03:35 AM
I don't mind a bit of reading. I just hate it when you have these great DVDs and BDs and you have to sit though page after page of main story text/dialogue.

I highly recommend getting it! It's awesome and probably the best xbox360-title thus far. :) And you really don't have to read those "dreams", but they are well written and petty good, just so you know should you want to dig deeper into the story and characters.

EciDemon
03-31-08, 03:42 AM

The stories are about 10-15 minutes read, They just come very close to one another every now and then. Ive unlocked a whole bunch of them now but only fully red a few of them.

Everything else is great I think. For a JRpg, this game looks great. Animation is very nice, Battles look very cool etc. Music is awesome. Battle system (skills/magic) works well and is very simple. I tend to get a bit tired of overly complicated systems when they try to renew the genre (kind of like it has been in the FF series ever since 7). Its a bit back to basics and it works very well I think. Simply put, the game feels refreshing even though its very much an old school jrpg.

Better then both Eternal sonata and Enchanted arms.

Go buy now! ;)

NaitoSan
03-31-08, 03:55 AM
I'm not sure about anywhere else but here at Best Buy, if you buy any RPG including Lost Odessey, you get $10 gift card with it so basically you get it for $49 (only this week). Not a bad deal, I'm going to get it probably on Tuesday.

crainger
03-31-08, 05:43 AM
I highly recommend getting it! It's awesome and probably the best xbox360-title thus far. :) And you really don't have to read those "dreams", but they are well written and petty good, just so you know should you want to dig deeper into the story and characters.

Second no wait third best 360 game. Mass Effect is the best. Followed by Gears of War.

EciDemon
03-31-08, 06:29 AM
I agree, one of the best games. No1 being Mass Effect. But Mass Effect is short, very short if you skip the exploration of the deserted planets and focus only on your main missions.
In this regard Lost Odyssey is much better, much longer. But then again its a classic style Jrpg, for good and bad (mostly good Id say) :)

Makes me wanna buy a ps3 for FFXIII

Toss3
03-31-08, 08:35 AM
Second no wait third best 360 game. Mass Effect is the best. Followed by Gears of War.
Never got into Mass Effect :-/ Don't know why, maybe I just need to play it some more. But isn't it coming to PC soon(would solve some of 'em framerate problems the xbox360 version suffers from)?

Stoneyguy
03-31-08, 01:33 PM
I'm currently struggling to get my 1000 achievement points out of this game. The treasure trove achievement is insanely hard.

Toss3
03-31-08, 02:48 PM
I'm currently struggling to get my 1000 achievement points out of this game. The treasure trove achievement is insanely hard.
Hmm just follow a guide? Didn't take me more than a couple of days to finish. The only thing you need to remember is that you can't pick up a treasure if your inventory is full(the treasure will be put back in the exact same spot, but you won't get the achievement)!

crainger
03-31-08, 04:04 PM
Never got into Mass Effect :-/ Don't know why, maybe I just need to play it some more. But isn't it coming to PC soon(would solve some of 'em framerate problems the xbox360 version suffers from)?

You don't choose to like Mass Effect, it chooses you. I'm sorry to say you didn't meet the requirements. Maybe you should work out a little bit more. Maybe help some grandmas cross the street.

Toss3
03-31-08, 04:25 PM
You don't choose to like Mass Effect, it chooses you. I'm sorry to say you didn't meet the requirements. Maybe you should work out a little bit more. Maybe help some grandmas cross the street.
I'm already working out with grandmas(:naughty:) and I still don't qualify... :(

crainger
03-31-08, 08:10 PM
Double you efforts then.

Lyme
04-01-08, 03:16 PM
Ive had some more time to play the game over the weekend, Damn this is a good game!
:D :D :D

Lyme>> Voice acting is quite good I must say, and there's japanese too should you like.

Thanks for the info. I'll likely pick this one up as my next purchase (still working through my backlog).

NaitoSan
04-16-08, 01:27 AM
I got it and had been playing in past few days. Man, it's so good! I'm on 2nd disc (I tend to explore every corners to get all items, side quests, and whatnot) Those dreams are pretty emotional and even at one point I dropped some tears. :(

They're very well written and overall, it's really fun and some parts' just too funny (in good way). Reminds me a lot of old Final Fantasy games. I can't wait for next game from same team.

BTW, Kaim owns!

1337_Like_ThaT
04-16-08, 02:33 AM
For you Lost Odyssey players:

I have a Pre-order Bonus Code Card that unlocks "a new mission in Lost Odyssey, plus an exclusive in-game weapon" from description of the card. If any of you want this, just shoot me over a PM and I'll gladly email you the code for free, I believe you activate it online from the game menu to access the bonus content. I have no use for it since I dont own the game

http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/252/cd8d1tr6.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

1337_Like_ThaT
04-16-08, 03:00 AM
NaitoSan Snagged it. Enjoy it :)