PDA

View Full Version : nvidia control panel slow to open up....

josiahsuarez
03-28-08, 04:13 AM
when I right click the desktop and go to nvidia control panel, it takes 10 to 12 seconds to open up :(

maybe I'm being oversensitive but this seems very slow to me. is this normal?

I'm running windows XP pro SP2
Q6600
2GB RAM
9600GT

K007
03-28-08, 05:36 AM
Do you..by any chance have Java installed?

diamonddave
03-28-08, 08:44 AM
when I right click the desktop and go to nvidia control panel, it takes 10 to 12 seconds to open up :(

maybe I'm being oversensitive but this seems very slow to me. is this normal?

I'm running windows XP pro SP2
Q6600
2GB RAM
9600GT

The last few sets are doing this. I dont know exact time but it does take a few seconds to open now.

josiahsuarez
03-28-08, 04:45 PM
Do you..by any chance have Java installed?

yes, but I don't get any Java processes starting when I open it. just nvcplui.exe

t3hl33td4rg0n
04-04-08, 06:49 PM
Yeah, I've noticed the same thing. It can be a bit annoying.

K007
04-04-08, 07:25 PM
yes, but I don't get any Java processes starting when I open it. just nvcplui.exe

Try uninstalling it and try again. I kid you not..the thing took AGGGESSS for me as well, i uninstalled java for another reason..and wth...nvcp loads up instantly. I was forced to use nhancer before.

Tikimotel
04-05-08, 04:17 AM
Some screens / pages take a longer time to initialize and the last position is remembered when opening the control panel.
Have you tried, closing the control panel on a different screen, the video and television settings page for example. And then opening the control panel again.

Stevedroid
04-05-08, 05:44 PM
When it opens up, what page is it on?

The new Manage 3D Settings page has a feature where it scans your hard drive and will optionally only show games you have installed. This scanning takes a while and, at least in my case, it seems to rescan every time I open the control panel - if I l leave it Manage 3D settings that is.

You can get around this by selecting some other page before you close the panel - adjust color settings for example. It should open nice and fast then, but of course if you're going into the control panel to change the 3D settings anyway, you'll still have to wait for the scan after you select the page.

Hopefully they'll change this in future drivers so that it will only scan when you want it it to instead of all the time.

zarlaan
05-27-08, 07:37 PM
In my past experiences I've found the problem to be left over .dll files. Try making sure you use something like drivecleaner or some other program that removes everything tied to the drivers even registry settings.

Quick420
05-28-08, 08:02 AM
Try uninstalling it and try again. I kid you not..the thing took AGGGESSS for me as well, i uninstalled java for another reason..and wth...nvcp loads up instantly. I was forced to use nhancer before.

I will try this for sure,I've been forced to use 171.17 because the cp wont seem to work correctly on anything newer.I was stuck using nhancer as well.:(