PDA

View Full Version : Is bubble wrap an anti-static material?

Luminescent
04-30-03, 06:06 PM
I just needed to know whether or not I could place pci cards or computer components, temporarily, on a bubble wrap base.

If it isn't anti-static, it will conduct static electricity if I rub it against any sort of computer component?

styles-T
05-01-03, 06:44 PM
I think the pink colored bubble wrap is anti-static..the see through clear colored isnt..

not 100% on this..

CaptNKILL
05-01-03, 08:36 PM
I prefer large pieces of colored foam for packaging.... if you buy parts like I do, you'll be able to fill a bed with the stuff in about a year.

Although large bubblewrap is fun too....

"oo! My new mobo is here!"
*opens box*
"ooo! bubblewrap!"
*SNAP*
"hahahaah!"
*SNAP*SNAP*
"WEEE!!!!!"
*SNAP*SNAP*SNAP*

SnakeEyes
05-02-03, 08:04 AM
Originally posted by CaptNKILL
I prefer large pieces of colored foam for packaging.... if you buy parts like I do, you'll be able to fill a bed with the stuff in about a year.

Although large bubblewrap is fun too....

"oo! My new mobo is here!"
*opens box*
"ooo! bubblewrap!"
*SNAP*
"hahahaah!"
*SNAP*SNAP*
"WEEE!!!!!"
*SNAP*SNAP*SNAP*

I got yelled at by my wife just last week for that very thing! :D
I was trying to teach my 18 month old son the joys of bubble wrap though. :angel2:

(The bubble wrap that I usually see with my PC hardware orders is the stuff with bubbles that are like 1/2 inch or so in size, vs. the tiny 1/4 or smaller bubbles I remember popping when I was a kid. Oh well, both are addictive for some screwy reason. :p)

CaptNKILL
05-02-03, 02:14 PM
One time, we had a HUGE sheet (probably 3 feet by 5 feet) of this MEGA bubble wrap! The bubble had to be about 2 inches in diameter. When you popped them it was actually LOUD. It sounded like a .22 rifle going off ;)

I wish I knew were to get this stuff, it was kinda funny sneaking up on my dog and blowing up a few of these things :firedevil