PDA

View Full Version : Paramount To Get Into Video Game Publishing

evox
03-28-08, 12:10 PM
Get ready for Paramount the videogame publisher.

The studio has expanded its interactive department team and is putting together a slate of games that it will partially or completely finance and for which it will more directly oversee development. Games will be based either on new Par films or catalog titles.

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1117983059.html?categoryid=1009&cs=1

:|

nekrosoft13
03-28-08, 12:36 PM
not sure what to think of this, games based on new and or old movies. Probably 6 month development time and low budget.

spirited1
03-28-08, 12:38 PM
Oh great, I was only saying to a friend the other day "i wish there was more ****e film tie in games, im so sick of games like bioshock, mass effect, lost odyssey and cod4. what i'd really like is a really poor version of sweeney todd the musical"

Seriously, eat a bag of hell Paramount.

evox
03-28-08, 12:38 PM
Seriously, eat a bag of hell Paramount.
Ahahaha, bag of hell? lol :rofl

|MaguS|
03-28-08, 12:39 PM
This could help the other way around aswell. More games can be made into movies and properly funded if the movie industry really starts to see the money that is in the game industry. It might stop Uwe Boll!

Fuku2
03-28-08, 01:38 PM
Legacy Of Kain: Soul Reaver :beer:

Gaco
03-28-08, 01:39 PM
Quality is assured to be low..

sytaylor
03-28-08, 01:52 PM
"Oh look, the gaming industry is growing, thats a segment we should be in, lets rush in and try and make a quick buck. All those in favour say Aye".

*Chorus of Aye*

Then its settled, blatant misuse of our franchises it is.

Bearclaw
03-28-08, 02:05 PM
This can't be good. It will be a short production for the games and the final outcome will be crap.

|MaguS|
03-28-08, 02:09 PM
so dont buy the games... doesnt affect you in anyway.

Gaco
03-28-08, 02:17 PM
It can damage and stupify the industry we all care about. Games are still a long way from being broadly accepted as the awesome superior media it is and moves like this doesn't quite help it along..

sytaylor
03-28-08, 02:55 PM

Thats one of those "If you don't like it, don't talk about it" things.

In effect its a very dumb statement. Don't express your distaste at something because it doesn't affect you directly. Neither do most of the things I comment or think about...

Very dumb statement which just is not applicable to pretty much any situation.

3DBrad
03-28-08, 04:10 PM
This isn't a bad thing.

More people in this industry, the more competition, the better it gets.

Gaco
03-30-08, 06:32 AM
This isn't a bad thing.

More people in this industry, the more competition, the better it gets.
Today there should be more competition than ever and games should be of generally higher quality than ever. This is not the case.

3DBrad
03-30-08, 10:23 AM
In what are games today not high quality?

|MaguS|
03-30-08, 11:03 AM
Crysis :p

3DBrad
03-30-08, 01:27 PM
Crysis :p

Ummm, no. :p

Games you can't just make on a whim over a few months along in your basement or garage.

They're a whole lot more complex.

You'd think 3d movies were "buggy" if you could move around them in real time. :p

Gaco
03-30-08, 05:34 PM
Are you saying that more good games, really good videogame that makes instant classics are more abundant now than, say, in the late 90's? I guess we are living in two different worlds then...

3DBrad
03-30-08, 08:32 PM
Are you saying that more good games, really good videogame that makes instant classics are more abundant now than, say, in the late 90's? I guess we are living in two different worlds then...

I liked Goldeneye on the N64, but that doesn't mean I still want to play it, I liked Duck Hunt on the NES, but that doesn't mean I want to play it much, I liked Ken Griffy Jr. baseball on the SNES, but that doesn't mean I still want to play it.

I'm sure Portal/TF2, and several other games will be iconic of this time in history, just like the earlier games were.