PDA

View Full Version : Is Rivatuner still the better option?

Pages : [1] 2

newls1
03-28-08, 12:42 PM
Trying to OC my 1st nvidia card in over 6-7 months. Back then I used Rivatuner, is this still the better program?

DRen72
03-28-08, 05:26 PM
http://www.gainward.com/support/support_uk.html

Download ExperTool 6.1 (080131)

Eliminator
03-28-08, 05:41 PM
yea rivatuner is still the way to go

therapture
03-30-08, 07:41 PM
RT works great here on both my 8800GT and 8800GTS......(nana2)

Once I finalize my overclock and fan speed ramps...I flash that sucker with a new modded BIOS....easy as pie.

Richteralan
04-01-08, 04:23 PM
No.
And unless the author of rivatuner change his attitude I don't think it's the tool to get.
Because since G9x there's no onboard oscillator that generate standard 27Mhz frequency for the both core and memory.
Instead of it, NVIDIA now uses 1/4 PCIe frequency, = 25MHz as the base frequency.

Because of this, Rivatuner shows up wrong Core/Memory frequency for my G92 8800M GTS.
It's impossible for me to use it as OC tool.

I'm back using ntune instead.

So as I said, unless the author change his negative attitude toward this, I don't think rivatuner will be any useful for G9x core boards.

Unwinder
04-02-08, 09:57 AM
No.
And unless the author of rivatuner change his attitude I don't think it's the tool to get.

Bravo NVNews, you keep surprizing me more and more guys. That's not my attitude, that's your total misunderstanding of hardware. There is noithing related to G9x clocking, RT simply never declared mobile chips support and never will, I never declare support for hardware I don't have installed and cannot test myself. Plain and simple.
And if I were not stupid enough to share my G94 clocking investigation results with Techpowerup, guys like you misunderstanding the basics won't even know about it and won't have a single chace to blame RT.

Because since G9x there's no onboard oscillator that generate standard 27Mhz frequency for the both core and memory.

Lie. Do your homework and educate yourself please. There is 27MHz crystal on any desktop G9x card. It is used for memory clock generation on all G9x desktop cards, and it is also used for core clock generation on G92 cards including latest 9800 series. The only desktop cards using PCI-E derived reference clock for core are 9600GT series.

Shocky
04-02-08, 10:19 AM
Bravo NVNews.

So you blame a whole community for the opinion of one user? .. interesting.

LovingSticky
04-02-08, 10:23 AM
I installed nTune on my Intel X38 / Vista x64 system, and it works great for 9800GX2 OC (to 680/2200). Rivatuner was complaining about unsigned drivers..

Richteralan
04-02-08, 11:08 AM
Bravo NVNews, you keep surprizing me more and more guys. That's not my attitude, that's your total misunderstanding of hardware. There is noithing related to G9x clocking, RT simply never declared mobile chips support and never will, I never declare support for hardware I don't have installed and cannot test myself. Plain and simple.
And if I were not stupid enough to share my G94 clocking investigation results with Techpowerup, guys like you misunderstanding the basics won't even know about it and won't have a single chace to blame RT.

Lie. Do your homework and educate yourself please. There is 27MHz crystal on any desktop G9x card. It is used for memory clock generation on all G9x desktop cards, and it is also used for core clock generation on G92 cards including latest 9800 series. The only desktop cards using PCI-E derived reference clock for core are 9600GT series.
Yes yes Unwinder, as usual.
You are the boss;)
And please don't get personal. It's just my opinion and my experience.
There's NO NEED to stereotype or "generalize" Nvnews forum members/board. As I don't think I have such influence power that I represent this whole board.

I can use your Rivatuner with my Geforce Go 7900GS WITHOUT any problem before.
But now with my 8800M GTS and wrong clock frequency, I simply cannot use it anymore.

Whatever reason;) it is, I'm just stating my fact that with my current configuration, I cannot recommend Rivatuner.

I greatly appreciate your great work before, but now for me, I have to look for something else.:)

WeReWoLf
04-02-08, 11:02 PM
Rivatuner still works perfect for me. I still use it, because various other soutions don't work with future drivers properly, whereas rivatuner does.

jcrox
04-06-08, 11:29 PM
I'm ditching RivaTuner, too much of a pain with Vista x64

JaxMacFL
04-07-08, 08:13 AM
I use rt and have no problems with it and vista x64 at all. Works as advertised. I get it from guru3d and include the updates when prompted. I don't include punkbuster choice since I don't use it.

nekrosoft13
04-07-08, 08:52 AM

yes, installing can be so hard :headexplode:

mailman2
04-07-08, 09:04 AM
No.
So as I said, unless the author change his negative attitude toward this, I don't think rivatuner will be any useful for G9x core boards.

I agree, then he comes in and backs this statement up LOL. Crazy.

Unwinder
04-07-08, 10:10 AM

Which statement? The one about my "attitude" to G9x clocking due to which RT is useless for G9x, which is in fact Richteralan's misunderstanding of lack of mobile chips support in RT?
Thanks for backing up my comment about understaning level of modern NVNews community. I really miss old good time when there were educated guys like ChrisRay, especially seeing modern forum and conroejoe-like persons posting LOL's and similar smart replies instead of reading the text they comment. Bravo one more time.

Richteralan
04-07-08, 11:16 AM
Rivatuner included certified driver for Vista X64.....
why is it too much of a pain?:headexplode:

Richteralan
04-07-08, 11:19 AM
I really don't understand why this whole clock frequency stuff became another NVIDIA bashing news.

From the preliminary TPU's article and till now :lol:

But one thing is sure: NVIDIA will implement this into future Geforce 9 series cards.

Viventis
04-07-08, 01:48 PM

Rivatuner will not autoload at startup in Vista64 without jumping through a lot of hoops.

nekrosoft13
04-07-08, 02:09 PM
Rivatuner will not autoload at startup in Vista64 without jumping through a lot of hoops.

wrong, it will autoload just fine

JaxMacFL
04-07-08, 03:04 PM
Like with fan and/or oc settings you just check the apply at windows startup boxes and click on the 'Apply' button in the lower right hand corner. Piece of cake.

Sycario
04-07-08, 03:06 PM
Which statement? The one about my "attitude" to G9x clocking due to which RT is useless for G9x, which is in fact Richteralan's misunderstanding of lack of mobile chips support in RT?
Thanks for backing up my comment about understaning level of modern NVNews community. I really miss old good time when there were educated guys like ChrisRay, especially seeing modern forum and conroejoe-like persons posting LOL's and similar smart replies instead of reading the text they comment. Bravo one more time.

Everytime I read one of your posts it's always so defensive and hostile. I think you need to relax a bit and not take things so personally.

I'm not quite sure how 1 or 2 people represent the whole NVNews community. I've been around here for over 3 years and have seen a lot. Most of the changes recently have not been for the better but that really isn't the point.

Relax....

jcrox
04-07-08, 03:15 PM

I swear, I just tried it not even 2 days ago and I got the message about the signed drivers. Just tried it again and it worked :D

Awesome!!!

Richteralan
04-07-08, 03:43 PM
Everytime I read one of your posts it's always so defensive and hostile. I think you need to relax a bit and not take things so personally.

I'm not quite sure how 1 or 2 people represent the whole NVNews community. I've been around here for over 3 years and have seen a lot. Most of the changes recently have not been for the better but that really isn't the point.

Relax....
That's why I said "as usual";) :D

Unwinder
04-08-08, 01:08 AM

If you have a hobby which you really love, if you spend days and nights creating and improving something and put part of your soul in it and try to share it with people freely you will be defesive seeing like someone is making pee on it. If you ever done that and seen someone blaming it just for fun on because of misunderstanding, you'll understand me. Otherwise, it would be really hard to understand. If you don't take it personal - you just don't care and such hobby will die pretty soon.

I'm not quite sure how 1 or 2 people represent the whole NVNews community.

Try to read RT 2.05 - 2.07 theads for example, to get what do I mean by "whole modern NVNews community". That are typicall comments forming my opinion about current forum visitors. And comments like yours are unfortunately like white crows here.

EciDemon
04-08-08, 01:28 AM
I think installing Rivatuner is as important as installing gfx card drivers.