PDA

View Full Version : This is why you should keep Moms away from games!

evox
03-28-08, 03:12 PM
Anne Diamond used to host breakfast TV shows, notably Good Morning Britain for TV-am and Good Morning... with Anne and Nick for BBC. More recently she became involved in co-developing a jewellery range which she marketed on QVC under her own name brand. That’s why the Daily Mail thinks she’s qualified to review games.

Diamond on Resident Evil 4

“This game shouldn’t be allowed to be sold, even to adults. It wallows in violence for violence's sake… You witness truly ghastly scenes of torture and death. When I played, I was stabbed to death with pitchforks amid fountains of my own blood. This kind of violence can only be bad for you.”

http://www.next-gen.biz/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=9763&Itemid=9

:headexplode: :headexplode: :headexplode:

Thingding
03-28-08, 03:16 PM
(pb)

MaXThReAT
03-28-08, 03:23 PM
Sad very sad. If I want to, I can create a game that the only point is to kill people, disembowel their bloody bodies and arrange their innards in neat little patterns. I'll bet she likes that overseas game were piss all over the Fifth Amendment.

NarcissistZero
03-28-08, 03:25 PM
She's British, you guys are as over-sensitive about violence as we are in the US about sex. I remember hearing Star Trek gets censored over there for violence, which is the silliest thing I have ever heard.

And in any event, even if it was was too violent, and gross, and pointless, adults should be able to play whatever they want for God's sake.

MaXThReAT
03-28-08, 03:43 PM
And in any event, even if it was was too violent, and gross, and pointless, adults should be able to play whatever they want for God's sake.

Amen

spirited1
03-28-08, 04:42 PM
I remember hearing Star Trek gets censored over there for violence, which is the silliest thing I have ever heard.

Lol, where did you read that?

NarcissistZero
03-28-08, 04:49 PM
Lol, where did you read that?

Something about klingon headbuts... The chances of me remembering where I read it years later are nil.

ViN86
03-28-08, 04:50 PM
Sad very sad. If I want to, I can create a game that the only point is to kill people, disembowel their bloody bodies and arrange their innards in need little patterns. I'll bet she likes that overseas game were piss all over the Fifth Amendment.
i think you mean first amendment, unless the game makes you testify against yourself :o

ajay()
03-28-08, 05:50 PM
Tanya Byron's a mom ( and a Child Psychologist) and shows a bit mroe common sense:

http://www.next-gen.biz/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=9753&Itemid=2

MaXThReAT
03-28-08, 07:55 PM
i think you mean first amendment, unless the game makes you testify against yourself :o

O dur I do. Guess I've been using the fifth too much.

bob saget
03-28-08, 08:54 PM
lol.

If i dont see heads getting blown off, guts/blood flying, killing others; the game is simply not worth it. :captnkill:

Logical
03-29-08, 11:20 AM
These critics obviousley watch to much "little house on the prairie", imo.

MowTin
03-29-08, 01:14 PM
It's funny I wouldn't even step on an ant. I would rather trap mice humanely. But I've loved the most violent movies and video games all of my life. Games are just games. It's funny to see blood gushing when it's pretend. It's a whole different matter when it's the real thing.

Armed_Baboon
03-29-08, 09:43 PM
It's funny I wouldn't even step on an ant. I would rather trap mice humanely. But I've loved the most violent movies and video games all of my life. Games are just games. It's funny to see blood gushing when it's pretend. It's a whole different matter when it's the real thing.

I'm quite a fan of killing mice the old fashioned violent way. fashioning a razor blade to the end of a mouse trap ensures a good quick kill.

crainger
03-29-08, 09:44 PM
I'm quite a fan of killing mice the old fashioned violent way. fashioning a razor blade to the end of a mouse trap ensures a good quick kill.

You are the reason they banned Dark Sector here. Thanks a bunch. ::(:

Thingding
03-30-08, 06:00 AM
Crainger doesn't kill mice. He just sticks his rabbity hand down feline throats. :)

crainger
03-30-08, 07:09 AM
Crainger doesn't kill mice. He just sticks his rabbity hand down feline throats. :)

THAT is not a real cat! It's a bonded city courier, in disguise.

DaveW
03-30-08, 04:15 PM
These critics obviousley watch to much "little house on the prairie", imo.

hmmm

... truly ghastly scenes of torture and death... I was stabbed to death with pitchforks amid fountains of my own blood.

yes, being forced to watch "little house on the prairie" would feel like that