PDA

View Full Version : Prince of Persia on Vista 32 bit

Ambrose
03-30-08, 12:24 AM
So, I've been playing Two Thrones and more recently the Sands of Time and in both I encountered various issues with the physics. In TT, I had trouble going down chains, as in I couldn't move down them. I had to press repeatedly for the prince to move down and in some cases had to angle the camera to get him to do so. Eventually, I got to a point where you have to run along the wall, swing from two hooks, jump off a spring and land on another spring. I tried maybe fifty times and I could not land on the second spring. I swear there is a physics bug where it doesn't register my second spring bounce, which causes me to just fall to my death. In SOT, I wasn't having any trouble until I crossed this bridge between to towers to have it fall out from under me. The trouble began when I tried to descend the tower, and I reached a platform that began to crumble beneath me. Walking on the crumbling surface made the prince bounce erratically, sometimes skyrocketing him up into the air to again fall to his death. I feel like Vista has some issues with the PoP. Anyone else experience anything like this?

LordJuanlo
03-30-08, 07:05 AM
I have finished Sands of Time under Vista64, zero problems. But I had to set affinity to one core, game behaviour was very weird without it.

crainger
03-30-08, 07:30 AM
I've have this issue. I never found a fix and gave up on the game. BUT I'm wondering, do you have vsync off? If so maybe try with it ON.

The reason I suggest this was, I gave Lego Star Wars a go a while back and was unable to push crates, the forums said to enable vsync, I tried it and could push the crates. That made me think that perhaps my PoP issues were due to vsync being off.

All this was with a single core 3800+, haven't tried the game with my Q6600.