PDA

View Full Version : HP Notebook PC Pavilion Model: DV9000 Can Graphics card be upgraded in the future?

Digital_Trans
03-30-08, 11:02 AM
I was wanting to know if I can upgrade my NVIDIA based GPU on my HP Notebook PC Pavilion Model: DV9000 which is currently sporting an NVIDIA 8600M GS with 512MB. It does not use shared memory.

Heinzftw
03-30-08, 11:36 PM
Your PSU can only support that gpu or lower. The reason that notebook is built is because it has a certain psu. I think their generally rate it to 90% or w/e

Digital_Trans
03-31-08, 12:29 AM
Your PSU can only support that gpu or lower. The reason that notebook is built is because it has a certain psu. I think their generally rate it to 90% or w/e

Great it will be perfect for what it can do for me in the long run. No need to over due a notebook pc when I have a killer rig for gaming anyway. Thanks for you're quick reply!

Sycario
03-31-08, 02:20 PM

I don't know about that HP but I know someone who sells laptop parts and he told me I could upgrade mine to a 8800M if I wanted. I would but I would probably break it or lose some of the 238952 screws used to hold the laptop together.