PDA

View Full Version : To kill or not to kill - Bioshock

Capt. Picard
03-30-08, 12:26 PM
Should I harvest the little sisters or should I rescue them?

Ayepecks
03-30-08, 12:30 PM
Doesn't matter. Pretty much gives you the same stuff.

BioHazZarD
03-30-08, 12:36 PM
Dont if you want a bigger challenge, but either way will give a different ending so play again for the other one.

bob saget
03-30-08, 12:56 PM
if its your first time through, i would save them. They give you "gifts" which help you. Before you leave the final sister, make a save, so you can see two different endings (all girls saved, and not all girls saved). You have to do the whole game again for the "evil" ending.
good luck on this awesome game :D

ViN86
03-30-08, 01:53 PM
i harvested because i have no soul.

g-a-m-e
03-30-08, 02:39 PM
Rescue the first . Hope you get goodies.

If you get goodies by saving the first in the level, you can off the other ones for max efficiency because you only get 1 goodies per level .

So, once you have had the goodies you can harvest the other ones .

DaveW
03-30-08, 03:06 PM
Rescue the first . Hope you get goodies.

If you get goodies by saving the first in the level, you can off the other ones for max efficiency because you only get 1 goodies per level .

So, once you have had the goodies you can harvest the other ones .

Wow thats pure evil, bravo!

sillyeagle
03-30-08, 03:38 PM
Rescue them, you get much better loot. I was going to kill them the second time around, but ended up saving them being that it was not as fun missing out on all the goodies. Then again I was not a big plasmid user and enjoyed the extra armor, etc.

Bioshock was my favorite of 2007, along with STALKER.

nekrosoft13
03-30-08, 04:19 PM
if its your first time through, i would save them. They give you "gifts" which help you. Before you leave the final sister, make a save, so you can see two different endings (all girls saved, and not all girls saved). You have to do the whole game again for the "evil" ending.
good luck on this awesome game :D

when is the final sister

bob saget
03-30-08, 05:23 PM
when is the final sister
have no clue dude. you can read walkthroughs to see when is the final level.

nutcrackr
03-30-08, 06:17 PM
if you save them all on the levels you get gifts which is better, if however you don't save them all then I think killing them gets you better stuff.

The endings change too

The noise and visuals associated with the harvesting pretty much indicate to me that its the bad thing to do.

ViN86
03-30-08, 09:16 PM
pfft, just harvest em already. you know you want to FEED!! :drooling:

jcrox
03-30-08, 09:31 PM
when is the final sister

*SPOILER

after you become a big daddy

WeReWoLf
03-30-08, 09:39 PM
Do as i did... Play through the game harvesting, then play through saving. Now rinse and repeat

NaitoSan
03-30-08, 11:17 PM
good ending is better than bad ending. it's a bit longer and makes you feel good about it. so, save sisters and you get better loots unless you want more adams (which you don't really need).

sillyeagle
03-31-08, 12:01 AM

It didn't work that way for me. I got loot after saving three, so on the third one each time. It worked that way from start to finish, save three, get loot.

There is no more than three sisters per level, so you would never get goodies more than once per level, but again thats based on the number of sisters, not the level.

NaitoSan
03-31-08, 01:12 AM
never mind. i'm sleepy. :(

Thingding
03-31-08, 03:45 AM
This was the most failed mechanic I've seen in a game for ages. I killed all the little b*stards like a true man and was happy about it, then on my second play through I decided to try saving them. Well f*ck me if the game wasn't ten times easier!

The game rewards niceness just a little too much. Andgry Video Gaming Nerd would have found Bioshock impossible.

highlight for spoiler:
And of course if you kill so much as one you get the bad ending.

Capt. Picard
04-01-08, 07:40 PM
I finished the game and got the good ending.

Very good.

LovingSticky
04-01-08, 07:58 PM
I played both ways (just to see). Good ending is much better than evil one. Save them! :)

bob saget
04-02-08, 01:17 AM
This was the most failed mechanic I've seen in a game for ages. I killed all the little b*stards like a true man and was happy about it, then on my second play through I decided to try saving them. Well f*ck me if the game wasn't ten times easier!

The game rewards niceness just a little too much. Andgry Video Gaming Nerd would have found Bioshock impossible.

:rofl
:rofl