PDA

View Full Version : Refresh rate back at 60Hz, and rez at 600x800 every restart.

starstreams
03-30-08, 12:29 PM
I have two identical Compaq FS7600 monitors set up as duel monitors, (this is not a compaq PC btw). Each set to 72Hz refresh rate. Every time I restart the computer, one of the monitors reverts back to the default 60Hz.
I've tried a different monitor and this issue seemed to go away. But what I don't understand is that I was using these same monitors on my old system with a 7600 card, and now I've just built a new computer with the 8600GT. what could cause a monitor to throw your video settings back to the default? I can always change the refresh rate back, but I have to do this every time I restart. (it is only one monitor that resets, and reversing the monitors makes no difference. in other words what ever monitor is on DVI jack A#2 that will be reset).
The other option I have is to keep keep #2 monitor off, and then restart the computer turning the monitor on only after the system boots up, then it's ok.

I’ve reinstalled the graphics drivers, and I am using the latest from nVidea. why is this setting not sticking? :confused: I don't think it's the drivers, as much as it has something to do with the monitors.

CPU: = intel Duo E8400
M-Board: = Gigabyte-P35-DS3L rev.2.0
Memory: = 2X 1GB matched-Corsair XMS2 PC2-6400 4-4-4-12
Video: = e-GeForce 8600 GT ssc Edition 256/DDR3
Driver Ver: ForceWare-169.21-XP
Card: e-GeForce 8600 GT ssc Edition 256/DDR3

starstreams
03-30-08, 12:52 PM
I think I may have solved this issue!

I found the reset switch on my monitors, and I reset them both.
I have rebooted five times, and the settings are holding!

I'll keep my fingers crossed!

starstreams
04-02-08, 04:02 PM
No, now the issue is back.
nothing is working, I've tried everything I can think of. I don't understand it.

SLippe
04-02-08, 07:05 PM
Uninstall current nvidia display drivers. Reboot into safe mode and run driver cleaner pro as instructed (cab cleaner first then use the nvidia filter). Reboot, again, and then install nvidia drivers. Reboot, again, and set your settings as you like. What resolution are your monitors set at? You're just using one card per computer, right? DVI or VGA? Are the monitors CRTs or LCDs?