PDA

View Full Version : Metal Gear Solid: Essential Collection

ViN86
03-31-08, 08:09 PM
so, this was released on March 25th and offers the first three (for the PS and PS2) metal gear games for $30!

needless to say i couldnt resist, so i picked one up. thought you guys might like to know about this deal since it doesnt seem like it was very well publicized. :D

http://www.ebgames.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=69111
http://img367.imageshack.us/img367/5225/281885byk4.jpg

ViN86
03-31-08, 08:59 PM
guess ppl werent really into the first 3 games... :bleh:

crainger
03-31-08, 09:08 PM
Nope. Pretty ordinary games.

ViN86
03-31-08, 09:17 PM
:(

crainger
03-31-08, 09:26 PM
Close this thread.

|MaguS|
03-31-08, 09:26 PM
I already have all three... Upgraded my reserve today for the Limited Edition version of the 4th. :D

KasuCode
03-31-08, 09:27 PM
I loved em but I still own all the others so I dont feel I need it.

crainger
03-31-08, 09:29 PM
Yeah, no one likes Metal Gear Solid.

Better just close the thread.

::D:

ViN86
03-31-08, 10:43 PM
yea, i own the first one, but my bro took the second and i never played the third, so i picked up the set today.

im waiting to get GT3:A-Spec and GT4 back. i miss those games. im having PS2 withdrawal lately. weird... :confused:

Mr. Hunt
04-01-08, 01:05 AM
Thought about picking them up just because I enjoy them so much... still own the originals...

Knot3D
04-01-08, 06:42 AM
Kind of redundant because i own :

MGS1 - PSX

MGS2 - PS2
MGS2 Substance - Xbox

MGS3 Snake Eater - PS2
MGS3 Subsistence - PS2

I still play MGS3 Subsistence & MGS2 from time to time ; anticipating MGS4 alot.
Too bad the series gets underrated by mainstreamers.

crainger
04-01-08, 06:50 AM
They should make a game with just Grey Fox. Being a ninja is cool. Being an invisible cyborg ninja is even better.

NaitoSan
04-01-08, 07:59 AM
I don't want Konami to follow Square Enix with Final Fantasy VII. Personally, I'd like to see Metal Gear end with 4th game. Without Hideo Kojima, Metal Gear wouldn't be the same if they plan to make other game after 4th.

|MaguS|
04-01-08, 08:08 AM
There will be more MGS Games... its impossible to stop considering the sales the titles generate. What will be different is that there will be no more with Snake as the lead character, Kojima has stated that this is his final game/mission.

Knot3D
04-01-08, 08:14 AM
They should make a game with just Grey Fox. Being a ninja is cool. Being an invisible cyborg ninja is even better.

Then you go play Ninja Gaiden & every other hack n slash game.

MGS = stealth action. Snake's not a fan of blades, remember...

|MaguS|
04-01-08, 08:17 AM
Snake's not a fan of blades, remember...
I believe in the 3rd and 4th he can use knives...

ViN86
04-01-08, 08:19 AM
I don't want Konami to follow Square Enix with Final Fantasy VII. Personally, I'd like to see Metal Gear end with 4th game. Without Hideo Kojima, Metal Gear wouldn't be the same if they plan to make other game after 4th.
i dont think MG would go on without Kojima tbh.

EciDemon
04-01-08, 08:51 AM
Wonder if they release that collection here in europe too
Would be nice to have substance and subsistence (got substance for pc ... damn crappy port)

Gonna be teh sweet when mgs4 is released, even though we all know there will be a "Mgs4 substantial" and you end up getting both

Tygerwoody
04-01-08, 09:30 AM
thanks for the link! I'll definitely be purchasing this!

|MaguS|
04-01-08, 09:42 AM
thanks for the link! I'll definitely be purchasing this!
Go away, you don't deserve the games!

Mr. Hunt
04-01-08, 10:07 AM
I believe in the 3rd and 4th he can use knives...

Well in the third game, it wasn't Solid Snake ;)... and in the fourth they brought it back because CQC owned!

crainger
04-01-08, 03:14 PM
Then you go play Ninja Gaiden & every other hack n slash game.

MGS = stealth action. Snake's not a fan of blades, remember...

Stealth? LMAO "Oh no I've been spotted! Luckily I have a box to hid in!"

"Hehehe sucker"

Ditch Solid Snake, he is getting too old, watches way to much Michael Flatly and his ramblings are making less and less sense.

Knot3D
04-02-08, 12:19 PM
Stealth? LMAO "Oh no I've been spotted! Luckily I have a box to hid in!"

"Hehehe sucker"

Ditch Solid Snake, he is getting too old, watches way to much Michael Flatly and his ramblings are making less and less sense.

... and now, in MGS4 he'll have a drum can to replace the cardboard box, in which he can roll over enemiez like bowling pegs. Genius !

You my friend, have just ran out of any valid MGS-bashing ammo. :p

Severian126
04-11-08, 04:25 PM
There will be more MGS Games... its impossible to stop considering the sales the titles generate. What will be different is that there will be no more with Snake as the lead character, Kojima has stated that this is his final game/mission.

Wouldn't it be funny if the new generation of Metal Gear games stars Snake's clone? :P

Metal Gear Clone, starring Snake's copy, with the exact same voice, moves, and appearance. In a futuristic setting. And for some strange reason, Ocelot would still around to cause havoc. :afro:

|MaguS|
04-11-08, 04:46 PM
Wouldn't it be funny if the new generation of Metal Gear games stars Snake's clone? :P

Metal Gear Clone, starring Snake's copy, with the exact same voice, moves, and appearance. In a futuristic setting. And for some strange reason, Ocelot would still around to cause havoc. :afro:

Well in one of the trailers they show a young snake with blue eyes...