PDA

View Full Version : Well, I wish I bought EVGA instead of BFG

keith33
04-01-08, 09:04 AM
After a few days of troubleshooting I finally came to the conclusion that my 9800GX2 is defective. Game performance is great for about 5 minutes, then one of the cores overheats and throttles everything down. My case and power supply are more than adequate so its not that.

Anyways, just got off the phone with BFG. They said they would replace the card but it would take a whopping 15 to 20 business days to process after I sent mine in. Not only that, customs at the Canada/US border will probably hold it for a few days. As a result, I'm without a video card for a whole month and I need to pay for shipping. This is all the fun additional hassle on a card thats less than a week old.

This is totally counteracting my EVGA experience where they promised an Advanced RMA next business day and gave me a shipping label to send my card back. I really should have just spent the extra $40 and got EVGA but that was my fault.

End Rant. I'm sure I'll get spammed with the "you should be lucky they're taking your card in the first place" posts but shouldn't I be guaranteed that something works out of the box? Without hassle and having to spend more money to ship?

Uberpwnage
04-01-08, 04:52 PM
Wow, sorry to hear about your card. The BFG did look nice, the 100 day stepup and HDMI cable all at a lower price. Sorta reminds me of when I bought a powercolor X1900XT a couple years ago, but I doubt the BFG problem was widespread. You don't have a 7 or 8 series left over?

grey_1
04-01-08, 05:39 PM
That's rotten...hopefully it will work out faster than what you think. Good luck with it.

4Aces
04-01-08, 06:06 PM
I too have had a BFG 8800gt 512 fail and I'm not very assured by some of the customer reviews on newegg talking about warrantee issues with BFG. Personally it looks like they are going the way of Albatron, Leadtek and Gainward. Leadtek and Gainward closed their US offices I don't know about Albatron but I don't see any of their cards for sale in the US anymore. Alot of newegg user reviews were complaining about BFG support and claiming misuse or other things that they can use to void their responsiblility. Good luck with that one, hope they replace it instead of creating an excuse not to. I'd stick with Asus, EVGA maybe MSI. XFX is ok but I've never gotten a working card out of them so I don't bother anymore.