PDA

View Full Version : MOH Airborn Won't Update

Mr Bigman
04-01-08, 10:03 PM
What is with this game?

I picked it up today and installed ok but had some waves during install like ageia failed so i had to remove ageia and let MOH Airborn install it

But i installed game ok but it won't update.

It says it failed error (39) update failed or game not installed correctly please reinstall.

This is a ****in joke, i pay 40 bucks for this crap that won't install.

WTF is wrong with this game?

SLippe
04-01-08, 10:20 PM
Is the update failing via Internet Update or are you trying to install an update manually (one that was downloaded)?

Mr Bigman
04-01-08, 10:24 PM
One i got of Fileplanet.

Whats strange is i would use the install wizard to do a repair, it would stop responding for some strange reason.

Why would a repair option hang or even trying to remove the game hang?

THis game must have bad carma.

SLippe
04-01-08, 10:27 PM
One i got of Fileplanet.

Whats strange is i would use the install wizard to do a repair, it would stop responding for some strange reason.

Why would a repair option hang or even trying to remove the game hang?

THis game must have bad carma.
Did you try repair or update after a reboot? How's the health of your HDD? Fragmented? Let me consult with Yoda and I'll get back with ya.

Mr Bigman
04-01-08, 10:42 PM
Thanks Slippe, na its good cuz other games work great.

I am downloading patch straight from EA.

I'l see how that works.

Strange was when i tried to do the repair, it would stop responding in task manager.

Weird ha?

SLippe
04-01-08, 11:02 PM
Thanks Slippe, na its good cuz other games work great.

I am downloading patch straight from EA.

I'l see how that works.

Strange was when i tried to do the repair, it would stop responding in task manager.

Weird ha?
Yeah, weird.

As for the update, maybe the patch file you downloaded first was corrupt.

DeusGear
04-01-08, 11:15 PM
Are you using the original .exe or a nocd one?

crainger
04-02-08, 12:01 AM
You aren't using a Euro patch of something are you?

Mr Bigman
04-02-08, 12:04 AM
Nope and the cd was a fresh install.

This is strange cuz i had the ageia physics 7.09 installed so msinstaller showed an error saying this error cuz after i entered the key nothing happen just the desktop untill i removed the physics and let MOH install its own which did and installed the game.

I even did a download from EA for the 1.2 patch and it extracted them to the dir but when i triggered the .exe, the game faulted when just the cd install before patch worked fine. I did the jump and started mission so i know game works but cannot patch game.

SLippe
04-02-08, 01:57 AM
Do you have any "virtual CD/DVD drives" on your computer?

NarcissistZero
04-02-08, 02:29 AM
This is strange cuz i had the ageia physics 7.09 installed so msinstaller showed an error saying this error cuz after i entered the key nothing happen just the desktop untill i removed the physics and let MOH install its own which did and installed the game.

That's the only flaw I had with the game, I was forced to uninstall Ageia and then try to install the game again, then it worked.

One thing I have noticed is Vista, if you use Vista, blocks modification of files often without telling you what it's doing. I often try to unzip a mod or something and while no error comes up, the files were blocked. Simply put: try running the patch in admin, if you haven't already.

Mr Bigman
04-02-08, 12:52 PM
Yea, but what about the patch?

I got the patch from 2 different places and still it unpacks it updates and goes to 39, than says failed you need to reinstall game.

SeriTonin
04-02-08, 01:00 PM
You have to un-install any ageia drivers intsalled. Had the same problem.

Mr Bigman
04-02-08, 02:43 PM
Weird is i installed game on my vista box and it installed ok still had to remove ageia but ran the update and it updated fine took awhile though.

Yes, Slippe, i have Daeman tools but on the vista box which i thought may been the issue so i removed them from the xp box but didn't make a difference.

I downloaded the patch on the vista box to update that install so im going to try that one cuz i know it works fine and see if it works on the XP box.