Pages : [1] 2 3 4

evox
04-03-08, 07:24 PM
http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/864/864278p1.html

Coming Aug 31 :D

more info: http://www.mercs2.com

|MaguS|
04-03-08, 08:03 PM
What versions? I dout all platforms will release the same day...

NarcissistZero
08-30-08, 05:07 PM
I just got this today... Gamecrazy in my area was selling it early.

I'm popping it in now... should have impressions later tonight, for those interested. Any questions feel free to ask.

|MaguS|
08-30-08, 05:31 PM

I'm popping it in now... should have impressions later tonight, for those interested. Any questions feel free to ask.

What system? PC im guessing...

Mine is being shipped today, should have it on the 4th.

ATi
08-30-08, 06:37 PM

is it fun!?

NarcissistZero
08-30-08, 08:37 PM
What system? PC im guessing...

360 actually... been in a console mood lately.

Is it fun? Yes, it is fun.

+ Better story, cool voice acting.
+ Same great gameplay as the last, but with a smoother interface and more motivation to complete things.
+ Aiming and controls on 360 are rather good, stick movement smooth.
+ Rather polished, for an open world game.

- Voice comments from your character constantly repeat... I only played for a couple hours and heard the same comments over, and over, and over, and over...
- Graphics on 360 could be better... a lot of this is understandable due to the way everything can be torched and destroyed, but still... looks average at best. Lots of jaggies, weak textures, etc..
- On 360 there is no option to change the control assignments or turn off the aim assist.

All in all, if you liked Mercs, you'll like Mercs 2 even more. PC version should look a LOT better, but I don't think controls matter either way.

arioch21
08-30-08, 08:51 PM
This game looks like could be a lot of fun with co-op, hope its a good game, havent been following it until recently, its nice when a game gets your attention only to find out its 2 weeks away from release :p

ATi
08-30-08, 10:02 PM
whats more fun SP or MP?

NarcissistZero
08-31-08, 08:05 AM
Well I love co-op and look forward to it... none of my friends have the game yet, though, so I haven't tried it out.

It does NOT have split-screen co-op though, which sucks, because I love co-op with my girlfriend and best friend.

arioch21
09-04-08, 08:20 AM
people are saying there isnt any high res widescreen support on PC, not even with .ini tweaks. :thumbdwn: would look like crap on my native res, unless thats patched skipping on this game.

agentkay
09-04-08, 10:24 AM
people are saying there isnt any high res widescreen support on PC, not even with .ini tweaks. :thumbdwn: would look like crap on my native res, unless thats patched skipping on this game.

Not fully true, 16:9 resolutions work, but yes apparently 16:10 don't atm, also auto-aim is enabled by default but it can be deactivated with the F5 key.

Destroy
09-04-08, 11:22 AM
It's out for PC? Every where I look it says pre-order and its $50.

JasonPC
09-04-08, 11:50 AM
Apparently it got delayed for PC until the 4th (ship date?) and I've heard it may be in short supply.

nekrosoft13
09-04-08, 12:24 PM
auto-aim for the WIN!! Soon with Epic gets their way we all will have two buttons ;)

1 for move, second for shoot

NarcissistZero
09-04-08, 01:09 PM
Sounds like a horrible port... glad I got it on console.

Game is still fun... rough around the edges, but fun. If you're not a huge fan of these games maybe wait 'til it's cheaper, but definately pick it up.

DRen72
09-06-08, 10:15 AM
Note that for ATI users, you should deactivate water effects found under the "video options>advanced menu". This restores smooth game play. The game suffers from very poor frame rates on ATI cards with this setting enabled. Just an FYI.

Once water effects are disabled, the frame rates and gameplay is smooth (on the 4870X2 anyway).

sammy sung
09-06-08, 11:17 AM
because I love co-op with my girlfriend and best friend.

If my mind was in the gutter i could find a dirty joke in that :p

JasonPC
09-06-08, 12:25 PM
Sounds like this game could have been a lot better from the reviews, which is a shame because I've been following this game for a very long time. I was going to buy this but now I'm having second thoughts.

NarcissistZero
09-06-08, 12:28 PM
Sounds like this game could have been a lot better from the reviews, which is a shame because I've been following this game for a very long time. I was going to buy this but now I'm having second thoughts.

I haven't seen a good review of this yet... it is really balls to the wall fun, and everyone who has it seems to love it. I can't stop playing it.

The reviews are harping on the bugs and lack of innovation. I am harping on what a blast it is to play.

Mr. Hunt
09-06-08, 02:25 PM
I got it for PS3... great fun... never played much of the first, but bought this one... Coop is fun, but on some missions can kind of hinder you... I set it to allow anybody to join my games... don't have many friends that have the game... so I figured I would just let anybody join.

So far it is really fun... some of the custom vehicles are really cool and in this game I actually feel like I will complete it 100% because it is fun doing everything.

EDIT: And another fun thing you can do in this game is grab a big fuel tank with a helicopter and drop it from the sky and watch it go boom.

XDanger
09-06-08, 06:08 PM
I want a nice console port and this one looks good/fun.

Destroy
09-06-08, 07:01 PM
Supposedly AA does not work with this game, can't force it or nothin', this true?

Mangler
09-06-08, 07:02 PM
Supposedly AA does not work with this game, can't force it or nothin', this true?

Yes

JasonPC
09-06-08, 08:15 PM
Any word if widescreen is supported for PC?

Mangler
09-06-08, 08:21 PM
Any word if widescreen is supported for PC?

The game supports most 16:9 and 4:3 resolutions, but it does not support a single 5:4 or 16:10 resolution.