PDA

View Full Version : Our of your consoles, which smelt the best new?

Pages : [1] 2 3

crainger
04-04-08, 08:07 AM
For me I enjoyed the rich smell my 360 had. Microsoft have done an excellent job with the smell of all their hardware the past few years. Although I'll admit the PS3's box had a wonderful woodland smell that outshone the plasticy 360 box and packaging.

Revs
04-04-08, 08:09 AM
Sega Game Gear, by far.

christos
04-04-08, 08:14 AM
Actually it was my 3DO...but that could be because the EB store I bought it from was right next to an Auntie Annie's pretzel place.

crainger
04-04-08, 08:20 AM
Sega Game Gear, by far.

Don't thread crap.

Be serious please.

EciDemon
04-04-08, 08:21 AM
Thanks, this confirms im not so much of a nerd I used to think :)
Tho id say new hardware generally smells good.

360 very plastic, must have been those green bags that caused it (with all the cables in).
And that reminds me of the little image on those bags with a kid choking on them... such a horrible picture. I threw them away

crainger
04-04-08, 08:24 AM
Threw it away? Such a gripping emotion evoking image? I framed mine, it's a great talking piece at my fondue parties.

CaptNKILL
04-04-08, 09:16 AM
And that reminds me of the little image on those bags with a kid choking on them... such a horrible picture. I threw them away
Wouldn't it have been easier to just take the bags from them?

Children don't belong in the trash. :(

Well... most of them don't.

crainger
04-04-08, 09:51 AM
::rofl:

Hilarities! Hilarities!~

DiscipleDOC
04-04-08, 10:00 AM
Crainger, for the love of the PS3, please give up the crack.

sytaylor
04-04-08, 10:01 AM
My TV

Revs
04-04-08, 10:07 AM
Don't thread crap.

Be serious please.

Pony Monster en route to CH/Aus.

crainger
04-04-08, 10:26 AM
Last 3 posts reported.

Don't thread crap, stay on topic.

TV is not a console sytaylor
Pony Monster cannot swim Revs
and DiscipleDOC is a myth.

sytaylor
04-04-08, 10:28 AM
TV plays the console, especially if you get one of those gamepads that has a game built in. Or you play games through the tv.

TV.

Revs
04-04-08, 10:33 AM
Sega Game Gear, by far.

^ How is this thread crapping? Of all the consoles I've owned and sniffed, this was the best smelling. Or do you not consider it a console? I can't tell if you're serious, Crainger. You're like the boy that cried wolf.

Anyway, Teh Pony is flying 1st class, so you're still ****ed. And who the hell is this Doc?

Ninjaman09
04-04-08, 10:34 AM
SNES

crainger
04-04-08, 10:40 AM
^ How is this thread crapping? Of all the consoles I've owned and sniffed, this was the best smelling. Or do you not consider it a console? I can't tell if you're serious, Crainger. You're like the boy that cried wolf.

Anyway, Teh Pony is flying 1st class, so you're still ****ed. And who the hell is this Doc?

My friend had a game gear. I found the smell rather repulsive. I must say, if you found it pleasant, you're taste is very... eccentric to say the least. But I respect your opinion none the less.

crainger
04-04-08, 10:42 AM
SNES

Ah fine choice. The SNES a nice clean modern smell compared to the dirtier smell of the Genesis/Mega Drive.

ASUSEN7900GTX
04-04-08, 10:44 AM
i think my best gameplay was on the SNES te very frist time i lay hands on it it was something about it it is a moment i wonīt forget
i guess on the other hand the real deal was the PS2 when we bougth it it was something about it as well but as for PC hardware wise the 360 all was more like stuf to be had.

but the Snes/mega drive period and the PS2 is the ones iīll remember most but the 360 is by far the best console i played on donīt know about the PS3 but i canīt see more difference than some graphical perhaps and it canīt be too much.
In Full HD perhaps but still too little difference to make me buy one

crainger
04-04-08, 10:46 AM
What did that have to do with the smell ASUSEN?

I just realised I put Our instead of Out in the thread title. ::o:

Revs
04-04-08, 10:47 AM
I've got a DreamCast (a very under-rated console) but I don't think i've ever given it a good sniffing. It's quite old now, do ya think it'll still smell the same. If so i'll have a sniff tonight and report back.

ASUSEN7900GTX
04-04-08, 10:48 AM
not maybe so much the smell of the consoles as the time in my life and playing these for the first time made an impression on me but the N64 if i canīt remeber wrong had a pleasent smell not that i sniff my consoles as much as i appreciate them if theyīre any good

but the N64 might have had a smell to it and some games it had

Ninjaman09
04-04-08, 11:25 AM
Ah fine choice. The SNES a nice clean modern smell compared to the dirtier smell of the Genesis/Mega Drive.
It was the blast processing fumes.

DiscipleDOC
04-04-08, 11:52 AM
ay, Teh Pony is flying 1st class, so you're still ****ed. And who the hell is this Doc?
Your worst nightmare (beta)

Colecovision FTmfW!!!!

Bearclaw
04-04-08, 11:56 AM
+1 for the Game Gear.

methimpikehoses
04-04-08, 12:23 PM
My 8800GT smelled better than my Wii.

BTW,

:THREAD TITLE FAIL:
Re: Our of your consoles, which smelt the best new?