PDA

View Full Version : FYI: XBOX Live is currently having problems...

Pages : [1] 2

ViN86
04-04-08, 07:49 PM
so, i tried to install some updates and it keeps disconnecting me and kicking me out of the game. so i cant play any games on xbox live.

i called the support line and it says the network is having difficulties and theyre "working on it".

so, FYI... :|

crainger
04-04-08, 08:50 PM
I got a message a few days ago letting me know it would be down around this time...

Imbroglio
04-04-08, 10:39 PM
me too, vin = newb

Zapablast05
04-04-08, 10:43 PM
I got a message a few days ago letting me know it would be down around this time...

+1
8:00PM-9:00PM

me too, vin = newb

+1

crainger
04-04-08, 11:21 PM
RRoD = Vin's own fault it would seem.

ViN86
04-05-08, 02:40 AM
it works again.

thx for the love, hatas. :D

crainger
04-05-08, 02:55 AM
I bet you think you achieved something? Like your a master tweaker getting Live going again.

ViN86
04-05-08, 03:13 AM
I bet you think you achieved something? Like your a master tweaker getting Live going again.
well i didnt mention that i had to overclock my internets to get live working again. i had to update the internet firmware to 1.33.7 too.

on second thought, maybe it was my thin veil that was blocking my live connection.

crainger
04-05-08, 06:02 AM
Oh ViN, your veil is so ThiN.

Lyme
04-05-08, 12:06 PM
The word is that this is being caused by everyone trying to get the COD4 mappack.

ViN86
04-05-08, 12:13 PM
The word is that this is being caused by everyone trying to get the COD4 mappack.
lol MS or whoever carries the XBL service is stupid. they always get overloaded on traffic and then the server goes down. like after Christmas when a lot of people were registering and XBL went down due to too much traffic. wtf, obviously youre going to get more traffic, why wouldnt you prepare for it? :retard:

Bearclaw
04-05-08, 12:22 PM
lol MS or whoever carries the XBL service is stupid. they always get overloaded on traffic and then the server goes down. like after Christmas when a lot of people were registering and XBL went down due to too much traffic. wtf, obviously youre going to get more traffic, why wouldnt you prepare for it? :retard:
Because they are complete morons who came from Australia.

:bleh:

Zapablast05
04-05-08, 02:09 PM
I think of Australia as Canada and UK's offspring. Eww, incest. UK= US and CA's mom, AU= CA and UK's kid. Wtf? :headexplode:

ViN86
04-05-08, 02:12 PM
I think of Australia as Canada and UK's offspring. Eww, incest. UK= US and CA's mom, AU= CA and UK's kid. Wtf? :headexplode:
Australia is where England used to send its criminals. :headexplode:

Lyme
04-05-08, 02:58 PM

So exactly how do you prepare for 3+ million people downloading the same piece of content at the same time?

Imbroglio
04-05-08, 04:40 PM
So exactly how do you prepare for 3+ million people downloading the same piece of content at the same time?

easy, do as they all do, bring down the service :headexplode:

i mean this isn't the first time for microsoft, and let's not forget amazon's ordeal last christmas when they attempted to sell 500 360's for $200 dollars, network admins ftw.

ViN86
04-05-08, 05:56 PM
multiple servers. you allow only a certain number of connections per server and distribute the bandwidth over multiple servers. scale it in parallel. sure, it costs more, but it probably costs the same as hiring people to bring the network back up and iron out the kinks.

crainger
04-05-08, 06:09 PM
Australia is where England used to send its criminals. :headexplode:

Yeah. So don't look at me wrong or I'll cut you so bad you'll wish I didn't cut you so bad.

No seriously we are all lying crooks down here. We'll steal your bread, rape your women, rustle your cattle, and stab you in the back. It's in our blood, aint nothing we can do about it no how.

One thing though. At least we didn't start a war with our mother country...

ViN86
04-05-08, 06:20 PM
Yeah. So don't look at me wrong or I'll cut you so bad you'll wish I didn't cut you so bad.

No seriously we are all lying crooks down here. We'll steal your bread, rape your women, rustle your cattle, and stab you in the back. It's in our blood, aint nothing we can do about it no how.

One thing though. At least we didn't start a war with our mother country...
bah, they had it coming. Americans havent changed much in 230 years heh.

NaitoSan
04-05-08, 06:28 PM
last night i was trying to play halo 3 coop with my friend and it keeps pausing then disconnected. grrr... it must be xbox live problem. others' not having any issues when playing call of duty 4 and final fantasy xi. i know ffxi uses square enix's servers instead of xbox live servers but do call of duty 4 use their own servers too?

ViN86
04-05-08, 10:29 PM
last night i was trying to play halo 3 coop with my friend and it keeps pausing then disconnected. grrr... it must be xbox live problem. others' not having any issues when playing call of duty 4 and final fantasy xi. i know ffxi uses square enix's servers instead of xbox live servers but do call of duty 4 use their own servers too?
it should be fixed now. from what others are saying, it was down for repairs, but it wasnt entirely down. only some things didnt work.

crainger
04-06-08, 01:04 AM
It was down, it's just you have some strange backdoor access going on there. ::bleh::

What? What?

SilentMercury
04-06-08, 02:33 AM
I was on XBOX LIVE and I heard a voice coming from TV telling me to eat my own feces. Would that be part of the problems they warned us about?

crainger
04-06-08, 03:45 AM
LOL Sounds like regular live to me... Must be working.

ViN86
04-06-08, 09:26 AM
I was on XBOX LIVE and I heard a voice coming from TV telling me to eat my own feces. Would that be part of the problems they warned us about?
totally normal operation.

:rofl