PDA

View Full Version : Who needs Vista, when Windows 7 is coming next year.

Pages : 1 [2]

crainger
04-08-08, 09:47 AM
This whole freaking forum is absurd.

Sazar
04-08-08, 10:06 AM
This whole freaking forum is absurd.

Your libido is absurd.

six_storm
04-08-08, 10:37 AM
I just hope that MS doesn't go modular on us. In a way, yeah, it is a good idea. However, new programs and games will require you to have those $5 services . . . ;) Easy money anyone?

ViN86
04-08-08, 02:52 PM
I just hope that MS doesn't go modular on us. In a way, yeah, it is a good idea. However, new programs and games will require you to have those $5 services . . . ;) Easy money anyone?
if that's the case, ill just run XP or Vista for the next 10 years lol.

Bearclaw
04-08-08, 03:17 PM
if that's the case, ill just run XP or Vista for the next 10 years lol.
LOL, QFT.

Yaboze
04-08-08, 04:54 PM
Wouldn't it be built upon Vista's core? So how much better can it be?

In 2010, Vista will be like XP is now in 2008.

There will be much love for Vista and h8 for Winders 7. :captnkill:

Imbroglio
04-14-08, 09:53 PM
Wouldn't it be built upon Vista's core? So how much better can it be?

In 2010, Vista will be like XP is now in 2008.

There will be much love for Vista and h8 for Winders 7. :captnkill:

yeah, it's built around vista's core.

@OP: you do realize that windows 7 is minor upgrades graphically but essentially a modularized version of vista, right? basically microsoft wants to make windows cheaper for the consumer, and more expensive for corporations, solution: modularize. If anything, I have a feeling I'll be sticking with vista even after win7 is here

crainger
04-15-08, 12:07 AM
How long till we see betas? I don't think it's as close as most people think...

methimpikehoses
04-15-08, 02:03 AM
I can't wait until DX11 myself. Probably not till windows 8 tho.

Wolfhound
04-15-08, 05:43 AM
yeah, it's built around vista's core.

@OP: you do realize that windows 7 is minor upgrades graphically but essentially a modularized version of vista, right? basically microsoft wants to make windows cheaper for the consumer, and more expensive for corporations, solution: modularize. If anything, I have a feeling I'll be sticking with vista even after win7 is here

:D new core kernel (MinWin), read here:

http://www.winsupersite.com/showcase/win7_minwin_inside.asp

and here:

http://www.winsupersite.com/showcase/win7_minwin_preview.asp

So definitely a modularized Vista:

So I was hoping that this Channel 9 video would shed new light on his contention that MinWin/7 is, in fact, completely different from MinWin/Vista and Windows Server 2008's Server Core feature. Unfortunately he doesn't supply any new information.

David power
04-15-08, 05:49 AM
I donít see a new windows coming out yet, Vista hasnít even got started yet, Is it even out a year? Too much work went into it, if anything and this is a long shot, They might have got allot of bad press and this has caused the Vista name to become tainted, so as a way to sound fresh they might rename the OS with the next Service pack,

You canít program an OS in one year man, its millions on lines of code. not going to happen.

Wolfhound
04-15-08, 05:52 AM
I donít see a new windows coming out yet, Vista hasnít even got started yet, Is it even out a year? Too much work went into it, if anything and this is a long shot, They might have got allot of bad press and this has caused the Vista name to become tainted, so as a way to sound fresh they might rename the OS with the next Service pack,

You canít program an OS in one year man, its millions on lines of code. not going to happen.

Microsoft wants an OS cycle of 3 years, Vista -2007 Windows 7 - 2010

David power
04-15-08, 05:59 AM
Microsoft wants an OS cycle of 3 years, Vista -2007 Windows 7 - 2010

They want a os cycle of 3 years, what happened between xp and vista? nothing? Vista came out last year so that gives us 2 more years they a beta and then at the close of that year maybe a public reliese. I'd say were looking at 3 more years of vista before we see any real windows 7 action.

nekrosoft13
04-15-08, 09:09 AM
i wonder how crazy this modules will get.

Wolfhound
04-15-08, 09:53 AM
They want a os cycle of 3 years, what happened between xp and vista? nothing? Vista came out last year so that gives us 2 more years they a beta and then at the close of that year maybe a public reliese. I'd say were looking at 3 more years of vista before we see any real windows 7 action.

I said Microsoft "wants", not that will be, a 3 year cycle.

crainger
04-15-08, 06:00 PM
i wonder how crazy this modules will get.

You've seen Xbox Live.

DX11 support. Only 2500 Microsoft Points.

Zapablast05
04-16-08, 01:12 AM
I just found that it is set back to 2010. They need to make there minds up.

http://www.informationweek.com/news/windows/operatingsystems/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=207100040

You probably got mixed up with Windows 7 milestone 4 or the Alpha or Beta version release of Windows 7 with the actual release of the complete OS.

rhink
04-16-08, 02:10 AM

They build on each other. I doubt windows 7 is as much a change over vista, as vista was over XP anyhow.

Though I agree next year is a touch too soon. MS needs to be careful before they run themselves into the ground. Although I'd be rather surprised if it really does come out next year.

ASUSEN7900GTX
04-16-08, 04:12 AM
do you think this new windows 7 is the one who can do toasted bread and warm up the car if itīs cold out and so

if not then itīs garbage :D

naah hope this is a good windows like XP....speeking of wich wonder when the "rela" SP3 is to be released itīs been a long time now since it started and no real date yet.........come on snailsoft give it to me

ViN86
04-16-08, 12:53 PM
They build on each other. I doubt windows 7 is as much a change over vista, as vista was over XP anyhow.

Though I agree next year is a touch too soon. MS needs to be careful before they run themselves into the ground. Although I'd be rather surprised if it really does come out next year.
LOL run themselves into the ground? even people who are like "**** VISTA IT SUCKS!" still run XP, another MS product.

MS isnt going anywhere soon.

XDanger
04-16-08, 06:18 PM
Hows that linux on PS3 working out?