PDA

View Full Version : FS: Intel Core 2 Quad 6600 (First Versioin)

zerodamage
04-05-08, 02:38 PM
My Quad is now up for sale for $175 shipped.

This is the original model that is 105 watts and it still overclocks just fine from 2.4 to 2.8 on stock voltage (actually lower on my current setup). I am sure it will go higher but have not tried, only bumped it the 400 MHZ for a quick fix. This is the retail version and comes with the Heatsink and Fan. I no longer have the box but this is less than one year old. Bought it back in August.

These are the specs minus a slightly different voltage. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819115017

Shoot me a PM if you are interested. This CPU is great for Crysis and UT as it is quad core.

My heatware: http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=18893

Redeemed
04-05-08, 02:45 PM
FYI, Quad-Core does very little for Crysis if you already own a decent dual core rig. A beefier GPU (or two, or three) is more helpful than a quad core CPU.

Anyhow, you put this up for sell at the WORST of times. I'm doing all I can to wait for the Q9450, the last thing I need is a temptation like this one! :p

Zapablast05
04-05-08, 03:22 PM
FYI, Quad-Core does very little for Crysis if you already own a decent dual core rig. A beefier GPU (or two, or three) is more helpful than a quad core CPU.

Anyhow, you put this up for sell at the WORST of times. I'm doing all I can to wait for the Q9450, the last thing I need is a temptation like this one! :p

That's why he knows someone will buy it, lol. Good price at a quad core-demanding time. I hope he sells it to someone in desperate need of a really good quad core that can stomp on a dual core at the right overclock.

Sazar
04-05-08, 04:02 PM

Wait for the 9450 :)

Btw, brand new Q6600's are $189 at Fry's.

Intel17
04-05-08, 05:37 PM
Hey! I didn't wait for the Q9450 and I'm quite happy with my Q6600! Of course, I upgraded from a POS Pentium D 925, so, perhaps that has influenced my opinion.

However, this is a pretty good deal. The Q6600s are excellent overclockers.

Redeemed
04-05-08, 05:49 PM
Hey! I didn't wait for the Q9450 and I'm quite happy with my Q6600! Of course, I upgraded from a POS Pentium D 925, so, perhaps that has influenced my opinion.

However, this is a pretty good deal. The Q6600s are excellent overclockers.
Correction: the G0 Q6600s are excellent overclockers. The original Q6600s were... decent... in comparison. ;)

mailman2
04-05-08, 08:31 PM
Correction: the G0 Q6600s are excellent overclockers. The original Q6600s were... decent... in comparison. ;)

I had a B3 that was prime stable at 3.7 Ghz. Correction - SOME Q6600's are excellent overclockers. I've seen as many bad G0s as there were good B3s, still it happens.

Redeemed
04-05-08, 09:19 PM
I had a B3 that was prime stable at 3.7 Ghz. Correction - SOME Q6600's are excellent overclockers. I've seen as many bad G0s as there were good B3s, still it happens.
If only you were referring to the Phenoms... *stares off into space dreamily* :p

zerodamage
04-05-08, 10:52 PM
Please refrain from thread crapping. If you think my price is wrong, please PM me with the link(s) and I will correct any mistakes. I've sold here many times and am honest in my sales. All I ask is that you not thread crap.

zerodamage
04-05-08, 11:02 PM
Wait for the 9450 :)

Btw, brand new Q6600's are $189 at Fry's.

How the hell do you figure? They are roughly $250 at most all retailers, even Frys.

http://shop2.outpost.com/product/5101696;jsessionid=3IBt5jIPe+BxDNIJxhCJHw**.node2? site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG

Amuro
04-05-08, 11:05 PM
How the hell do you figure? They are roughly $250 at most all retailers, even Frys.

http://shop2.outpost.com/product/5101696;jsessionid=3IBt5jIPe+BxDNIJxhCJHw**.node2? site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG
The online prices are different. Go drive down to a Fry's near you.

mailman2
04-05-08, 11:30 PM
If only you were referring to the Phenoms... *stares off into space dreamily* :p

Umm. B3 (g0 is the other, newer one. 95w) is a stepping for the Q6600 LOL. Time to read up on your chips ;)

zerodamage
04-06-08, 12:31 AM
The online prices are different. Go drive down to a Fry's near you.

Last time I checked, I was not selling my used cpu at Frys. Stop ****ting on my thread.

Moderators/Admins, please clean up this thread or I will no longer sell my stuff here.

zerodamage
04-06-08, 12:33 AM
By the way, my heatware: http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=18893

Amuro
04-06-08, 12:47 AM
Last time I checked, I was not selling my used cpu at Frys. Stop ****ting on my thread.

Moderators/Admins, please clean up this thread or I will no longer sell my stuff here.
How was at ****ing on your thread? Merely telling you there's a special deal going on at Fry's retail stores, not their online store.

zerodamage
04-06-08, 01:00 AM
How was at ****ing on your thread? Merely telling you there's a special deal going on at Fry's retail stores, not their online store.

Then start a separate thread stating there is a brick and mortar Fry's deal for the quad 6600. Do not crap all over my thread. Enough is enough. I checked online prices and I am significantly lower for my processor. If people want to go to Fry's then they can go for it. It is not necessary to crap all over my offer.

Amuro
04-06-08, 01:04 AM
Then start a separate thread stating there is a brick and mortar Fry's deal for the quad 6600. Do not crap all over my thread. Enough is enough. I checked online prices and I am significantly lower for my processor. If people want to go to Fry's then they can go for it. It is not necessary to crap all over my offer.
Why would I start a new thread? I was replying to your post. I wasn't even the one brought up the Fry's deal.

BTW, there is a thread about the deal started by Sazar.

zerodamage
04-06-08, 01:18 AM
Why would I start a new thread? I was replying to your post. I wasn't even the one brought up the Fry's deal.

BTW, there is a thread about the deal started by Sazar.

Great, there is another thread about the Fry's deal. THIS IS NOT THE THREAD.
You and everyone else pretty much ruined this for me. This will probably be the last time I put up anything I am selling here. This is not the first time my For Sale threads here have been crapped in. Will be the last time though.

Amuro
04-06-08, 01:34 AM
How did I ruin your thread? LAMO. You asked for links yourself.
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&rlz=1T4SUNA_en___HK205&q=fry%27s+q6600+189

Sazar
04-06-08, 03:03 AM
Dude, sorry if you think people are crapping on your thread for selling your processor.

Your deal is not a bad deal typically BUT as a veteran of these forums, if there is a minor price difference between a used deal and a brand new deal from a reputable vendor, it is our job to post that and provide buyers with that information.

Your price is still lower, I am sure someone is going to be interested.

Regarding why I posted about the Q9450, I am using one and I am extremely happy, Redeemed was inquiring about it and I posted my opinion.

Redeemed
04-06-08, 03:19 AM
Umm. B3 (g0 is the other, newer one. 95w) is a stepping for the Q6600 LOL. Time to read up on your chips ;)
That's also the newest revision for the Phenoms... fixes the TLB Errata issue. Time to read up on your chips. ;) :p

zerodamage
04-06-08, 11:13 AM
How did I ruin your thread? LAMO. You asked for links yourself.
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&rlz=1T4SUNA_en___HK205&q=fry%27s+q6600+189

Learn To Read. My initial response to the thread crapping: http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=1618093&postcount=9

If you think my price is wrong, please PM me with the link(s) and I will correct any mistakes.

zerodamage
04-06-08, 11:15 AM
Dude, sorry if you think people are crapping on your thread for selling your processor.

Your deal is not a bad deal typically BUT as a veteran of these forums, if there is a minor price difference between a used deal and a brand new deal from a reputable vendor, it is our job to post that and provide buyers with that information.

Your price is still lower, I am sure someone is going to be interested.

Regarding why I posted about the Q9450, I am using one and I am extremely happy, Redeemed was inquiring about it and I posted my opinion.

I would not consider $75+ a minor price difference. Speaking of Fry's price, $85 dollars.

zerodamage
04-07-08, 12:17 AM
Sold via another forum. (No thread crapping took place there)

SilentMercury
04-07-08, 05:32 AM
:( :( :( :(