PDA

View Full Version : Vista 64 Drivers and problems, Thx Nvidia!

BarrettF77
04-08-08, 08:22 PM
I have to say, I think that NV hardware is really quite good, however thier drivers suck balls. Problem is I am running 174.74 and the drivers just seem to keep getting worse from NV. Warcraft 3 the screen flickers constantly when playing the game after 10 minutes, it also locks up on me when playing Flight simulator X, and causes all sorts of blue screens of death. The problem is not just this driver, there have been problems like this driver stopped responding for so long and its sickening how long vista has been out.

I partly blame Microsoft for this as the OS is a piece of insert favorite word here and the fact that Nvidia is really poor on thier customer service. I have contacted them countless times and they never respond to me nor do we see improved drivers.

I dont know if NV reads these forums, but if they do. It is because of this crap that I am giving up on building computers and not buying PC's anymore. I know all computers have problems, but atleast with a Mac I know things will get taken care of if not by the hardware manuf. but by apple themselves. It takes MS a year to realease a SP and its does nothing and Apple can get them out every few months. Cmon guys.

Sorry for the rant, just really tired of this and needed to vent. But I do mean it, its pathetic that it takes this long to get anything that works and still nothing. Atleast Crysis doesnt crash.

jcrox
04-08-08, 09:53 PM
They are "beta" drivers aren't they??

BarrettF77
04-09-08, 08:29 AM
That is about all those slackers release are beta drivers. Atleast ATI/AMD gets thier drivers out each month and they work a whole hell of a lot better. Too bad the hardware sucks.

Either way, I'm never buying windows again. Microsoft time and again proves how horrible they are as a company.

Revs
04-09-08, 08:39 AM
The problems you're describing sound like an over-overclocked graphics card. Since Vista came out i've only had a problem with one driver where the problems you listed were happening to me. What graphics card do you have and how old is it?