PDA

View Full Version : computer assembly help

Matthius
05-02-03, 04:33 AM
im having a little help assembling my computer...it was in one peice, then it just started to freeze every now and then, and i thought it was the ram, but i took the ram out, then put a stick of 512ddr in it (i had 256ddr originally) and nothing happend. the hdd light turned on, the cpu fan started to spin, but the cd drives wouldn't open and it said no signal on my monitor. i toook it to the disc shop (like a supermarket for computer parts, you can even get trolleys!) and they checked the cpu, the ram, the mobo and even the video card, and they all work fine when they put it together, but when i do it, everything goes to hell. can someone post some pics of how to put it together a bit better or tell me a good site of where to go to find some extra help? i dont wanna have to pay a whole bunch of money just to get my computer to work.

oh yeah, and my computer is:

jetway v266b mobo
amd 2000xp cpu
256ddr 2100 ram
40gig seagate hdd
geforce 4 440mx

CMON!!! help me out here! im stuck using this piece of crap celeron 500mhz!!! (ah, the good old days of my favourite computer)

monkeydust
05-02-03, 06:19 AM
To me, it sounds like you don't have something seated properly. Perhaps your ram is not locked into place? I've had that happen to me before.

Matthius
05-02-03, 07:23 AM
ah, i found the problem. it was the power supply. its dead. but thats the forth one that i've had problems with! i can't seam to figure out why they keep dying on me. got any ideas?

vampireuk
05-02-03, 07:38 AM
Get a Antec psu, it won't crap out on you:cool:

The Baron
05-02-03, 09:55 AM
Get a Belkin UPS. Sounds like you might need it.

And Antec TrueBlue 480W--Best PSU Ever.