David power
04-15-08, 06:05 AM
What is better

Asus Striker II Extreme 790i Ultra for 350 euro

or a

AVGA nForce 790i Ultra for 305 Euro.

Revs
04-15-08, 06:13 AM
I'm a big fan of the ROG mobo's. There bundled kit is far better than most other mobo's. There's always 3DM06 Advanced Edition bundled as well as a separate sound card with a good mic and usually a game or two.

David power
04-15-08, 06:18 AM
I'm a big fan of the ROG mobo's. There bundled kit is far better than most other mobo's. There's always 3DM06 Advanced Edition bundled as well as a separate sound card with a good mic and usually a game or two.

Ok so all that aside

Lets say I dont care about the free game and sound card.

Would the EVGA one be as good?

Revs
04-15-08, 06:34 AM
You'd have to read some reviews, bud. There's no way of telling without some experience with the mobo's. EVGA do have the best warrenty available.

JaxMacFL
04-15-08, 07:25 AM
Don't forget XFX 790i Ultra. It has gotten some good reviews.

David power
04-15-08, 07:46 AM
Don't forget XFX 790i Ultra. It has gotten some good reviews.

The two above are the only two my supplier has in stock.

I could change my order so it doesn’t come with the Asus but instead comes with the EVGA and in doing that the parts would be with me by Friday, other wise I have to wait 2 weeks for the Asus to arrive.

What do you think......

JaxMacFL
04-15-08, 08:54 AM
The two above are the only two my supplier has in stock.

I could change my order so it doesn’t come with the Asus but instead comes with the EVGA and in doing that the parts would be with me by Friday, other wise I have to wait 2 weeks for the Asus to arrive.

What do you think......

Personnally, I would go with the Asus Striker II Extreme 790i Ultra. Just an all-a-round better package. True, it is more expensive but you won't find a more feature-rich overclocking motherboard. It's not for your casual overclocker (overkill), but if you are a hardcore enthusiast you can't beat it.

David power
04-15-08, 08:57 AM
Personnally, I would go with the Asus Striker II Extreme 790i Ultra. Just an all-a-round better package. True, it is more expensive but you won't find a more feature-rich overclocking motherboard. It's not for your casual overclocker (overkill), but if you are a hardcore enthusiast you can't beat it.

I have never overclocked a cpu before, but from what i see the Asus makes it simple for noobs to over clock. it detects the cpu that is currently installed and then displays the models of CPUs that are better than the cpu in your system and does the over clocking required to get your cpu up to the power of the one your selected. like man, thats simple!

Spartan 117
04-18-08, 12:40 AM
well, if you plan to OC extremely, then the ASUS is the one to get, but if you are going to OC not as much and are on air cooling, the EVGA is the one to get, had good experience with their mobos :)

Dazz
04-18-08, 01:08 AM
You can't really go wrong with either of them really, but in the end the price you pay is what you get. I myself have watercooling as such the ASUS board will be better for me as you can hook it up with watercooling also, but does also come with a Fan too like the EVGA/XFX board which are refrence design.