PDA

View Full Version : Lumines now on Steam!

NarcissistZero
04-18-08, 08:34 PM
If you have any interest in puzzle games at all I highly suggest you download the demo and give Lumines a try... it's one of three puzzle games I have ever liked (Tetris and Peggle the others) and has visuals/sounds that are truly awesome.

There's a normal pack and advance pack, and the package with both is only $13.95 until next week.

six_storm
04-19-08, 08:13 AM
I'm going to download the demo and see how it is on the PC. I used to have it on the PSP and it was a blast!

|MaguS|
04-19-08, 08:45 AM
I have it on the PS2 and even got it for the X360 when I had one but none of them hooked me like the PSP version. I think its a game thats just designed around being a handheld title.

NarcissistZero
04-19-08, 09:34 AM
It's the same game either way, I don't see how it could be designed around being portable. In any event, I think it looks and runs great on the PC, though I wouldn't mind some higher resolution options... Still, I would play it in windowed mode anyway, no doubt.

Oh, and I use my 360 pad with it... hard to imagine using the keyboard (though I'm sure it's not too bad).

|MaguS|
04-19-08, 09:36 AM
yeah i know its the same game... just feels different when not playing on a handheld...

KasuCode
04-20-08, 05:59 PM
yeah i know its the same game... just feels different when not playing on a handheld...

I have to agree. I would get carried away on the psp. But I didnt have much fun playing it on 360

WeReWoLf
04-21-08, 08:02 AM
Is it just me, or is there no sound in the PC demo of Lumines?

six_storm
04-21-08, 08:28 AM
Wow, this is terrible on the PC via using the mouse. Lumines for PSP FTW.

NarcissistZero
04-21-08, 08:39 AM

I use my 360 pad.

LurkerLito
04-21-08, 09:45 AM
No sound for me either, but it looks like it's a bug. Set your speaker config to stereo only and you'll get sound.

Nitz Walsh
04-21-08, 12:20 PM
Damn, if only there was some other kind of input device on the PC. Something involving keys...

MDarkbladeM
04-21-08, 02:48 PM
You can fix the no-sound bug by putting on 2 speaker mode on on Windows Audio settings. Or if you own a Creative soundcard, then use Creative Audio Console and put '2/2.1 speakers" setting on.

Quite an annoying bug I must say, I hope they fix it soon.