PDA

View Full Version : Which 8800GT?

GeeTeeEx
04-19-08, 07:13 PM
So I've decided that I'm going to get a 8800GT, pulling myself out of the bottomless waiting pit...

I just wanted some feedback on which manufacturer's 8800GT is best? Which has the best price/performance ratio? (What do you guys think about Palit sonic edition or Asus TOP edition? i REALLY need a good cooler because my antec sonata III isn't the greatest ventilated case... and I'm definitely not up to the task of doing things myself manually XD)

Are the OC'ed ones worth it? Are there any special hardware related changes to the OC'ed versions that the non-OC's dont have? Or are they just simply software overclocked?

Sorry if I'm asking a lot of q's... it's only because I'm kind of n00b at this =\

bacon12
04-19-08, 08:05 PM
I have a PNY gt and it is a good one oc's well no problems. The oc models are just a different BIOS.

EVGA, BFG, XFX, and PNY good to go...

musman
04-21-08, 10:21 AM
Hey,

I'm kinda a noob too but I found reviews on youtube very helpful when deciding to buy a new video card. Hope that helps.

Revs
04-21-08, 10:27 AM
I would go EVGA. They're as cheap as any and have by far the best warrenty. For the sake of a few /$ I would get the GTS512 though. Just for the far superior cooler.

HiCZoK4
04-21-08, 01:45 PM
I would say get INNO3D OC edition.
Its not only oced out of box but it also have upgraded cooler a bit and GRAW2 bundled.
And its very cheap.

I am surprised how temps are not getting higher than 65'c !!!
also its very very quiet. Way more silent than my old 320

No bsod's or other type of crashes. Everything flow on higher resolutions like 1680x1050!!!
Give it a good read.(but watch out reviews got older version of it.Inno3D have upgraded it)

Yeah I known Inno3D isnt well known manufacturer but its one of oldest manufacturers and it provides good quality.
I speak for myself offcourse

jcrox
04-21-08, 02:25 PM
I bought this MSI version because I didn't want to screw around with trying to put after market cooling on the thing myself. Most other models run quite a bit hotter than this one with it's idle @ 39c and load @ 54c with the fan @60%. They're all good IMO, but if you want it to run cool AND quiet I don't think you can beat MSI. It also comes factory OC'd @ 663/1674/950