PDA

View Full Version : COD4+SLi+TripleHead= flickering and errors...

MMhardKy
04-21-08, 06:42 AM
:( I've build a new machine with Core2 Duo E8400, nforce 780i and 2x 8800GTX-OC + Triplehead Digital on 3x 20.1" LCD. Windows XP 32bit with all updates + forceware 169.44. Everything works great in 2d.

I tried my first game. Call Of Dury 4 v1.5. SHOCK!
With SLI activated, there is horrible flickering and over the whole screen + some horizontal lines flickering. I have tried nhancer, different SLI modes, newest drivers (174.74), its still the same :( (altough the flickering and errors looked different everytime)
When I dissable SLI in forcware, everything looks perfect...

When I choose 1280*1024 through the trip;ehead, everything works great with SLI enabled! Only in 3840*1024 I have this massive flickering.

I've read about people enjoying COD4 on SLI + matrox Triplehead Digital.

I don't understand. I build a new machine, did a clean XP installation with all updates and newest drivers, NO Overclocking, temps, voltage, everything works great, 14700 points in 3dmark06, yet when I want to play COD4, I can't...

I was also thinking if the issue isn't that my cards have different clocks.
Forst is XFX with 630mhz core, second is MSI with 610Mhz. But I thought in SLI, they will automaticaly downclock to the slower card.

What could be the problem?
Help me :(

Bman212121
04-21-08, 02:57 PM
Have you tried any other games yet? That would be the first thing I would try. It could be a driver issue or something similar for that specific game. Which rendering mode are you using? It might make a difference if you are using AFR or AFR2.

Topboy
04-22-08, 04:34 AM
What make is your PSU.

I had the same problem as yours a while back in a different game and it turned out to be my PSU and a power issue in the PCI-e rails.

Changed the PSU for a different make (Went to Nvidia SLI Zone and checked compatible PSUs for my SLI setup) and then the game worked.(nana2) (nana2)

MMhardKy
04-22-08, 06:11 AM
Actualy the PSU is doing perfectly fine with this setup.

It was some rare timing/sync issue, where the slower card needed to be in the primary PCI-E. I had my faster card there. I noticed that forcware and rivatuner reported different speeds on the cores. 630mhz in rivatuner, 621 in forcware, while it had to be 610mhz because that is my slower cards speed. Apparently, different BIOSes with different clocks DO have an influence on SLI setup. I recommend to everybody to always put the slower card in your primary slot.

Bman212121
04-22-08, 12:55 PM
Glad you solved the problem, and thanks for posting the solution. :thumbsup:

XFX Support
04-23-08, 05:03 PM
Thanks for the heads up as I will have to do some testing with the 780i board. You are right in that the faster card should automatically be slowed down to match the slower one when SLI is enabled not vise versa.