PDA

View Full Version : Anybody get/play turok for pc yet?

Pages : [1] 2

malachi1313
04-22-08, 06:14 PM
wondering how it is and if its worth it. Loved the games on the n64.

|MaguS|
04-22-08, 06:15 PM
Sucked on the consoles so I dout it would be any better...

SH64
04-22-08, 06:16 PM
Is it out for PC already ?

Eliminator
04-22-08, 06:17 PM
Sucked on the consoles so I dout it would be any better...
yea i have it on 360... its been catching dust after 30 minutes of play:thumbdwn:

malachi1313
04-22-08, 06:19 PM
Is it out for PC already ?
should have came out today according to ebgames

NarcissistZero
04-22-08, 08:27 PM
Today was the ship date, not the in store date... why must people be reminded of this with every single release?

I'll be getting it, I liked the 360 demo... Wish it was on Steam though.

ClosetFanBoy
04-22-08, 09:42 PM
Got it for the 360. Totally enjoyed it myself. Typical shooter. Some levels let you take a stealth approach if you just dont want to run n' gun all the way through it. For me the knifing never gets old. I played at least 90% of the game knifing the **** out of everything, which might say a lot about the difficulty of the game...

Cant justify picking it up for PC. Still a fun game tho.

NaitoSan
04-23-08, 12:18 AM
new turok isn't THAT bad... at least it's alot better than last one (turok evolution).

WeReWoLf
04-23-08, 03:42 AM
Got it for the 360. Totally enjoyed it myself. Typical shooter. Some levels let you take a stealth approach if you just dont want to run n' gun all the way through it. For me the knifing never gets old. I played at least 90% of the game knifing the **** out of everything, which might say a lot about the difficulty of the game...

Cant justify picking it up for PC. Still a fun game tho.

Much like me completing easy/medium on Bioshock with nothing but wrench and a select few plasmids?

NarcissistZero
04-23-08, 04:11 PM
The only store in my area that had this today was Gamestop. I wanted to use $50 worth of Best Buy coupons, but I guess I'll have to save them for Mass Effect.

Game is installing now, I'll report back in a bit on how it looks/plays. Right now I can tell you it's 2 DVDs and requires 18GB of HDD space, which is insane... how are these games coming out on the 360? They must compress them all to hell.

MrTexTure
04-23-08, 04:41 PM
The only store in my area that had this today was Gamestop. I wanted to use $50 worth of Best Buy coupons, but I guess I'll have to save them for Mass Effect.

Game is installing now, I'll report back in a bit on how it looks/plays. Right now I can tell you it's 2 DVDs and requires 18GB of HDD space, which is insane... how are these games coming out on the 360? They must compress them all to hell.

WTF you must be kidding me haha.
Pretty insane I agree.

1337_Like_ThaT
04-23-08, 04:44 PM
I know this is semi-off topic but:

If any owners of Turok for PS3 have it and want to get rid of it, PM me with an offer and I may buy. I liked the game, online was especially fun but I dont want to pay retail for it

NarcissistZero
04-23-08, 04:58 PM
Okay, the rundown:

Graphics:
Game has PC resolutions standard. Graphics options are limited to: resolution, v-synch, AF (to 16), texture quality (low, med, high) and world detail (low, med, high). No AA setting, which I kind of expected since it is UE3... have not tried to force it yet. The game itself can look nice, but can also look mediocre... depends on the area. I attached screens, and while I will say it's a "looks better in motion" game, I will not say it looks incredibly so. It's not a BioShock or Crysis, but it's decent. One thing: it definately has that vaseline look to it at times, like UT3 or Rainbow Six Vegas.

Performance:
With my 8800GT on Vista, crappy core 2 duo, I get 40fps normal, 30fps in intense firefights in large open locations (see T-Rex screens). This is at 1680x1050, max in-game settings. There are some small stutters on rare occassion, but I probably need to defrag and that could solve the issue (it could also be a console "checkpoint" thing, but I do not want to claim that before I defrag). Game runs smoothly though, for the most part.

Gameplay:
I played the 360 demo and this is exactly what I expected from the full game. Story is ok, nothing amazing but decent, and the gunplay is fun. The knife is especially cool, you can attack anyone with it for an instant kill, but you need to time it right. It's a standard FPS, but a fun one. Buy it if that's your thing.

Screens:
http://img516.imageshack.us/img516/1842/t1ym2.jpg
http://img504.imageshack.us/img504/2719/t2ii6.jpg
http://img504.imageshack.us/img504/3861/t3xs5.jpg
http://img518.imageshack.us/img518/6255/t4ri0.jpg

malachi1313
04-23-08, 05:10 PM
looks pretty sweet to me. Hope they brought the cerebral bore back...

NarcissistZero
04-23-08, 05:16 PM
The textures are of higher quality than the console versions, but the geometry and such still makes it look like a console port. It can look pretty awesome at times though... really it depends on how picky you are.

nekrosoft13
04-23-08, 05:27 PM
how is the interaction with dinos? that the only part that intrest me

Destroy
04-23-08, 05:43 PM
This game is such a turkey in all aspects. Crap on console translates to crap port on PC.

NarcissistZero
04-23-08, 05:47 PM
how is the interaction with dinos? that the only part that intrest me

Pretty good... raptors will come at you from all angles and it can be pretty intense. There are larger dinos, not sure the name, that are a bitch to take down and really are intimidating. There are some charging bull dinos as well, which are cool... they climb trees too. That's as far as I've gotten... stopping now, have a lot to do tonight.

nekrosoft13
04-23-08, 05:52 PM
Tyrannosaurus Rex?

NarcissistZero
04-23-08, 06:00 PM
So far he was just in that scene and one other, and neither time was I prompted to fight him. I assume you do at some point though... dunno.

ClosetFanBoy
04-23-08, 06:01 PM
The coolest interaction with the dinos to me is knifing them. Like when they pin you, goes to this sort of cut scene deal and you tap a key, and dude pulls out his knife and starts gouging out its eye for example. Thats a no go on the T-rex, for the most part...

These dinos lack for some reason tho. I got more of a creepy kinda feeling going on with Peter Jacksons King Kong then these. Still fun as all get out knifing the **** out of them tho.

MrTexTure
04-24-08, 04:55 AM
The textures are of higher quality than the console versions, but the geometry and such still makes it look like a console port. It can look pretty awesome at times though... really it depends on how picky you are.

Nice this game looked like total crap on the 360, hello welcome 99. textures, lowres ugly blurry mess, but hey thats almost how every game on the 360 looks.

Will definitly take a look at this version, some higher res textures, resolution and key/mouse and this game can be playable I gues :)

whorable
04-24-08, 08:32 PM
I was dissapointed, the Dino models looked way better on Stage6 Videos and other Videos. They are quite BLOCKY and the blood looks terrible compared to the old videos.

Game is quite laggy for such terrible graphics, Assasins Creed runs better with Med/High and I dont even meet the Mininum Specs.

Terrible, terrible port. (nana2)

wrathofgod
04-26-08, 09:07 AM
Playing through this game now and liking it more and more as I play. =]

It's not a terrible game. Not bad, but not great.

I'll finish it, I'm sure.

Destroy
04-26-08, 09:14 AM
I'll finish it, I'm sure.

Yeah but did you pay for it which is why you feel like you have to finish it?