PDA

View Full Version : Devil May Cry 4 - PC version

Pages : [1] 2

Sectus
04-23-08, 12:44 PM
A bunch of info was released about the PC version of DMC4 today.

Capcom, a leading worldwide developer and publisher of video games, today announced that the highly anticipated PC version of Devil May Cry 4 is ready for release this summer. Devil May Cry 4 is already a certifiable hit in the console world, having shipped over two million units worldwide since its European release in February. A demo of the game will be released for PC players before the retail version ships, allowing PC gamers to try the game ahead of time as well as testing their system’s prowess with the included benchmark mode. The PC version of Devil May Cry 4 will feature new modes, enhanced graphics options and some additional content. Devil May Cry 4 has been rated 16+ by PEGI.

Good things come to those who wait as PC owners will benefit from having more modes and more visual customisation options to help enhance their demon-slaying action. Turbo mode will turn up the action to insane speeds, while Legendary Dark Knight Mode will harness advanced PC processing power and fill the screen with an unbelievable number of enemies for extra difficulty. Moreover, familiar enemies from the console versions will show-up in new locations in the PC version. The high resolution screen settings allow the cut scenes of the game to run at up to 120 frames per second (up from 30 frames per second in the console version of the game). Slider options are available to manage various visual effects seen throughout the game. Devil May Cry 4 for the PC will have both DirectX 9 and DirectX 10 modes and will also be compliant with the Games For Windows program.

A bunch of screenshots here:
http://ve3d.ign.com/articles/news/38237/Devil-May-Cry-4-PC-More-Than-A-Port
http://ve3d.ign.com/articles/news/38239/Devil-May-Cry-4-PC-Screenshots

Lovely to see that Capcom is actually putting a lot of effort into the PC version. With games like Mass Effect, DMC4, Assassin's Creed and others being noticably improved for PC I can imagine PC gaming wil become more popular again. We need more ports like this, instead of the typical lazy console port with absolutely no changes to make it work well on the PC platform.

I've already played DMC4 on the 360 and it's an awesome game. I can't wait to play the PC version... Legendary Dark Knight Mode with what looks like 10 times more enemies looks so freakishly awesome :p

Retrolock
04-23-08, 12:47 PM
Great to see Capcom porting this beauty finally to the PC. :D Lost Planet was an awesome conversion so I have faith with the upcoming DMC4 PC version.

Sectus
04-23-08, 12:56 PM
http://www.gamersyde.com/gallery_8269_en.html - even more screenshots here

|MaguS|
04-23-08, 01:00 PM
Looks good on the PC, but can't see myself rebuying the game just for higher resolution and higher AA/AF support. Seems to be a port of the X360 version, lacks motion blur from the shots.

NarcissistZero
04-23-08, 01:04 PM
Sounds great, I trust them to actually enhance the game since their Lost Planet port was so good. I have the PS3 version of this, but I could repurchase it if the game is enhanced the way they say it is.

MrTexTure
04-23-08, 01:53 PM
It seems finaly the devs have opened their eyes, if they do a proper version ala Pc then it will sell if the game is good simple as that!

They cant be any dumber then they to can look at a Pc forum and hear all complaints. this is something EPIC should been doing a long time ago insteed about bitching about piracy as they put out their POS no one wants even for free!

So then again Pc get the real proper version thanks for that :D

LordJuanlo
04-23-08, 02:18 PM
I don't mind having enhanced version of games later than consoles, I'm patient

JigenD
04-23-08, 02:27 PM
The PS3 version's cutscenes are 60fps, kinda odd for a press release to get facts like that wrong.

The graphics are not being upgraded, and it doesn't seem like a horribly efficient port, based on some of the benchmark shots on a Core 2 Quad 6600 with 8800GTX getting less than 60fps at 1920x1200...

You mention "With games like Mass Effect, DMC4, Assassin's Creed and others being noticably improved for PC I can imagine PC gaming wil become more popular again." Noticeably improved? I remember when PC gaming was more than running a console game at higher resolutions! That's the big reason why PC gaming IS in somewhat of a decline, because they aren't doing what they used to!

The new features seem somewhat minimal, unless they're going to let you play through with something like Trish, which would be a major feature (for example).

nekrosoft13
04-23-08, 02:30 PM
The PS3 version's cutscenes are 60fps, kinda odd for a press release to get facts like that wrong.

The graphics are not being upgraded, and it doesn't seem like a horribly efficient port, based on some of the benchmark shots on a Core 2 Quad 6600 with 8800GTX getting less than 60fps at 1920x1200...

since when have you been developing games capcom?

MrTexTure
04-23-08, 02:36 PM
I don't mind having enhanced version of games later than consoles, I'm patient

Same here as I said before every multiplattform games can come out later for the Pc if they do a great job, I dont care at all as long as we get the best the proper version!

Consoles can do the beta testing :D

JigenD
04-23-08, 02:43 PM
since when have you been developing games capcom?

I dunno what you're saying, but here's an example of what I'm talking about : http://images.gamersyde.com/gallery/public/8269/979_0018.jpg

They also say 'play cutscenes up to 120FPS' but what kind of PC is going to do that?

LORD-eX-Bu
04-23-08, 03:54 PM
game was awesome on PS3, bet its gonna rock for PC, might get it as well :D

K007
04-23-08, 04:03 PM
Sounds good.

Like the idea of having more things to kill ><

MrTexTure
04-23-08, 04:38 PM
It was pretty awsome on the 360 I think, one of few games that looked real good and run well. just played some before I sold my 360.

It aint my kind of game tho pretty repetive but okey thats that kind of game, hack and slash and can be fun here and then in small doses me think.

It is cool that Capcom starts realease their games on the Pc annyway more of this kind of games will surely come as the GFW iniative with the common controller

Thats nice as you have the best gamepad in the world the 360 wireless of course and that you can thank MS for :D

LORD-eX-Bu
04-23-08, 04:41 PM
meh... I can't stand the 360 gamepad. DS3 with glovepie works perfect IMO :D

MrTexTure
04-23-08, 04:44 PM

hehe okey maybe the Dualshock is better. it is slicker anyway!

NaitoSan
04-23-08, 04:46 PM
nice, i'm glad to see that capcom is putting alot of effort on pc version than just a straight port.

LORD-eX-Bu
04-23-08, 04:49 PM
alot of people complained about their DMC3SE pc port but if you had a gamepad it was just as good or even better than the PS2 version.. I played it with my DS3 and it was great :D

nekrosoft13
04-23-08, 05:07 PM

does DS3 have triggers? does it work on PC? i'm so sick of the 360 controlelr, i wouldn't mind trying DS3 again.

360 controller has the worst thumb sticks ever

MrTexTure
04-23-08, 05:56 PM
Nevermind :)

SH64
04-24-08, 03:53 AM
Devil May Cry 4' Coming this Summer to PC With Bonus Content + Screens
A demo of the game will be released for PC players before the retail version ships, allowing PC gamers to try the game ahead of time as well as testing their system’s prowess with the included benchmark mode. The PC version of Devil May Cry 4 will feature new modes, enhanced graphics options and some additional content.
Good things come to those who wait as PC owners will benefit from having more modes and more visual customisation options to help enhance their demon-slaying action. Turbo mode will turn up the action to insane speeds, while Legendary Dark Knight Mode will harness advanced PC processing power and fill the screen with an unbelievable number of enemies for extra difficulty. Moreover, familiar enemies from the console versions will show-up in new locations in the PC version. The high resolution screen settings allow the cut scenes of the game to run at up to 120 frames per second (up from 30 frames per second in the console version of the game). Slider options are available to manage various visual effects seen throughout the game. Devil May Cry 4 for the PC will have both DirectX® 9 and DirectX® 10 modes and will also be compliant with the Games For Windows program.
Superb! never knew DMC4 will support DX10! :thumbsup: (but i really doubt we will run it @120fps at max settings :p)

LordJuanlo
04-24-08, 05:36 AM
I have noticed (http://www.pcgamingalliance.org/en/about/members.asp) that Capcom has become member (contributor) of the PC Gaming Alliance. Logitech and Razer have joined too.

Contributors pay $25.000 per year, instead of $50.000 per year paid by promoters (Microsoft, Intel, AMD...)

MrTexTure
04-24-08, 06:15 AM
I have noticed (http://www.pcgamingalliance.org/en/about/members.asp) that Capcom has become member (contributor) of the PC Gaming Alliance. Logitech and Razer have joined too.

Contributors pay $25.000 per year, instead of $50.000 per year paid by promoters (Microsoft, Intel, AMD...)

Great the more the merrier as they all know that Pc is the future!
Pc Gaming FTW :D

nekrosoft13
04-24-08, 06:18 AM
more members the better ;) i would never expect capcom to join

i really hope they fix the controls, DMC series always had weird controls, plus for the love of god no XBOX Live, or no sale.

MrTexTure
04-24-08, 06:24 AM
more members the better ;) i would never expect capcom to join

i really hope they fix the controls, DMC series always had weird controls, plus for the love of god no XBOX Live, or no sale.

Indeed who could have thought that, very great news :)