PDA

View Full Version : Unreal Tournament 3 now $29.99 on Steam

NarcissistZero
04-23-08, 06:19 PM
Just an FYI. The Unreal Deal Pack is now $44.95.

This is odd since I just saw an interview with Rein where he said the game did "VERY well" on Steam... a price drop so soon after it's debut is a little weird.

Stoneyguy
04-23-08, 07:13 PM
UT3 was also 29.99 @ my local Wal-Mart. Not sure if that's a nationwide thing or not though.

six_storm
04-23-08, 10:14 PM
Yeah, I bought UT3 at GS for $30 earlier this week. It's actually a good game despite what others might say.

ViN86
04-23-08, 11:07 PM
lol my guess is it's due to the amazing sales. :rolleyes:

bah, it's a weak game imo. doesnt really bring anything to the table... sadly :(

methimpikehoses
04-23-08, 11:56 PM
pass

NarcissistZero
04-24-08, 12:09 AM
It's actually a good game despite what others might say.

I agree. People love to bash it and I really don't understand why... I get it's not as good as 2k4, but it's CERTAINLY better than "garbage" and "sucks" like people say.

KasuCode
04-24-08, 12:12 AM
Im thinking about getting it.

DeusGear
04-24-08, 12:54 AM
If you get it don't expect much from MP play: it's almost deserted. I went to warfare several days in a row and there were 3 nearly full servers.. and thats it. Dm/tdn/ctf didn't fair any better.

AngelGraves13
04-24-08, 01:40 AM
Just an FYI. The Unreal Deal Pack is now $44.95.

This is odd since I just saw an interview with Rein where he said the game did "VERY well" on Steam... a price drop so soon after it's debut is a little weird.

This is what they do....always. I bet in 3 months Assassin's Creed will be $40.

ViN86
04-24-08, 02:59 AM
I agree. People love to bash it and I really don't understand why... I get it's not as good as 2k4, but it's CERTAINLY better than "garbage" and "sucks" like people say.
meh. it doesnt bring anything new to the table tbh.

NarcissistZero
04-24-08, 03:38 AM

So? I don't require tons of innovation for a game to be tons of fun.

six_storm
04-24-08, 07:22 AM

I agree that it doesn't bring anything new to the table, it actually takes away from 2K4. However, I think that the graphics are really nice, the gameplay feels a little "heavier" than the other games and the re-made classic levels like Deck are just awesome!

nekrosoft13
04-24-08, 07:24 AM
bah, it's a weak game imo. doesnt really bring anything to the table... sadly :(

i think expectations where to high, game does excactly what it supposed to, its a Unreal Tournament game, deathmatch and new other modes, that is what the series was always about

nekrosoft13
04-24-08, 07:25 AM
I agree that it doesn't bring anything new to the table, it actually takes away from 2K4. However, I think that the graphics are really nice, the gameplay feels a little "heavier" than the other games and the re-made classic levels like Deck are just awesome!

what happened, there, console elitist cares about graphics?

how do you like them apples

Retrolock
04-24-08, 07:46 AM
So, is UT3 now a good buy after the price drop?

Sigh. Its kinda useless of me to buy this game if there are no asian servers. :( I know COD4 would probably be the only new game that'll have people in asian servers but I don't like that game. CSS is butt old too.

six_storm
04-24-08, 09:16 AM
what happened, there, console elitist cares about graphics?

how do you like them apples

Yeah, the graphics are nice. However, it's not the only reason I game ;)

Yaboze
04-24-08, 09:39 AM
I'm a big fan of the UT series. I bought it when it came out. :o

It's true, it's not that innovative but the graphics are great, it runs well cranked up and it's just a fun game. My only gripe is the menus, they are horrible. I like 2004's menu/options better. Another gripe is that there isn't that many servers running. This game didn't sell well did it...

nekrosoft13
04-24-08, 09:47 AM
i still like the orginal UT menus

SeriTonin
04-24-08, 10:10 AM
Anyone who defends this game needs to go play UT99 and UT2K4. THEN come back here and try defending it.

six_storm
04-24-08, 11:11 AM
Anyone who defends this game needs to go play UT99 and UT2K4. THEN come back here and try defending it.

I play UT 99 almost 3 times a week right after work AT WORK. I play UT 2K4 almost every other day when I'm not playing UT3. And I'll still say that UT3 is awesome. Like I've said before, UT3 isn't anything like it's predecessors and that's ok. UT2K4 is light-weight, fast paced action while UT3 takes a different approach and focuses of a graphical make-over (IMO) with a more bulky-style gameplay feel.

It does suck that there aren't a ton of servers out there but I always find a good server with tons of people on it.

LordJuanlo
04-24-08, 11:14 AM
I love UT2004 and I enjoy UT3 too, maybe I'm not so purist like most people are. It's different gameplay, but still really fun

RAY16
04-24-08, 11:41 AM
I imagine they dropped the price to increase their potential customer base, and that they'll make up for the lower profit per unit in sheer volume of units sold.