PDA

View Full Version : Nforce2 soundstorm problem

Deklin
05-03-03, 07:49 PM
When I'm playing Raven-Shield, after wahile my sound starts to get crackly? Any ideas what this is from?

saturnotaku
05-03-03, 09:58 PM
Drivers. Next official release from NVIDIA is slated to fix this problem. From what I understand they will be out very soon.

SavagePaladin
05-04-03, 08:46 PM
Dooooooooooom
Actually I never understand what the bugs are from, but I blame Windows and legacy standards like the BIOS! I mean, they both suck. Bwahaha.

ToxicFool
05-04-03, 09:25 PM
I am having this problem too.. but also it randomly happens when I am running winamp.

Plus another problem.. is when I used headphones I get a a buzzing noise even if the volume is low. Yet it doesn't happen when I am using my speakers.. I wonder why?

Grechie
05-08-03, 12:50 AM
im getting the exact problem, espeically in mgs2 susbstance which is very annoying!
yeh i heard the next nforce driver release SHOULD fix the nforce audio problems, but untill then i have to live with the realtek drivers which dont have any crackling or distortion but it doesnt have the nforce audio features eg dolby digital etc

RAY16
05-09-03, 02:36 PM
A lot of people have this problem, including me. I've seen a thread about this in another forum thats about 5 pages long, and i'm sure there are other places with people talking about it. I really hope they fix this in the next set of drivers because it is very annoying. I don't get it that much, but when it does happen its pretty bad. Sometimes the only way to stop it is to close the game/program and restart it.

im getting the exact problem, espeically in mgs2 susbstance which is very annoying!
yeh i heard the next nforce driver release SHOULD fix the nforce audio problems, but untill then i have to live with the realtek drivers which dont have any crackling or distortion but it doesnt have the nforce audio features eg dolby digital etc

Where can i get these drivers? And will they work with my Asus A7N8X non-deluxe?

SavagePaladin
05-09-03, 02:58 PM
It sounds like the next pack will include the ones on WindowsUpdate, and the ones after that will completely fix it. Bleh. Oh well.